Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just hearing them trying to mumble their way through explaining the scene with the panther spirits bc all they know about the mytho are some scans they saw of Shuri talking to "mother" :mjlol:. Makes me wonder if they even know who Bast is.

But it's not just them, i was disappointed to hear Martin from double toasted give his critique of the 2nd trailer a month back, (being dubbed as the comic whiz on the show) only to then inquire why MBJ has a NY accent and how odd it is that the movie implies that Killmonger wants to become king and black panther when that was never the case in the comics.

I was like... breh :gucci:
:russ:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just hearing them trying to mumble their way through explaining the scene with the panther spirits bc all they know about the mytho are some scans they saw of Shuri talking to "mother" :mjlol:. Makes me wonder if they even know who Bast is.

But it's not just them, i was disappointed to hear Martin from double toasted give his critique of the 2nd trailer a month back, (being dubbed as the comic whiz on the show) only to then inquire why MBJ has a NY accent and how odd it is that the movie implies that Killmonger wants to become king and black panther when that was never the case in the comics.

I was like... breh :gucci:

I remember that shyt....and the way Korey and the others reacted is why that shyt annoys me. They don't know any better, so anything Martin says about it is gospel to them.

Also, is anybody else seeing more and more people speculate that Killonger is T'Challa's half brother?:snoop:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I completely agree, and it crossed my mind before. There was a distinct vacuum of BP knowledge that all these YT personalities were clueless on how to fill, and yet people here and on CBR talk about BP daily like other brehs do the NBA or NFL. That easily could've been a podcast.

We should've made reactionary podcasts and episodic editions about favorite moments, powers and abilities, love interests, etc.
Like I said it would have been dope.

And as I added to my previous post.."there would have been almost 2 years of ground work laid down" for this film.

So with the hype being insane right now all that video knowledge would have valuable and informative. Those that don't know would know. And brehs would have certified youtube cred now because they started it it up long before the BP movie hype went next level.

Sitting right there in front of brehs all long. :ehh::francis: Learned so much just visiting this thread :pachaha:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw a featurette...:banderas: This shyt got me so hyped.... Can't believe in a few more days we'll be watching a black panther movie...

Not just a Black Panther movie, but a Black Panther movie set primarily in Wakanda, that focuses on their culture, and has a predominantly Black cast.

Much better than the Coming to America knock off people used to insist that it had to be...

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said it would have been dope.

And as I added to my previous post.."there would have been almost 2 years of ground work laid down" for this film.

So with the hype being insane right now all that video knowledge would have valuable and informative. Those that don't know would know. And brehs would have certified youtube cred now because they started it it up long before the BP movie hype went next level.

Sitting right there in front of brehs all long. :ehh::francis: Learned so much just visiting this thread :pachaha:

I've been offered the chance to do a couple of podcasts in the past and I've turned them down. My schedule is too fukking irregular. It'd be one of those situations where the first episode would drop in January and the second wouldn't be done till March.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not just a Black Panther movie, but a Black Panther movie set primarily in Wakanda, that focuses on their culture, and has a predominantly Black cast.

Much better than the Coming to America knock off people used to insist that it had to be...

Dude I am still dumbfounded to see how one small cameo in Civil War has made him a fan favorite even among white fans... :pachaha: it seems unreal at times... I mean and to set this place in a futuristic city of wakanda and be primarily BLACK cast with no bullshyt... is just...:ohlawd: You know what this movie will do for the culutre??? how many young black kids & creators this will inspire??? how many other black afro-centric scifi epics will get greenlit???

EDITED to add: I was seriously disappointed in Professor Black Truth and TBA downing the film off a 2 minute trailer and THEY NEVER EVER READ THE COMICS... :deadman:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I've been offered the chance to do a couple of podcasts in the past and I've turned them down. My schedule is too fukking irregular. It'd be one of those situations where the first episode would drop in January and the second wouldn't be done till March.
I feel ya.

However, thats how other youtube channels still figure out ways around people's schedule. Like Channel Awesome will just have somebody drop a vid or some knowledge on their own just once a month. Like @Primetime sort of suggested with different topics. SInce BP mythos is still kinda fresh for the general audience you could really talk about anything. Even on your own time :yeshrug:

But again I feel ya.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude I am still dumbfounded to see how one small cameo in Civil War has made him a fan favorite even among white fans... :pachaha: it seems unreal at times... I mean and to set this place in a futuristic city of wakanda and be primarily BLACK cast with no bullshyt... is just...:ohlawd: You know what this movie will do for the culutre??? how many young black kids & creators this will inspire??? how many other black afro-centric scifi epics will get greenlit???

T'Challa has the same coolness factor to him that Snake eyes from G.I. Joe has IMO. He also moves and behaves differently than every other MCU character, so he stood out even more so.

Black Panther is the first time Afrofuturism will be seen on the big screen.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

EDITED to add: I was seriously disappointed in Professor Black Truth and TBA downing the film off a 2 minute trailer and THEY NEVER EVER READ THE COMICS... :deadman:
Bo :beli:

I get comics or superheroes movies aren't for everyone. But I know he should at least acknowledge the production/importance/etc of seeing an all black blockbuster on this scale.

Edit: He kinda does. Just rather the breh not speak on it all if there's no interest.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I completely agree, and it crossed my mind before. There was a distinct vacuum of BP knowledge that all these YT personalities were clueless on how to fill, and yet people here and on CBR talk about BP daily like other brehs do the NBA or NFL. That easily could've been a podcast.

We should've made reactionary podcasts and episodic editions about favorite moments, powers and abilities, love interests, etc.
Why the "we could have" tone? If there are users here that want to do it, it can still be done. Between now and when the movie drops is when black panther searches on youtube are going to skyrocket.

I mean, it's one thing if you just don't wanna do it. But it's just an excuse to be like "well it's too late now, we could have done this that and the third".

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I remember that shyt....and the way Korey and the others reacted is why that shyt annoys me. They don't know any better, so anything Martin says about it is gospel to them.

Also, is anybody else seeing more and more people speculate that Killonger is T'Challa's half brother?:snoop:

I usually don't participate in such things but i was really about to send them an email puttin Martin on blast for that ish, or just go in on the comment sections, but i was like let me just chill lol

I may still email them with scans like breh, WTF was you talkin about..

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bo :beli:

I get comics or superheroes movies aren't for everyone. But I know he should at least acknowledge the production/importance/etc of seeing an all black blockbuster on this scale.

I hate when people do that shyt....

Publicly announce that they don't understand or can't get excited about something, then when people naturally try to point some of the reasons they're excited for it the person complains about people trying to change their mind.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

And at the same time being all hyped up about Luke Cage. A stereotypical black exploitation character with a white wife. I'll keep reminding his fanbase that.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Why the "we could have" tone? If there are users here that want to do it, it can still be done. Between now and when the movie drops is when black panther searches on youtube are going to skyrocket.

I mean, it's one thing if you just don't wanna do it. But it's just an excuse to be like "well it's too late now, we could have done this that and the third".
It's not an excuse, its just acknowledging it's a good idea we should've been hopped on.

I'm actually working on a small 2 min youtube video about BP's abilities, using scans and clips. I plan to get my feet wet with that and depending on how it goes, i'll cover more topics with some other brehs who have interest.

The podcast was something i hadn't given too much thought too, given schedules but it's certainly possible.