Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Am I the only person that actually reads the interviews that Coogler does? People keep saying the film takes heavily from Coates book even though Coogler and Boseman have said repeated that while they took elements from every run they mostly got inspiration from Priest.

and it has been to its detriment. I like macuga's bro-ness but the schmo dudes really need to grow up

I like it way more actually.....plus the Schmoes actually bring on black people with knowledge of the industry that Campea claimed didn't exist.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Am I the only person that actually reads the interviews that Coogler does? People keep saying the film takes heavily from Coates book even though Coogler and Boseman have said repeated that while they took elements from every run they mostly got inspiration from Priest.

I like it way more actually.....plus the Schmoes actually bring on black people with knowledge of the industry that Campea claimed didn't exist.
I'm glad Jay Washington gets on the shows and seeing on twitter he really wants to cover the BP premiere. But I gotta say...

even his BP knowledge is kinda :patrice:at times. I know you're talking about the other guys, but still.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'm glad Jay Washington gets on the shows and seeing on twitter he really wants to cover the BP premiere. But I gotta say...

even his BP knowledge is kinda :patrice:at times. I know you're talking about the other guys, but still.
He's been enthusiastic for months I won't hold it against him:hubie:Didn't know about beef with John though. Come to tjink of it I've never seen them really interact in the schnoedowns when he was still there :ohhh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm talking about all of them, because Jay is clearly a new comer to the mythos too.

Nothing wrong with being a newcomer, but too many of them folks be out here giving the wrong information to people about stuff. The Black Panther mythos is complication because there's been so many retcons, but I can tell when a motherfukka done just read wiki or has only read Coates stuff.

Like people keep saying the scene on the spiritual plane is the Djalia, but that's not connected to the Panther god. The Djalia is supposed to the a spiritual plane for the history of Wakanda. That's not where T'Challa goes to commune with the Panther god. If they were the same place Shuri wouldn't have been been lost there. Again, that scene is taken from Priest's run, Boseman has said in multiple interviews that it's his favorite moment from the comics.

*edit*

The person who has by far been the most accurate and clearly isn't a newcomer is Markeia McCarty, she really knows her stuff and she doesn't just make stuff up to fill in blanks like most other people do.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Honestly, between the two podcasts (the Jay Washington one and the Schnepp one), there's a clear difference between someone who knows what their talking about or at least doesn't try to bullshyt it (Schnepp and 'em) and a group of 'bros' who pretty much speed read through wikipedia and are trying to front like they have a mountain of knowledge and know-it-all.

It was the same issue i had when listening to screen junkies when JW and that one black girl were more or less dubbed the experts of BP, but they clearly had no idea what they were talking about.

Not to even act like Schnepp is this or that, since i'm not familiar with his podcast or other talking points, but it was refreshing to hear a take from someone who had some familiarity with the character.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm talking about all of them, because Jay is clearly a new comer to the mythos too.

Nothing wrong with being a newcomer, but too many of them folks be out here giving the wrong information to people about stuff. The Black Panther mythos is complication because there's been so many retcons, but I can tell when a motherfukka done just read wiki or has only read Coates stuff.

Like people keep saying the scene on the spiritual plane is the Djalia, but that's not connected to the Panther god. The Djalia is supposed to the a spiritual plane for the history of Wakanda. That's not where T'Challa goes to commune with the Panther god. If they were the same place Shuri wouldn't have been been lost there. Again, that scene is taken from Priest's run, Boseman has said in multiple interviews that it's his favorite moment from the comics.
Thats part of the reason I @ Ziggiy about the Angie Han lady asking for Black Panther aficionados
Looking for freelance pitches about #BlackPanther. Think in-depth or offbeat: primers, histories, deep dives, thinkpieces, etc. Email ahan@mashable.com (cc @WritersofColor). 11:40 AM - 2 Jan 2018. 169 Retweets; 169 Likes; shegeeks_inBrooklyn Dungeon Manual OD Beast Mode Eve Fuego Flores Kabuki ... Angela ...

Now she deleted the tweet..but yea they were pushing Jay for that. Again supporting the breh. Not sure I can keep seeing him talk about stuff that he still keeps getting details incorrect and everybody taking it as fact. But then again thats all we got other than the black girl on Marvel Movie News.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's been enthusiastic for months I won't hold it against him:hubie:Didn't know about beef with John though. Come to tjink of it I've never seen them really interact in the schnoedowns when he was still there :ohhh:

I thought he did the Schmoedowns a couple of times....

I don't think they actually have any beef, I just think they had creative differences and Campea decided to move on.

My only issue with Campea is that he was a big industry apologies whenever it came to issues of racism or sexism in the film industry but over time he stopped doing that shyt as much. I guess some people pulled him to the side and checked him or something.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just hearing them trying to mumble their way through explaining the scene with the panther spirits bc all they know about the mytho are some scans they saw of Shuri talking to "mother" :mjlol:. Makes me wonder if they even know who Bast is.

But it's not just them, i was disappointed to hear Martin from double toasted give his critique of the 2nd trailer a month back, (being dubbed as the comic whiz on the show) only to then inquire why MBJ has a NY accent and how odd it is that the movie implies that Killmonger wants to become king and black panther when that was never the case in the comics.

I was like... breh :gucci:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, between the two podcasts (the Jay Washington one and the Schnepp one), there's a clear difference between someone who knows what their talking about or at least doesn't try to bullshyt it (Schnepp and 'em) and a group of 'bros' who pretty much speed read through wikipedia and are trying to front like they have a mountain of knowledge and know-it-all.

It was the same issue i had when listening to screen junkies when JW and that one black girl were more or less dubbed the experts of BP, but they clearly had no idea what they were talking about.

Not to even act like Schnepp is this or that, since i'm not familiar with his podcast or other talking points, but it was refreshing to hear a take from someone who had some familiarity with the character.
Low key I think the Coli brehs here who really know their stuff missed their opportunity to podcast/youtube video breakdown everything since Civil War. Just like Collider did their "Jedi Council" Just do a once a week breakdown of Black Panther and shyt Collider/Screen Junkies/etc would have been flying brehs out to cover the shyt on their channel. :ehh:

Almost 2 years of ground work I think they would taken notice.

Would have been nice seeing the brehs here do that and watch them get on.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but hey :yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Low key I think the Coli brehs here who really know their stuff missed their opportunity to podcast/youtube video breakdown everything since Civil War. Just like Collider did their "Jedi Council" Just do a once a week breakdown of Black Panther and shyt Collider/Screen Junkies/etc would have been flying brehs out to cover the shyt on their channel. :ehh:

Would have been nice seeing the brehs here do that and watch them get on.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but hey :yeshrug:

I completely agree, and it crossed my mind before. There was a distinct vacuum of BP knowledge that all these YT personalities were clueless on how to fill, and yet people here and on CBR talk about BP daily like other brehs do the NBA or NFL. That easily could've been a podcast.

We should've made reactionary podcasts and episodic editions about favorite moments, powers and abilities, love interests, etc.