Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
We know who T'Challa is. Some of those recent writers though....they either don't know or don't give a fukk and make changes along the way.

Nope..... The more you get to know your hero's the more they begin to disappoint!:sas2:

Bu bu but we gonna shyt on LC cuz got some white p*ssy!:skip:

LC everyday living in the communities you and I live in..... Helping the same people you and I know.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Nope..... The more you get to know your hero's the more they begin to disappoint!:sas2:

LC everyday living in the communities you and I live in..... Helping the same people you and I know.

Nah, we still got love for the character. Not the recent writers lol. (Shout out to Liss and Ewing though, they did, or are doing in Ewing's case, a good job).

As for the rest....trying to say T'Challa and the Wakandans, when well written, aren't relateable or even inspiring somehow? C'mon, fam :pachaha:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm reading some of these posts and its like you guys never read Priest's run on Black Panther, only some of Hudlin's, like ZERO X-men books and none of Hickman's run. Like seriously, out of everything that happened to T'Challa, the Storm immediately acting as a woman scorned as soon as he mentioned something is like 100% accurate to what would happen in a relationship like that. And Wolverine made the most sense as he was actually with Storm before BP came in and stole her from him.
The marriage should never have happened in the first place but people ship it to hard to see otherwise.

Hickman did a great job with Black Panther, he was WAYYYYY better than Hudlin. Not sure if you guys read that run or not (its currently still ongoing) but he treated the character with respect. It all made sense in the story and had been building towards that
Agreed.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Sounds like all you niccas disgusted with that deconstruction of BP need to roll over to that PowerMan set:umad:
Its like the people her complaining about the deconstruction never read his Jungle Action series :heh:

The best stories are usually deconstruction stories that's why Panthers Rage is my favorite Black Panther story

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Its like the people her complaining about the deconstruction never read his Jungle Action series :heh:

The best stories are usually deconstruction stories that's why Panthers Rage is my favorite Black Panther story

There is nothing wrong with deconstruction, as long as there is a payoff at some point. We're talking about 4+ years of deconstruction, not just one story. When was the last time T'Challa got a concrete, unquestionable W (fighting and beating Black Dwarf off panel...maybe)? When was the last time he had a semblance of a payoff? Something to make everything he went through worthwhile?

Secret Wars isn't over yet, but imho, barring Hickman surprising everyone (which I hope), I don't see T'Challa getting a payoff than makes up for everything he went though in this story. Not counting even the previous years.

Daps
:dead: at the bold. But yea, outside of the non-combatants thing (I don't remember that), that is more or less what happened.

T'Challa and Shuri not only murked the desturi, they were maaaaaad brutal and very unapologetic about it, showed no mercy. Shuri was even called out for the brutallity by Nightcrawler and she gave him the :usure: and :scust: .

YXRobtu.jpg

hNFPNgC.jpg

Yet when it came time to give Doom a beating of a lifetime for what he did to the royal family and the wakandan people, we get this bullshyt.

92q6Dkh.jpg

That's right. The same people who had nooooo problems whatsoever in showing zero mercy to traitors from their own country, wouldn't at the least give doom a severe beating for orchestrating the whole damn thing.

2iiaem1_medium_medium_medium_medium.gif

I dunno about you, but if a dude merked my uncle, threatened to kill my mother, disrespected the shyt out my wife, stole my country's major resource and then caused a revolt under false pretenses just to take over my country, that dude would be LUCKY if all he got was a severe ass whopping....and doom didn't even get THAT!
okay i read something about even those Wakandans whom surrendered being executed on the spot:manny:yeah i'm not even as invested in the character yet but that whole plot line is disgraceful and clearly promoting a docile negro/white supremacist agenda:camby:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:dead: at the bold. But yea, outside of the non-combatants thing (I don't remember that), that is more or less what happened.

T'Challa and Shuri not only murked the desturi, they were maaaaaad brutal and very unapologetic about it, showed no mercy. Shuri was even called out for the brutallity by Nightcrawler and she gave him the :usure: and :scust: .

YXRobtu.jpg

hNFPNgC.jpg

Yet when it came time to give Doom a beating of a lifetime for what he did to the royal family and the wakandan people, we get this bullshyt.

92q6Dkh.jpg

That's right. The same people who had nooooo problems whatsoever in showing zero mercy to traitors from their own country, wouldn't at the least give doom a severe beating for orchestrating the whole damn thing.

2iiaem1_medium_medium_medium_medium.gif

I dunno about you, but if a dude merked my uncle, threatened to kill my mother, disrespected the shyt out my wife, stole my country's major resource and then caused a revolt under false pretenses just to take over my country, that dude would be LUCKY if all he got was a severe ass whopping....and doom didn't even get THAT!

fukking ridiculous. I swore I would never again read those panels and relive that c00ning bullshyt they absolutely BROKE CHARACTER to portray T'Challa and Suri as on. WHAT.....THE.....fukk??!!!!!!!!!??

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
That's the thing. I don't think Hickman got the the essence of T'Challa the man either. The man took his duties very seriously. And him having a breakdown in of itself has never been the main issue. My issue (and surely those of others) has been WHY he is having the breakdown.

Straying from his duties every once in a while is one thing, but when the hell has he ever directly and deliberately put Wakanda at harms way as much as he did in New Avengers? Dude was doing some rather amateurish shyt for a guy who was king for some time.

And honestly, T'Challa's duties >>>>> his humanity, especially when Wakanda itself is at stake. That's comes with the job. Hence why T'Challa can be stoic and distant to a lot of people. And if he felt his humanity was so important, then he should've tried to find another way (something he does often), instead of not going with the plan that he cosigned and dooming his world as a result.

Well in this case, T'Challa was not actually king of Wakanda at this time, he was King of the Dead. He was still loyal to Wakanda, but his main duty was not strictly to them anymore.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I got nothing but love for Cage. He's a Black American like many of us are. Dealing with the things many of us do. He does so many of the things most of us only wish we could. And I can't wait for his Netflix show.

But Panther...Panther came first. Panther came from Wakanda (In your heart of hearts, you know you want to live there!). Panther was never a victim of white supremacy. Panther kicked everyone's ass! Panther isn't an inspiration to young Black men, like Cage. Panther is an inspiration to Black People!

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Well in this case, T'Challa was not actually king of Wakanda at this time, he was King of the Dead. He was still loyal to Wakanda, but his main duty was not strictly to them anymore.

So what, wakandans dying and the welfare of his country doesn't matter to him anymore?

He's still a member of the royal family. And the wakandans still treated him as such. Notice how damn near all of them still addressed him as their king, even when Shuri was aroundand calling the shots.

And by virtue of being a Black Panther, which he was, his number one obligation was to wakanda by default. And speaking of which, where is Bast at? Bast is looking like a hell of a useless God so far, despite everything he/she told T'Challa.

And just because T'Challa's main duty didn't involve ruling the country doesn't mean he had to do what he did. Especially how and why he did it. Hence why Shuri, the Dora Milaje and the Hatute Zeraze looked at him reaaaaall funny when he was doing his bs and not explaining to them why he did it, which was some bullshyt. And why they rightfully turned on him for his borderline sellout actions.

Lastly, his actions and inactions not only showed disloyalty towards Wakanda, they almost lead to the destruction of the ENTIRE world. Not just Wakanda. Only reason the story went on is because Namor bailed him out. T'Challa had nothing to do with that.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I got nothing but love for Cage. He's a Black American like many of us are. Dealing with the things many of us do. He does so many of the things most of us only wish we could. And I can't wait for his Netflix show.

But Panther...Panther came first. Panther came from Wakanda (In your heart of hearts, you know you want to live there!). Panther was never a victim of white supremacy. Panther kicked everyone's ass! Panther isn't an inspiration to young Black men, like Cage. Panther is an inspiration to Black People!

There is room for BP, the BP mythos, and Luke Cage to eat, and eat well. Luke and T'Challa worked a lot together anyway in various runs. They cool with each other, no hate between both.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There is room for BP, the BP mythos, and Luke Cage to eat, and eat well. Luke and T'Challa worked a lot together anyway in various run. They cool with each other, no hate between both.

Facts. No reason to have to choose. It's clear who I like more, but I have love for both.