Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
nikkas in their feelings because it shows T'challa being in a tough spot. Doomwar added to t'challa legacy and all of this other fukery thats going on now T'challa always come out on top. If you don't like seeing what your favorite hero is truly made of then just stick to the Movies.
:mjlol::mjlol:

Nyggas (YOU) in your feelings b/c you a Doom fanboy

That's cool bro, do you :hubie:
I already saw what my favorite hero is truly made of in Priest's run :whew: and other runs that shyt on Doom War :lolbron:

Even Coates said Doom War was bad and was hoping his run could avoid that pitfall lol. But, yea back to the MCU

jackson35

Banned
Daps
I didn't consider Doomwar a great story at all.

1. Bast "allowing" Doom to walk away b/c of some "pure of intentions" bullshyt (basically jobbed out the Panther god).
2. T'Challa willing to "sacrifice" his wife just to prevent Doom from getting the vibranium only for some stupid twist that allowed Doom to get the viranium (to undercut the romanticism of black love)
3. T'Challa and Shuri brutally killing all those traitor Wakandans while Nightcrawler of all people looks on in horror (which was an intentional attempt to depict T'Challa and Shuri as animalistic in their blood lost while Nightcrawler, an actual animal in appearance, is made to be more humane than them).
4. Doom killing T'Challa's uncle and having a gun put to T'Challa's moms head
5. T'Challa all but 'respectfully begging' Cyclops for help to win back his kingdom

There were a lot of troublesome imagery that I had in that story long before the conclusion, to the point where for me it was no longer about making it a good story but a salvageable one, which could only happen if Doom was killed with the same savagery that they showed those Wakandan defectors. And even if Doom had died, it wasn't worth the story.

I would only want a Doom War story in the MCU if Coogler is directing, Robert Cole is writing, and Fiege understands that such a movie will end with T'Challa breaking his foot in Doom's ass, without caveat or compromise to the BP mytho.. i.e. with the same level of respect afforded to T'Challa that a Captain America or Thor would get in such a position.
you have to expect these kind of stories, a lot of writers have a very hard time writing characters that are black with certain characteristics that all of us would in our fav black heroes. why because most writers are hell bent in keeping black heros in a box

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I already saw what my favorite hero is truly made of in Priest's run :whew: and other runs that shyt on Doom War :lolbron:

Even Coates said Doom War was bad and was hoping his run could avoid that pitfall lol. But, yea back to the MCU

You KNOW a Black Panther Story is shytty when even Coates, who takes pride in dumping on T’Challa is like :whoa:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

:russ: I'm a doom fanboy because I acknowledge that marvel wasn't gonna let a golden era villain get killed?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
you have to expect these kind of stories, a lot of writers have a very hard time writing characters that are black with certain characteristics that all of us would in our fav black heroes. why because most writers are hell bent in keeping black heros in a box
Very true and very unfortunate.

Black Panther was lucky that he had 3 black writers in a short period of time (Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie) who helped bring him out of obscurity.

Conversely, a character like John Stewart or Mr.Terrific wasn't so lucky. John Stewart got saved because McDuffie partnered with Bruce Timm to develop the JLU cartoon... which unsurprisingly is the best John Stewart has ever been treated, at least in the last 2-3 decades.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
You KNOW a Black Panther Story is shytty when even Coates, who takes pride in dumping on T’Challa is like :whoa:

:whoa: how is he dumping on T'challa?

Like breh, the political views of wakanda are amazing and understandable, The spirituality of African religions and folklore and how it ties to the nation is dope. Coates giving T'challa much character developments in efforts to make he him some what relate-able. Example, when tchalla said he didn't want to be king, how being a scientist and a super hero meant more to him. Or how he was trying to deal with tons of shyt without bring a tyrant. Questioning, who he truly was, dealing with being disowned by previous black panthers.

Like Coates shuck shyt all the way up but T'challa is still standing, he got shuri back. The kingdom is chilling now while he's wrapping up loose ends. Claw and the slow pace is the only down side to this.

Other wise then that Coates is doing a decent job.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Very true and very unfortunate.

Black Panther was lucky that he had 3 black writers in a short period of time (Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie) who helped bring him out of obscurity.

Conversely, a character like John Stewart or Mr.Terrific wasn't so lucky. John Stewart got saved because McDuffie partnered with Bruce Timm to develop the JLU cartoon... which unsurprisingly is the best John Stewart has ever been treated, at least in the last 2-3 decades.
the biggest problem with perception of tchalla is the writer have a problem with putting him in a royal sovereign light. in the comics, they make him a member of the avengers which makes no sense because that would mean he would have to take orders from stark and rodgers, negating the fact that he's a king, not a hero, why would he take direction from people who are beneath him in status?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
the biggest problem with perception of tchalla is the writer have a problem with putting him in a royal sovereign light. in the comics, they make him a member of the avengers which makes no sense because that would mean he would have to take orders from stark and rodgers, negating the fact that he's a king, not a hero, why would he take direction from people who are beneath him in status?
Yup, the Russos did a very subtle thing in Civil War when they had Steve address him as "your highness" in the airport scene. And even in the Infinity War Trailer where you have T'Challa still giving out orders, then seeing Bucky and Steve falling in line as soldiers in T'Challa's army.

The regality of him, being the richest man in the world and one of the most powerful political figures, is rarely ever felt in comics. Sporadically at best, although I've seen Al Ewing and Greg Pak lead the way in doing better at establishing that in the greater MU as of late. Same with the writer of Captain Marvel's solo, whose name escapes me at the moment.

The big benefit of the MCU is how it'll affect and influence the perception of the character in general and in other forms of media, which hopefully will bleed over to the comics when it comes to big events. We already saw that to an extent in Hickman's Secret Wars, though that was more so due to him liking all the F4 Kirby characters I feel.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, the Russos did a very subtle thing in Civil War when they had Steve address him as "your highness" in the airport scene. And even in the Infinity War Trailer where you have T'Challa still giving out orders, then seeing Bucky and Steve falling in line as soldiers in T'Challa's army.

The regality of him, being the richest man in the world and one of the most powerful political figures, is rarely ever felt in comics. Sporadically at best, although I've seen Al Ewing and Greg Pak lead the way in doing better at establishing that in the greater MU as of late. Same with the writer of Captain Marvel's solo, whose name escapes me at the moment.

The big benefit of the MCU is how it'll affect and influence the perception of the character in general and in other forms of media, which hopefully will bleed over to the comics when it comes to big events. We already saw that to an extent in Hickman's Secret Wars, though that was more so due to him liking all the F4 Kirby characters I feel.
Rhodes also said it after the chase.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
No they were supposed to allow T’Challa the opportunity to kick Doom’s ass with the same furor with which he executed the Wakandan Traiters. NOT thank him on some “Noble Negro” Bullshyt while rendering Wakanda’s Vibranium inert.

Doom War is the absolute worst BP Story in existence. It’s worse than ANYTHING Coates has so far unleashed on the mythos. Doom War is every true BP fan’s worst nightmare. A fukking white man who T’Challa has the capacity to out smart and out fight coming right into the heart of his kingdom and absolutely wrecking shop, making Bast his bytch, and pretty much getting away scott free.

F U C K DOOM WAR and anyone who loves it

LOL... These people dont even realize that Doom War itself ushered in the era of T'Challa and his mythos being emasculated. Before DW BP was respected by every writer including the white ones.

jackson35

Banned
Daps

then in the comics it got worse, the he got ask to sub for reed and susan in the ff book for a while.like he suppose to be a regular black man in a cat suit. last but not we got to talk about king tchalla in hell kitchen subbing for daredevil. real embarrassing moments in his timeline. hell even in coming to america james earl jones was furious when he found out his son akeem the prince works at a fast food joint, he was furious.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
then in the comics it got worse, the he got ask to sub for reed and susan in the ff book for a while.like he suppose to be a regular black man in a cat suit. last but not we got to talk about king tchalla in hell kitchen subbing for daredevil. real embarrassing moments in his timeline. hell even in coming to america james earl jones was furious when he found out his son akeem the prince works at a fast food joint, he was furious.

The FF thing was a little more understandable because in the MU Reed and T’Challa are best friends and Reed asking BP to lead the FF was more of a personal request from a friend than trying to knock BP down a peg.

The Hell’s Kitchen era was crazy but it WAS well written, despite the utter ridiculousness of the premise.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
The FF thing was a little more understandable because in the MU Reed and T’Challa are best friends and Reed asking BP to lead the FF was more of a personal request from a friend than trying to knock BP down a peg.

The Hell’s Kitchen era was crazy but it WAS well written, despite the utter ridiculousness of the premise.
a request that should have rejected and should have been cursed out. the whole purpose of those story was to reduce him to some dude in a cat suit. i mean dude he has a nation to run he dosen't have time to run reed Richard's tired ass group