teacher

All Star
Daps
The Coates credit is just odd to me.

I can see the Mcgregor Influences with Killmonger

Kirby Influences with the trial by combat

Gillis influences with the Panther god and Nakia (She's basically Malakia from that)

Priest

Hudlin with turning the Dora Milaje into an army, Shuri, Klaw

Coates...The planes by Stelfreeze?

Seeing the preparation of him being 10 steps ahead. Maybe man with out fear but from what I can remember the prep plans are usually already in place no one ever put importance into the brain storming stage except Coates....

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Another one stating Coates influence and look
This version of the Black Panther story was inspired by both Christopher Priest and Ta-Nehisi Coates’ comic book runs. Brian Stelfreeze’s artwork also directly inspired the look of Wakanda and the nation’s technology.
:childplease:I’m pretty sure Coates is a better writer then both of them and I don’t know who Joe Robert Cole is.
:mjgrin:

Joe Robert Cole wrote the People vs. OJ.

I was saying in terms of story telling on film. Like those early Coates BP comics weren't dynamic enough and he was finding his way as a comic writer. Coogler/Cole been working at their craft longer in their field so they know how to elevate it in that medium.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Another one stating Coates influence and look

:mjgrin:

Joe Robert Cole wrote the People vs. OJ.

I was saying in terms of story telling on film. Like those early Coates BP comics weren't dynamic enough and he was finding his way as a comic writer. Coogler/Cole been working at their craft longer in their field so they know how to elevate it in that medium.

Story telling in a comic book yea...he drew things out a bit much...It might work in a film though you can fit so much more in a smaller time span on the big screen..I’m re reading his first arc and read the 1st 2 issues back to back and it was much better then I remembered. YMMV :yeshrug:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
At this point I think Coogler is mentioning Coates because he's friends with him.

Im not seeing it. Hell i see more Hudlin influences

black-panther-page-5.jpg
The new costume is exactly from the Coates run down to the absorbing energy and shooting it back out :skip:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Story telling in a comic book yea...he drew things out a bit much...It might work in a film though you can fit so much more in a smaller time span on the big screen..I’m re reading his first arc and read the 1st 2 issues back to back and it was much better then I remembered. YMMV :yeshrug:
I think its a much better binge read than waiting issue to issue.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Coates credit is just odd to me.

I can see the Mcgregor Influences with Killmonger

Kirby Influences with the trial by combat

Gillis influences with the Panther god and Nakia (She's basically Malakia from that)

Priest

Hudlin with turning the Dora Milaje into an army, Shuri, Klaw

Coates...The planes by Stelfreeze?

My problem with them keep mentioning Coates is that the creators that added more to the character aren't getting the same love

THIS....

Or you have people crediting Coates with stuff that other people created.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The new costume is exactly from the Coates run down to the absorbing energy and shooting it back out :skip:

The look of the costume existed LONG before the Coates run.

The more Panther like mask/helmet thing has been used on and off since before even Priest.

The suit forming around T'Challa via nano tech first appears in the very first issue of Priest's run, we also see it in the first issue of Hickman's Avengers run.

The suit Absorbing Kinetic energy is also form Priest's run. The primary property of Vibranium has always been that it absorbs vibration and kinetic energy. In fact Vibranium is supposed to get stronger as it absorbs more kinetic energy.

Only stuff I've seen so far that comes from Coates run is Kimoyo Beads and the Force Push.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing the preparation of him being 10 steps ahead. Maybe man with out fear but from what I can remember the prep plans are usually already in place no one ever put importance into the brain storming stage except Coates....

Coates version of T'Challa was never 10 steps ahead. In fact Coates made it a point to show T'Challa as always being caught off guard by stuff, the supposed excuse being that he was "distracted".

Code

Banned
Daps
Why don't they just put Lexus logos on his costume? Wouldn't want someone to miss it

/sarcasm

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Academy Award Winner Forest Whitaker
Academy Award Nominee Angela Bassett
Academy Award Winner Lupita N'Yongo
Acadamy Award Nominee Daniel Kaluuya
Academy Award Nominee Rachel Morrison

:wow:

Also don't forget
Academy Award Nominee Ruth E Carter
Emmy Winner Sterling K Brown
Emmy Nominee and WGA winnger Joe Robert Cole.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don't they just put Lexus logos on his costume? Wouldn't want someone to miss it

/sarcasm

Stop complaining about the Lexus tie in. It's not like they only did it with Black Panther. They did the same thing with Iron Man 2 and 3, Captain America Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Did you really expect blockbuster movie to have no sort of promotional tie ins?