Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
So Ross won't be a clown :jbhmm:
Freeman: "I think we've all seen the idea of the goofy white guy among cool black people going, 'What the hell?' I've seen that about four billions times today, so, I don't really need to do that again. I had early conversations with Ryan about that. Both of us were very keen that that wouldn't be the case in this, you know? He has moments of comedy, he has moments of levity and there was humor there, but that's not his purpose."
Everything We Learned From the 'Black Panther' Set Visit

THIS....

Or you have people crediting Coates with stuff that other people created.

None of us have seen the movie though. Like I said there are going to be some influences in this from the Coates run. Nate Moore the producer wouldn't name drop his influence for no reason. :manny:

So either people are assuming the producers are crediting Coates for stuff he never came up with or using stuff from his actual run. Its one or the other. It's the producer saying this....

so either he's off about the character or they liked certain things.

They might have liked an idea he had and felt they could execute it better.

I don't know why people say trust the filmmaker and Marvel everything else except this. Maybe they know what they're doing.

Gotta separate comics from film.

Last edited:
Daps
T'Challa with the :birdman:

p4_24_18.jpg

:banderas: #HOH

Reading through this entire thread and I'm really seeing that Tchalla don't really mess with white folks like that

It's like he cool with them when they cool but he won't hesitate to smack one down if they get out of pocket

I hope they show this in the movie :wow:

I want him to be unapologetically Wakandan :wow:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Ross won't be a clown :jbhmm:

Everything We Learned From the 'Black Panther' Set Visit

None of us have seen the movie though. Like I said there are going to be some influences in this from the Coates run. Nate Moore the producer wouldn't name drop his influence for no reason. :manny:

So either people are assuming the producers are crediting Coates for stuff he never came up with or using stuff from his actual run. Its one or the other. It's the producer saying this....

so either he's off about the character or they liked certain things.

They might have liked an idea he had and felt they could execute it better.

I don't know why people say trust the filmmaker and Marvel everything else except this. Maybe they know what they're doing.

Gotta separate comics from film.

There's a reason there's no actual quote from Nate Moore saying that in the link you provided......

This is what Nate Moore said:

“I think there were definitely some inspiration points, especially design-wise that we got form both [Christopher Priest] and Ta-Nehisi’s run,” producer Nate Moore said. “Brian Stelfreeze is an amazing artist, and some of his version of Wakanda – and even Wakanda technology – was stuff that we borrowed pretty liberally from.”

They were talking about the costume and set design, not story elements.

6 Things We Learned About Wakanda From the BLACK PANTHER Set | Nerdist

And here's a quote from Coogler where he says they took elements from every run, but drew things primarily from the Priest run:

We asked if there was a particular run that was particularly influential in this film. Coogler told us, “You know, I would say they all very really – we pulled from all of them. Like, I think we probably pulled the most from Christopher Priest. He kind of had the longest, most robust run. But we pulled from everybody. We pulled from [Reginald] Hudlin. Every writer had their touch.”

Winston Duke, Letitia Wright & Ryan Coogler on Black Panther

And pretty much every interview Boseman has done has him talking about Priest being a big influence on his interpretation of the character.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Reading through this entire thread and I'm really seeing that Tchalla don't really mess with white folks like that

It's like he cool with them when they cool but he won't hesitate to smack one down if they get out of pocket

T'Challa has always been really cool with Reed Richards and he used to be really cool with Steve Rogers until recently.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
There's a reason there's no actual quote from Nate Moore saying that in the link you provided......

This is what Nate Moore said:

They were talking about the costume and set design, not story elements.

6 Things We Learned About Wakanda From the BLACK PANTHER Set | Nerdist

And here's a quote from Coogler where he says they took elements from every run, but drew things primarily from the Priest run:

Winston Duke, Letitia Wright & Ryan Coogler on Black Panther

And pretty much every interview Boseman has done has him talking about Priest being a big influence on his interpretation of the character.
You really fighting the good fight huh? :mjgrin:

Nate Moore, Producer:

9. On which specific Marvel comics inspired the film: "I would say the two runs that were most inspirational were the [Christopher] Priest and Ta-Nehisi [Coates] runs."
32 Things We Learned on the Set of Marvel's 'Black Panther'

I don't know how you missed that they got direct quotes from each person..

I said specifically in an earlier post that I think they got the story/BP element from Priest and guessed they got Wakanda from Hudlin and sprinkle in Coates stuff elsewhere.

So again. We haven't seen the film. However, if you think they aren't using a little Coates element in the movie/story (outside of look) then I don't know what to tell you..

Why fight so hard because they want to credit that man's work in the movie :gucci:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:childplease:I’m pretty sure Coates is a better writer then both of them and I don’t know who Joe Robert Cole is.

Writing fiction isn't Coates strength. BP was Coates' first attempt at fiction ever. Coogler and Joe Cole are much more experience on that front. They def can upgrade / tweak whatever elements or concept from Coates's run and improve on them for the film.

Joe Robert Cole is the co-writer of the BP film.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Reed Richards is arguably his best friend and he has a lot of respect for Captain America. He obviously had a solid relationship with Everett Ross throughout the Priest run.

As for being "unapologetically Wakandan"...well, Wakandans are a very tough people to please. T'Challs goes far, but often his people / fam want him to go further. :yeshrug: