loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
British African

And u have no point. If they can play Black Americans the reverse can happen. And Wakanda is a fictional Kingdom in Africa so once again u have.......no point
Uk black who have British accents. So you want AA to play black British actors

Not to many can pull it of sure not no African accents

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Coogler directing what a time :blessed:

W447

da fukk breh, why vulture gettin me hype like that :dahell:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
For a first movie, you shouldn't be confident in anyone but Reginald Hudlin to handle the character and film.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
For a first movie, you shouldn't be confident in anyone but Reginald Hudlin to handle the character and film.

I would go with Ryan coogler directing.

However, Hudlin has mad experience with directing and with BP, as he wrote the character. Feige mentioned him and one of the Russo bros met him with one of his BP books. Hudlin might low key be involved, who knows.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I would go with Ryan coogler directing.

However, Hudlin has mad experience with directing and with BP, as he wrote the character. Feige mentioned him and one of the Russo bros met him with one of his BP books. Hudlin might low key be involved, who knows.

That's exactly why Hudlin should be doing the first film along with creating and establishing the base/blueprint that's to be followed for possible future installments where he possibly doesn't direct. You will also get a smooth directional and production process under him.

You just can't trust these Hollywood types with these characters. Zero indication that Coogler knows or understands anything about the character or world. As I also mentioned in the other thread it's Marvel approaching him, not the other way around. He's also already said no once before, if those aren't red flags I don't know what is.

Coogler or someone else doing the second or third with Hudlin on the script fine, but movie 1 :whoa:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That's exactly why Hudlin should be doing the first film along with creating and establishing the base/blueprint that's to be followed for possible future installments where he possibly doesn't direct. You will also get a smooth directional and production process under him.

You just can't trust these Hollywood types with these characters. Zero indication that Coogler knows or understands anything about the character or world. As I also mentioned in the other thread it's Marvel approaching him, not the other way around. He's also already said no once before, if those aren't red flags I don't know what is.

Coogler or someone else doing the second or third with Hudlin on the script fine, but movie 1 :whoa:

Gotta respectfully agree to disagree one this one. I trust coogler's directing. However, add the knowledge of the writers (priest, Hudlin. Mcgregor, etc) with Coogler's directing skills and we good.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Coogler is fine as the director. Marvel/Disney/Fiege already have the basic layout, outline and setup for where Black Panther will be going, relative to the rest of the MCU. What someone like Coogler as director does is assure that there aren't any cac-tactics that has BP looking weak like JJ Abrams did with Boyega and Finn.

i.e. none of those 'E for effort' moments/half-way flexing bullshyt where a breh gets punked out and has to be saved by white folk or takes a straight up L in every major confrontation but with sprinkled in 'moral victories' to try and compensate for it. And i'm talking more so about Doom War (for my comic brehs) than I am Star Wars at this point. But, shyt, on that note, no drinkin water from the same water bucket as a literal snot nosed pig, or any of that other low key but not low key dehumanizing shyt. Fuuuuck that. This is Young B'enzel.

If Coogler doesn't get every single aspect or every single easter egg right about BP... i don't care. Hudlin straight made up shyt when it came to BP, like giving him a sister out the blue, and making Storm angry at T'Challa (prior to kiss/make up and marriage) with the reason being that T'Challa was too busy fukkin his harem of thots to be thinkin about commitment. And I didn't have a problem with Hudlin doin any of this (for the most part). Just throw Coogler and Boseman both Hudlin and Priest's run and tell them brehs to cook it and cut it.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

If Coogler doesn't get every single aspect or every single easter egg right about BP... i don't care. Hudlin straight made up shyt when it came to BP, like giving him a sister out the blue, and making Storm angry at T'Challa (prior to kiss/make up and marriage) with the reason being that T'Challa was too busy fukkin his harem of thots to be thinkin about commitment. And I didn't have a problem with Hudlin doin any of this (for the most part). Just throw Coogler and Boseman both Hudlin and Priest's run and tell them brehs to cook it and cut it.

Cosign with the bold.