Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont want Doom War anywhere NEAR MCU Panther. Thats around the time when the writers started to emasculate T'Challa in the comics.

If they did Doomwar in the MCU they woudn't be stupid enough to make it into some Doom Fans fanfic. Doom would take a clear L and no way in hell Moore or Boseman would allow that foolishness with Bast.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? :lupe: I'm rather new to BP. I've only read the first two volumes of Priest books.

Doomwar is a prime example of an otherwise good/great story being completely ruined by one "Twist" and the ending. T'Challa and Wakanda take a bunch of L's and Doom gets away with a slap on the wrist.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Doomwar is a prime example of an otherwise good/great story being completely ruined by one "Twist" and the ending. T'Challa and Wakanda take a bunch of L's and Doom gets away with a slap on the wrist.

I didn't consider Doomwar a great story at all.

1. Bast "allowing" Doom to walk away b/c of some "pure of intentions" bullshyt (basically jobbed out the Panther god).
2. T'Challa willing to "sacrifice" his wife just to prevent Doom from getting the vibranium only for some stupid twist that allowed Doom to get the viranium (to undercut the romanticism of black love)
3. T'Challa and Shuri brutally killing all those traitor Wakandans while Nightcrawler of all people looks on in horror (which was an intentional attempt to depict T'Challa and Shuri as animalistic in their blood lost while Nightcrawler, an actual animal in appearance, is made to be more humane than them).
4. Doom killing T'Challa's uncle and having a gun put to T'Challa's moms head
5. T'Challa all but 'respectfully begging' Cyclops for help to win back his kingdom

There were a lot of troublesome imagery that I had in that story long before the conclusion, to the point where for me it was no longer about making it a good story but a salvageable one, which could only happen if Doom was killed with the same savagery that they showed those Wakandan defectors. And even if Doom had died, it wasn't worth the story.

I would only want a Doom War story in the MCU if Coogler is directing, Robert Cole is writing, and Fiege understands that such a movie will end with T'Challa breaking his foot in Doom's ass, without caveat or compromise to the BP mytho.. i.e. with the same level of respect afforded to T'Challa that a Captain America or Thor would get in such a position.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I didn't consider Doomwar a great story at all.

1. Bast "allowing" Doom to walk away b/c of some "pure of intentions" bullshyt (basically jobbed out the Panther god).
2. T'Challa willing to "sacrifice" his wife just to prevent Doom from getting the vibranium only for some stupid twist that allowed Doom to get the viranium (to undercut the romanticism of black love)
3. T'Challa and Shuri murdering all those traitor Wakandans while Nightcrawler of all people looks on in horror (which was an intentional attempt to depict T'Challa and Shuri as animalistic in their blood lost while Nightcrawler, an actual animal in appearance, is made to be more humane than them).
4. Doom killing T'Challa's uncle and having a gun put to T'Challa's moms head
5. T'Challa all but 'respectfully begging' Cyclops for help to win back his kingdom

There were a lot of troublesome imagery that I had in that story long before the conclusion, to the point where for me it was no longer about making it a good story but a salvageable one, which could only happen if Doom was killed with the same savagery that they showed those Wakandan defectors. And even if Doom had died, it wasn't worth the story.

I would only want a Doom War story in the MCU if Coogler is directing, Robert Cole is writing, and Fiege understands that such a movie will end with T'Challa breaking his foot in Doom's ass, without caveat or compromise to the BP mytho.. i.e. with the same level of respect afforded to T'Challa that a Captain America or Thor would get in such a position.

you read into this too much. So what was they supposed to do let nikkas walk for treason?

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
The writer was supposed to write a better damn story :stopitslime:

Not reading into shyt too much when i'm criticizing the writer for piling all the Ls and compromising situations, not the fictional characters.

My only issue is with Wakanda losing it's Vibranium and him being out smarted by door. Besides it was a good read. Wakanda is a warrior nation with a warrior king or queen. Snapping necks is nothing compared to has been done over the decades. It wasn't animalistic it was them paying back what they took in blood :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
you read into this too much. So what was they supposed to do let nikkas walk for treason?

No they were supposed to allow T’Challa the opportunity to kick Doom’s ass with the same furor with which he executed the Wakandan Traiters. NOT thank him on some “Noble Negro” Bullshyt while rendering Wakanda’s Vibranium inert.

Doom War is the absolute worst BP Story in existence. It’s worse than ANYTHING Coates has so far unleashed on the mythos. Doom War is every true BP fan’s worst nightmare. A fukking white man who T’Challa has the capacity to out smart and out fight coming right into the heart of his kingdom and absolutely wrecking shop, making Bast his bytch, and pretty much getting away scott free.

F U C K DOOM WAR and anyone who loves it

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
My only issue is with Wakanda losing it's Vibranium and him being out smarted by door. Besides it was a good read. Wakanda is a warrior nation with a warrior king or queen. Snapping necks is nothing compared to has been done over the decades. It wasn't animalistic it was them paying back what they took in blood :manny:
I don't consider him getting out smarted by Doom nor the other stuff i detailed to be a good read :manny:

Nor the writer's intention to make Kurt and the x-men look on in horror at T'Challa and Shuri killing other Wakadans ("brutal warrior nation" blah blah) only for T'Challa/Shuri to then give Doom a slap on the wrist at the end, but do you :hubie:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
No they were supposed to allow T’Challa the opportunity to kick Doom’s ass with the same furor with which he executed the Wakandan Traiters. NOT thank him on some “Noble Negro” Bullshyt while rendering Wakanda’s Vibranium inert.

Doom War is the absolute worst BP Story in existence. It’s worse than ANYTHING Coates has so far unleashed on the mythos. Doom War is every true BP fan’s worst nightmare. A fukking white man who T’Challa has the capacity to out smart and out fight coming right into the heart of his kingdom and absolutely wrecking shop, making Bast his bytch, and pretty much getting away scott free.

Doom War was a disgusting story, to be frank.

We already know a "Doom War" story brought to the MCU would be completely reworked. Fiege isn't dumb enough to do otherwise, and Coogler, Robert Cole and Chadwick are too proud and black to take anything from that story other than the basic premise of Doom vs T'Challa, and craft their own original story from there.

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps

It's one of my favorites and I have to disagree with all of this. He didn't out smart T'challa. T'challa knew everything, doom just exploited his weakness which was his kingdom and the royal family. I mean T'challa could have won, but it would have got storm and everyone killed/ Yea the vibranium is useless, but Wakanda is still on still on top of the world. But afterwards Doom is life broke and harmless. Bast always been a piece of shyt Goddes,, but at the same time, Doom intent was pure and sad to say he earned. Everyone take Ls in comics, It was time for T'challa to be pushed to his breaking point and my man bounced back, Took over hell's kitchen, beat the breaks of everyone and got his throne as king of the dead.

Not to mention I don't seen why everyone hates the Coates run, I will admit it's slow as fukk. But i mean I enjoy seeing a t'challa being just a human being instead of this stone hearted super king. It was a lot of jewels dropped in this coates run. Not as good as Priest but it was dope.

Priest is coming back that so :blessed:

:ufdup: y'all nikkas get out of y'all feelings. Wakanda fell and bounced back. T'challa the goat :blessed:

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
I don't consider him getting out smarted by Doom nor the other stuff i detailed to be a good read :manny:

Nor the writer's intention to make Kurt and the x-men look on in horror at T'Challa and Shuri killing other Wakadans ("brutal warrior nation" blah blah) only for T'Challa/Shuri to then give Doom a slap on the wrist at the end, but do you :hubie:
Well doom was on another's country soil and killing him would mean war with his country. Plus plot armor, I mean he's fukking Dr,Doom.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Well doom was on another's country soil and killing him would mean war with his country. Plus plot armor, I mean he's fukking Dr,Doom.
And Coogler, Robert Cole and Chadwick treat T'Challa like he's "muthafukking T'Challa" :whew:

Doom already declared' war' on Wakanda and "something something bloodthirsty warrior nation something something"... lol. yea... which again, is why i'm knocking the writer for having Doom's cock up his ass, instead of telling a story for Black Panther fans.

Which is why i'm also glad the MCU is finally giving Black Panther his respect and "plot armor", instead of always giving it to the white folks like comics typically do.

"he's fukking Dr. Doom"

"he's fukking Batman"

"he's fukkin ____"

Yea yea, :camby: black folks don't give a shyt about them white folks when it comes to having our own representation.

I'm sure Doom fans loved Doom War though :mjpls:

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
And Coogler, Robert Cole and Chadwick treat T'Challa like he's "muthafukking T'Challa" :whew:

Doom already declared' war' on Wakanda and "something something bloodthirsty warrior nation something something"... lol. yea... which again, is why i'm knocking the writer for having Doom's cock up his ass, instead of telling a story for Black Panther fans.

Which is why i'm also glad the MCU is finally giving Black Panther his respect and "plot armor", instead of always giving it to the white folks like comics typically do.

"he's fukking Dr. Doom"

"he's fukking Batman"

"he's fukkin ____"

Yea yea, :camby: black folks don't give a shyt about them white folks when it comes to having our own representation.

I'm sure Doom fans loved Doom War though :mjpls:

nikkas in their feelings because it shows T'challa being in a tough spot. Doomwar added to t'challa legacy and all of this other fukery thats going on now T'challa always come out on top. If you don't like seeing what your favorite hero is truly made of then just stick to the Movies.