Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The 2 most glaring issues in the MCU right now are

1.a lack of women of color as love interests (shyt, lack of women of color PERIOD, comparatively)

and

2.a lack of women of color as actual superheroes.

Monica Rambeau is the proverbial 2 birds with 1 stone answer.

The BP movie will handle first issue very quickly.

Now the second issue...I'm assuming that Monica Lynne will the love interest and/or the female lead and that Monica Rambeau won't be in the film. So we probably won't get actual non-white female superheroes, but highly competent warriors with Shuri and the Dora Milaje.

Speaking of which, I wonder who the actual female lead will be. If T'Challa has a (brewing) love interest, then it will be her. If not, then its really up in the air. Probably would be Shuri in this case, but I can see them leaning on a particular Dora Milaje as well. Even Ramonda is possible too.

I'd rather she be re-imagined as part of the BP mytho, than bringing along boring ass Monica Lynn. Plus Rambeau from New Orleans.. so that's a whole other cultural experience for young t'enzel to experience.

long hair, short hair, afro, braids, twists, it don't matter.

Maybe marvel might decide to do an amalgam of both? Integrate certain parts of Monica Lynne's history into Monica Rambeau?

edit -With that said, I think they will likely go with Monica Lynn tho. That's just consistent with what they've done with everyone else; the jane fosters, pepper potts, better banner's, hawkeye's wife, etc. etc.

Plus if it's going to be an action packed political like thriller i think, so they wouldn't want to focus on another character's origin and left field interaction. But what i do hope is that they introduce Rambeau in the future and at least have them interact.
Click to expand...​

I think Monica Rambeau will be introduced in the Captain Marvel film as the main supporting character, when its all said and done.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Black Superheroes. #dope

bLlpRki.jpg

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The BP movie will handle first issue very quickly.

Now the second issue...I'm assuming that Monica Lynne will the love interest and/or the female lead and that Monica Rambeau won't be in the film. So we probably won't get actual non-white female superheroes, but highly competent warriors with Shuri and the Dora Milaje.

Speaking of which, I wonder who the actual female lead will be. If T'Challa has a (brewing) love interest, then it will be her. If not, then its really up in the air. Probably would be Shuri in this case, but I can see them leaning on a particular Dora Milaje as well. Even Ramonda is possible too.
If they're being consistent with the other marvel movies, the female lead likely will (and should, imo) be the love interest. Typically it's the main hero, the love interest, the best friend or group of friends/confidants, and the villain... with your misc characters of various importance sprinkled in. End of the day we know the film is about BP's coming of age as King, and some of the politics involved.. so I think W'Kabi and Shuri make logical additions to that group of friends/confidants role... whereas Doras could go either way (maybe a Malice route for a future setup) or just straight misc background where they have cool combat moments but otherwise are silent.

Love interest is key tho. And an amalgam of Lynn and Rambeau would be perfect. But I agree with you that she'll likely be in the CM film. Maybe they'll switch things up but at this point I think the Marvel formula is pretty obvious/predictable: Carol's gonna need a black friend.. so it'll either be one of her pilots ("Carol Corps") or it'll be Rambeau.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
If they're being consistent with the other marvel movies, the female lead likely will (and should, imo) be the love interest. Typically it's the main hero, the love interest, the best friend or group of friends/confidants, and the villain... with your misc characters of various importance sprinkled in. End of the day we know the film is about BP's coming of age as King, and some of the politics involved.. so I think W'Kabi and Shuri make logical additions to that group of friends/confidants role... whereas Doras could go either way (maybe a Malice route for a future setup) or just straight misc background where they have cool combat moments but otherwise are silent.

Love interest is key tho. And an amalgam of Lynn and Rambeau would be perfect. But I agree with you that she'll likely be in the CM film. Maybe they'll switch things up but at this point I think the Marvel formula is pretty obvious/predictable: Carol's gonna need a black friend.. so it'll either be one of her pilots ("Carol Corps") or it'll be Rambeau.

Most def. Does carol have another notable person they can use as a supporting role? Technically they can use war machine too. I'm not too familiar with her comics.

In any case if they go with Monica rambeau for Female lead of BP, whether her actual self or an amalgam of her and Lynne, I would def welcome it. Would be very interesting to watch. It can definitely work.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Most def. Does carol have another notable person they can use as a supporting role? Technically they can use war machine too. I'm not too familiar with her comics.

In any case if they go with Monica rambeau for Female lead of BP, whether her actual self or an amalgam of her and Lynne, I would def welcome it. Would be very interesting to watch. It can definitely work.
War Machine most def but I feel they gon want her paired with a dude more masculine/younger lookin than Cheadle, so im skeptical theyll go with him. Would be happy if they went with him tho and kept Monica with BP

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Love interest is ABSOLUTELY key. The A-Sexual Black Protagonist thing is LONG played out. T'Challa is one of the smartest characters in the Marvel Universe , THE richest character, and (Pause) tall, in shape, and handsome. If Tony Stark is getting women then T'Challa should have females like

When he walks in a room.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
We are almost two years away from the film (damn...two years). T'Challa of course is the lead, and looks like Klaw and maaaaaaaaaaaybe Everett Ross are in, if indeed he appears in Civil War. Who do you think should be in the supporting cast?

my list, in no particular order:

-T'Chaka (Alive or in spirit)
-Shuri
-Ramonda
-W'Kabi
-Zuri
-Monica Lynne
-The Dora Milaje (as a unit)
-Taku

Pretty well balanced in terms of gender, unlike a lot of superhero movies.
Theres going to be a cac thats a prominant character, even made up for the movie, or the agent in the Priest run.