Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I saw Civil War and I think it’s incredible. It’s one of the best Marvel movies ever, and I can’t believe what a wonderful job the Russo brothers did. And the cast. Oh my God, they’re so good. So it’s an amazing film and people are going to be really excited to see that come summertime.

And he had nothing but nice things to say about Holland’s Spider-Man.

I’m trying to think about what is cool to say or not. But I will say this one thing. Tom Holland is […] off-the-charts awesome. Off. The. Charts. Awesome. Off the charts. Truly. Hand to my heart, he’s amazing.

Captain America: Civil War: James Gunn Praises Marvel Pic

So Boseman doesn't get a name drop :martin:

:lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Coogler is fine as the director. Marvel/Disney/Fiege already have the basic layout, outline and setup for where Black Panther will be going, relative to the rest of the MCU. What someone like Coogler as director does is assure that there aren't any cac-tactics that has BP looking weak like JJ Abrams did with Boyega and Finn.

i.e. none of those 'E for effort' moments/half-way flexing bullshyt where a breh gets punked out and has to be saved by white folk or takes a straight up L in every major confrontation but with sprinkled in 'moral victories' to try and compensate for it. And i'm talking more so about Doom War (for my comic brehs) than I am Star Wars at this point. But, shyt, on that note, no drinkin water from the same water bucket as a literal snot nosed pig, or any of that other low key but not low key dehumanizing shyt. Fuuuuck that. This is Young B'enzel.

If Coogler doesn't get every single aspect or every single easter egg right about BP... i don't care. Hudlin straight made up shyt when it came to BP, like giving him a sister out the blue, and making Storm angry at T'Challa (prior to kiss/make up and marriage) with the reason being that T'Challa was too busy fukkin his harem of thots to be thinkin about commitment. And I didn't have a problem with Hudlin doin any of this (for the most part). Just throw Coogler and Boseman both Hudlin and Priest's run and tell them brehs to cook it and cut it.

You are my Hero

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Coogler is fine as the director.
He's making in roads alright but this is a bad career move creative wise. He's too early in his career to be a director for hire cutting and pasting for a machine given the critical acclaim he's got with his first 2 flicks I hope he negotiated something decent for himself

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
He's making in roads alright but this is a bad career move creative wise. He's too early in his career to be a director for hire cutting and pasting for a machine given the critical acclaim he's got with his first 2 flicks I hope he negotiated something decent for himself
like you said, it just depends on the deal he negotiated. It's sort of like with Boseman, they (Marvel) felt they needed a celebrated big screen black actor to be the face of this movie to make it work... and the history long hollywood machine of fukkin over black talent may have played to Boseman's benefit since Marvel/Fiege reportedly came at him hard and didn't want no one else. Hollywood hadn't done themselves any favors in providing a lot of options. Plus, Chad had the juice at the time.

So I wouldn't necessarily say Coogler (or Boseman) had the negotiation advantage per se... but i do feel in this social media era, Marvel fully understands the sensitivity of this project and of not ruffling any feathers here to workout a reasonable deal, especially after Ava turned it down and the Compton guy went another route, and whatever happened the first time they talked with Coogler. But yea, hopefully he and Boseman are cool with their deal.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm :dead: at people talking about nobody will go see this based on who plays BP's dad. As long as it ties into "Infinity War" they aren't gonna give a fukk.

Fred.

It's brilliant marketing strategy by Marvel. The final movie that leads into Infinity War... the movie that is crucial to Infinity War... all the gems must be accounted for...

That's half the battle right there as far as major box office viewership. :russ: Other half is simply making a bad ass, visually stunning movie.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
like you said, it just depends on the deal he negotiated. It's sort of like with Boseman, they (Marvel) felt they needed a celebrated big screen black actor to be the face of this movie to make it work... and the history long hollywood machine of fukkin over black talent may have played to Boseman's benefit since Marvel/Fiege reportedly came at him hard and didn't want no one else. Hollywood hadn't done themselves any favors in providing a lot of options. Plus, Chad had the juice at the time.

So I wouldn't necessarily say Coogler (or Boseman) had the negotiation advantage per se... but i do feel in this social media era, Marvel fully understands the sensitivity of this project and of not ruffling any feathers here to workout a reasonable deal, especially after Ava turned it down and the Compton guy went another route, and whatever happened the first time they talked with Coogler. But yea, hopefully he and Boseman are cool with their deal.

I think the reported "first" time Marvel went at Coogler was more rumor than anything. There are ALOT of names dropped at one point including a short list that included the guy who directed Dope.

As far as for what's been confirmed of they offered the job too it's only been Ava, F. Gary, and now Coogler. And I think Coogler is damn near perfect and REALLY does have some bargaining power after how well Creed performed.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Media outlets running with the whole Coogler confirmed directing but they're all using the Empire interview as a source which didn't confirm anything

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That's exactly why Hudlin should be doing the first film along with creating and establishing the base/blueprint that's to be followed for possible future installments where he possibly doesn't direct. You will also get a smooth directional and production process under him.

You just can't trust these Hollywood types with these characters. Zero indication that Coogler knows or understands anything about the character or world. As I also mentioned in the other thread it's Marvel approaching him, not the other way around. He's also already said no once before, if those aren't red flags I don't know what is.

Coogler or someone else doing the second or third with Hudlin on the script fine, but movie 1 :whoa:

You make some good points..:patrice:

Maybe bring Hudlin on as a consultant :yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Coogler is fine as the director. Marvel/Disney/Fiege already have the basic layout, outline and setup for where Black Panther will be going, relative to the rest of the MCU. What someone like Coogler as director does is assure that there aren't any cac-tactics that has BP looking weak like JJ Abrams did with Boyega and Finn.

i.e. none of those 'E for effort' moments/half-way flexing bullshyt where a breh gets punked out and has to be saved by white folk or takes a straight up L in every major confrontation but with sprinkled in 'moral victories' to try and compensate for it. And i'm talking more so about Doom War (for my comic brehs) than I am Star Wars at this point. But, shyt, on that note, no drinkin water from the same water bucket as a literal snot nosed pig, or any of that other low key but not low key dehumanizing shyt. Fuuuuck that. This is Young B'enzel.

If Coogler doesn't get every single aspect or every single easter egg right about BP... i don't care. Hudlin straight made up shyt when it came to BP, like giving him a sister out the blue, and making Storm angry at T'Challa (prior to kiss/make up and marriage) with the reason being that T'Challa was too busy fukkin his harem of thots to be thinkin about commitment. And I didn't have a problem with Hudlin doin any of this (for the most part). Just throw Coogler and Boseman both Hudlin and Priest's run and tell them brehs to cook it and cut it.
:wow:

Low key. I wouldn't mind Boyega being in this film. Especially with Coogler giving direction. He'd probably be a great villain :ehh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

those star wars stans was loving that :dead: bu bu but he delivered the plans :why: (even though he got his ass whooped in every semi-important physical confrontation)

T'Challa will actually be someone for the youth to up to :mjcry: when they see that black excellence shining on screen so many doors will be opened :banderas:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
#dope

lM7SBke.jpg

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Media outlets running with the whole Coogler confirmed directing but they're all using the Empire interview as a source which didn't confirm anything
Funny how such an important piece of detail is being ignored

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's brilliant marketing strategy by Marvel. The final movie that leads into Infinity War... the movie that is crucial to Infinity War... all the gems must be accounted for...

That's half the battle right there as far as major box office viewership. :russ: Other half is simply making a bad ass, visually stunning movie.

What's funny is in the original thread about BP way before the movie was announced, when everyone was :martin: "why ain't there a BP movie?", a lot of people were saying nobody would go see it. And I said Marvel should do exactly this, make it key to "Infinity War".

Which just reinforces my theory that The Coli is directly responsible for this movie.:jbhmm:

Fred.