Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
We are almost two years away from the film (damn...two years). T'Challa of course is the lead, and looks like Klaw and maaaaaaaaaaaybe Everett Ross are in, if indeed he appears in Civil War. Who do you think should be in the supporting cast?

my list, in no particular order:

-T'Chaka (Alive or in spirit)
-Shuri
-Ramonda
-W'Kabi
-Zuri
-Monica Lynne
-The Dora Milaje (as a unit)
-Taku

Pretty well balanced in terms of gender, unlike a lot of superhero movies.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
We are almost two years away from the film (damn...two years). T'Challa of course is the lead. Who do you think should be in the supporting cast?

-Klaw
-Shuri
-Ramonda
-W'Kabi
-Zuri
-Monica Lynne
-Taku

Pretty balanced in terms of gender, unlike a lot of superhero movies. Still iffy on Everett Ross, but depending on the script, it may make sense for him to be featured too. And he might already be in Civil War, I think.

I've been thinking lately, and this is again just a THOUGHT, but I don't think Monica Lynne is a "Strong" enough character in this new world of "Strong, fierce, independent" women who can kick ass on their own. I think that as a black female lead character (ESPECIALLY one that's going to be consciously or unconsciously compared to the Dora Milaje) a more capable character is needed to potentially stand next to T'Challa. A character who can stand on her own within not only a solo BP movie but the MCU as a whole. A character with her OWN skill set. A character.... Like Monica Rambeau

Monica "Photon" Rambeau would be the P-E-R-E-C-T love interest for T'Challa. She's a woman of color, she has her own power and skill set, they have been in the past and are now currently teammates on the Ultimates, she could fit EASILY into the wider MCU. In my mind it's actually a no-brainer that she is at least INTRODUCED in BP and set up in further sequels.

They need to go ahead get it done. Sign my future wife Tenoyah Parrish to play Monica

DO IT MARVEL:blessed:

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
You really managed to go out of your way and make this about Star Wars and Finn too.... I'm done. :deadmanny:
Seems like he's traumatized
images

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are almost two years away from the film (damn...two years). T'Challa of course is the lead, and looks like Klaw and maaaaaaaaaaaybe Everett Ross are in, if indeed he appears in Civil War. Who do you think should be in the supporting cast?

-Shuri
-Ramonda
-W'Kabi
-Zuri
-Monica Lynne
-Taku

Pretty well balanced in terms of gender, unlike a lot of superhero movies.
138689-76987-vibraxas.jpg
138688-169302-vibraxas.jpg

N'Kano III A.k.A. Vibraxas, A.KA. Nappy Fro Lad

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I've been thinking lately, and this is again just a THOUGHT, but I don't think Monica Lynne is a "Strong" enough character in this new world "Strong, fierce, independent" women who can kick ass on their own. I think that as a black female lead character (ESPECIALLY one that's going to be consciously or unconsciously compared to the Dora Milaje) a more capable character is needed to potentially stand next to T'Challa. A character who can stand on her own within not only a solo BP movie but the MCU as a whole. A character with her OWN skill set. A character.... Like Monkca Rambeau

Monica "Photon" Rambeau would be the P-E-R-E-C-T love interest for T'Challa. She's a woman of color, she has her own power and skill set, they have been in the past and are now currently teammates on the Ultimates, she could fit EASILY into the wider MCU. In my mind it's actually a no-brainer that she is at least INTRODUCED in BP and set up in further sequels.

They need to go ahead get it done. Sign my future wife Tenoyah Parrish to play Monica

The 2 most glaring issues in the MCU right now are

1.a lack of women of color as love interests (shyt, lack of women of color PERIOD, comparatively)

and

2.a lack of women of color as actual superheroes.

Monica Rambeau is the proverbial 2 birds with 1 stone answer.

I'd rather she be re-imagined as part of the BP mytho, than bringing along boring ass Monica Lynn. Plus Rambeau from New Orleans.. so that's a whole other cultural experience for young t'enzel to experience.

long hair, short hair, afro, braids, twists, it don't matter.

edit -

With that said, I think they will likely go with Monica Lynn tho. That's just consistent with what they've done with everyone else; the jane fosters, pepper potts, better banner's, hawkeye's wife, etc. etc.

Plus if it's going to be an action packed political like thriller i think, so they wouldn't want to focus on another character's origin and left field interaction. But what i do hope is that they introduce Rambeau in the future and at least have them interact.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Acted like a straight up bytch all thru that series :mjlol:

Lol him hating on Monica was one of the funniest parts in Jungle Action

This brings up the question: which version of the characters are we going to get.

Personally, I would try to get the best elements of each run and put it on film, if it fits. Each run, however, can be very distinct. That may not be the case when the movie rolls out.

Closest thing to run-to-run consistentcy we've gotten was mcgregor-to-priest. Everything else had notable differences. Some might argue even priest had very notable differences compared to mcgregor.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This brings up the question: which version of the characters are we going to get.

Personally, I would try to get the best elements of each run and put it on film, if it fits. Each run, however, can be very distinct. That may not be the case when the movie rolls out.

Closest thing to run-to-run consistentcy we've gotten was mcgregor-to-priest. Everything else had notable differences. Some might argue even priest had very notable differences compared to mcgregor.
Ima comment on this in the morning cause im high and i cant believe someone on this site didnt know there was a South Central show smh

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've been thinking lately, and this is again just a THOUGHT, but I don't think Monica Lynne is a "Strong" enough character in this new world of "Strong, fierce, independent" women who can kick ass on their own. I think that as a black female lead character (ESPECIALLY one that's going to be consciously or unconsciously compared to the Dora Milaje) a more capable character is needed to potentially stand next to T'Challa. A character who can stand on her own within not only a solo BP movie but the MCU as a whole. A character with her OWN skill set. A character.... Like Monica Rambeau

A bold choice. Personally, I'm very open to it. Only thing is, as someone mentioned, Monica being introduced might take some time, valuable time from the other supporting cast. Perhaps it might be best for her to be introduced elsewhere, if she were to show up.

Like @Primetime, I think in the end they will go with Monica Lynne. However, will we get the comic book version of her? I def don't thing so. She will have a revamp. As you mentioned, she sticks out like a sore thumb. She is neither a super hero nor a warrior nor known to be a tough minded individual. Meanwhile, the rest of the female supporting cast are at least one of those (all except Ramonda are warriors, and all of them are tough minded people).

But if they go with Monica rambeau, for whatever reason, it's all about the execution. If it's done well, it's all good.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I got nothing but love for Cage. He's a Black American like many of us are. Dealing with the things many of us do. He does so many of the things most of us only wish we could. And I can't wait for his Netflix show.

But Panther...Panther came first. Panther came from Wakanda (In your heart of hearts, you know you want to live there!). Panther was never a victim of white supremacy. Panther kicked everyone's ass! Panther isn't an inspiration to young Black men, like Cage. Panther is an inspiration to Black People!

Eh yo my G.....:patrice:

I'm gonna drop the trolling for a minute..... this aint even Bryan Danielson talking to you this is:jbhmm: ......... na fukk that... I aint dropping real names and shyt niccas on here are ruthless:mjlol:

But this was a real ass post..... the kinda post you have to just take a step back and soak that shyt in...... :ahh:

Honestly.... I couldnt even troll that if I wanted to... everything you said was well said.:ehh:

Though I'm more Luke Cage set than BP

I 1000% respect that.:salute:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Eh yo my G.....:patrice:

I'm gonna drop the trolling for a minute..... this aint even Bryan Danielson talking to you this is:jbhmm: ......... na fukk that... I aint dropping real names and shyt niccas on here are ruthless:mjlol:

But this was a real ass post..... the kinda post you have to just take a step back and soak that shyt in...... :ahh:

Honestly.... I couldnt even troll that if I wanted to... everything you said was well said.:ehh:

Though I'm more Luke Cage set than BP

I 1000% respect that.:salute:

Damn, he got you out of character and all? Impressive.:ehh: