Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I'll be honest I saw all the blade movies and the live action show. Never read any of him comics though. I always thought that was more of a Wesley snipes thing than a marvel thing.

Hell when i was a kid I didnt even KNOW Blade was apart of Marvel until the Spiderman show(and I was a big Marvel stan when I was a kid btw):heh:

A significant amount of Blade fans are not even comic fans but just horror fans that should tell you something.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Me and @nieman already addressed this multiple times.
how? when blade was pitch for a movie new line jumped on it. when panther was pitched, it was kicked around for years until blade blew up. you don't want to admit that the blade franchise was instrumental in rolling the dice on panther. let face it coates run on panther is emabarrising.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
how? when blade was pitch for a movie new line jumped on it. when panther was pitched, it was kicked around for years until blade blew up. you don't want to admit that the blade franchise was instrumental in rolling the dice on panther. let face it coates run on panther is emabarrising.

naw. if that was the case we would have had a panther movie before both guardians

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Like I said if this film does well it well help propel Black Panther into A-list territory especially when it comes to being Marvel's top black male character. Black Panther right now is already a solid B-lister closing in on being an A-lister.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
naw. if that was the case we would have had a panther movie before both guardians
no here how i think marvel and disney going to play it out.first they going to draw us in with this movie with all it's glory, then when it's time to do panther two or three, they are going to introduce elements into Wanda that going to be controversial, like cutting his screen time and giving more energy to shuri and the dora milajie with the lesbo trip.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Like I said if this film does well it well help propel Black Panther into A-list territory especially when it comes to being Marvel's top black male character. Black Panther right now is already a solid B-lister closing in on being an A-lister.

Exactly.

He WILL be the premiere black superhero of the Marvel Universe over Storm. And if Evans new Rise Of The Black Panther comic is even marginally better than Coates drivel he’ll once again be the premiere black superhero in Comics over Miles Morales

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Exactly.

He WILL be the premiere black superhero of the Marvel Universe over Storm. And if Evans new Rise Of The Black Panther comic is even marginally better than Coates drivel he’ll once again be the premiere black superhero in Comics over Miles Morales
WAIT! Coates is leaving Black Panther!??:whoo::blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
WAIT! Coates is leaving Black Panther!??:whoo::blessed:

No no Evan Narcisse, a former journalist and friend of Coates is writing a prequel series called Rise Of The Black Panther. The reason why I’m excited is because, unlike Coates, Evan is a self proclaimed huge fan of Black Panther.

Here is the official announcement

Did you hear that bell ringing? It means another comic book journalist has beaten the profession’s final boss level and successfully become a comic book writer. io9’s Evan Narcisse will be writing a new Black Panther prequel comic called Rise of the Black Panther for Marvel in January, as revealed by an EXCLUSIVE interview with… wait for it… io9!

“This is essentially the story of T’Challa’s first year as king, where he makes the decision to end centuries of secrecy and let the world know about Wakanda,” Narcisse revealed in the interview. “It’s a choice that angers many in Wakanda and attracts the attention of the global community on Earth-616.”

While Narcisse is controlling the story in the book, he’s working closely with Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates to make sure the series “reflects who T’Challa is in the present day.” Narcisse also teased that the book could feature giant panther mechs. No word on an artist yet, but the cover up above is drawn by Brian Stelfreeze.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Narcisse: Man, I can’t overstate how excited I am to writing this particular storyline. The Black Panther has always been my favorite superhero character. The first issue focuses on a character that I’ve wondered about for ages as a fan and now I get to be the one to breathe life into that persona.

What else do you want people to know about Rise?

One of the questions that faces black comics fans, critics, creators—or those from other marginalized groups—is this quandary of what to do with what we’ve inherited. The characters with messy, contradictory, well-meaning executions and fondly remembered embarrassments. How do you pull that into the future so that it’s something that’s enjoyable, something that can survive and thrive? It’s a question I dealt with in my career and T’Challa faces it, too, in a different way.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
If/when MCU gets Fantastic Four do you think they'll (loosely) adapt Doomwar as a Black Panther sequel? :lupe:

:ohhh: oh shyt that would be amazing.

King of the dead panther, Shuri as Queen, Doom and T'challa magical fisticuffs :ahh::ahh::damn::damn::dead::dead::dead:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he’s working closely with Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates to make sure the series “reflects who T’Challa is in the present day.”

Was interested till I saw this. Nope. The chances of this comic being a good BP comic are higher the further it's removed from Coates, but considering Narcisse is collabing directly with him, no doubt some of Coates influence will be over it.

It's gonna be a "wait and see" for me, dawg.

Anhur

All Star
Daps
Was interested till I saw this. Nope. The chances of this comic being a good BP comic are higher the further it's removed from Coates, but considering Narcisse is collabing directly with him, no doubt some of Coates influence will be over it.

It's gonna be a "wait and see" for me, dawg.
I was reading the new Black Panther comic until the 12th chapter. I got bored so I stopped. In your opinion, does the comic pick up or should I just drop it?:jbhmm: