Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
i'm not here to refute what you type because at face it doesn't make sense. why would new line gamble 45 million dollars on a c list character? maybe because he was not a c list hero. his appearances in comics boost sales. his own book did exceptionally well given the type of hero he was. i can tell you don't know blade's background too well
You're still not grasping what I am saying. Blade the movie again was DIFFERENT from the Blade in the comics. The Blade movies were only based on the comics in a similar way the first Punisher film(the one in the 80s) was with Punisher. The Blade films were more of a horror vampire film than a comic book film and if you think otherwise then you're lying to yourself. The Blade trilogy were made due to the vampire craze at the time. And if you think Blade was more than a C-lister in comics(especially before his films) then your ass is definitely lying. Everyone knows Blade in the movies was not the same as the Blade in the comics. And no his books did NOT due well(I even HAVE the books) which is why they got cancelled.

I don't know why you think you can compare Blade with Black Panther who the latter has more of an influence in the Marvel comic book universe unlike the former.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You CANT compare Blade to T'Challa. Unlike Blade, BP had MANY solid solo series and a stable fanbase IN COMICS even if he wasnt as well known compared to the bigger Marvel characters. Even so well before the BP movie(I would say around his marriage) BP was getting a bit of a push IN comics. And by the time of Hickman's run he was moving up places and was already a proven B-lister barely close to an A-lister.

This is NOT the case for Blade!! IN COMICS he was barely even a c-lister. Never really had a long and steady series(unless we count that trash one which was discontinued) and in COMICS never had a solid fanbase which is why his comics flopped. The problem with Blade is that vampires dont matter in Marvel much less the super hero community. Blade in comics has only been seen as the vampire janitor whenever there is a vampire problem.

Again you can NOT compare the two. BP has PROVEN himself in comics and this movie will only boost him to A-lister in COMICS.

blade wasnt set up the same as panther either. it was more successful than they thought it would be, then they tried to fukk it. panther becoming more popular can only help the franchise

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
blade wasnt set up the same as panther either. it was more successful than they thought it would be, then they tried to fukk it. panther becoming more popular can only help the franchise

Exactly which is why we cant compare the two. Blade was set up as a Vampire Horror flick and not a comic one.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
You're still not grasping what I am saying. Blade the movie again was DIFFERENT from the Blade in the comics. The Blade movies were only based on the comics in a similar way the first Punisher film(the one in the 80s) was with Punisher. The Blade films were more of a horror vampire film than a comic book film and if you think otherwise then you're lying to yourself. The Blade trilogy were made due to the vampire craze at the time. And if you think Blade was more than a C-lister in comics(especially before his films) then your ass is definitely lying. Everyone knows Blade in the movies was not the same as the Blade in the comics. And no his books did NOT due well(I even HAVE the books) which is why they got cancelled.

I don't know why you think you can compare Blade with Black Panther who the latter has more of an influence in the Marvel comic book universe unlike the former.
let address what you type A=there had to be certain modifications made in the blade movies, because new line was gambling a lot of money they could not afford to throw away. blade comics were cancelled, because marv wolf man had a impulsive need to change his costume, work on they way he talks and what type of anti hero he wanted him to be.if you really followed blade then you know he made a lot of appearances in other comics and a lot of mini series= meaning marvel was thinking a whole lot more of blade then they did panther. B= the script that wesley snipes had for panther was way better then the one ryan coogler submitted, but new line told snipes to forget panther and do blade. does that sound like c list treatment to you?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
let address what you type A=there had to be certain modifications made in the blade movies, because new line was gambling a lot of money they could not afford to throw away. blade comics were cancelled, because marv wolf man had a impulsive need to change his costume, work on they way he talks and what type of anti hero he wanted him to be.if you really followed blade then you know he made a lot of appearances in other comics and a lot of mini series= meaning marvel was thinking a whole lot more of blade then they did panther. B= the script that wesley snipes had for panther was way better then the one ryan coogler submitted, but new line told snipes to forget panther and do blade. does that sound like c list treatment to you?

Like I said you are not grasping what I am saying. How about you listen to what i am saying first. I am talking about in terms of COMICS. But anyways like I keep repeating Blade was not made into a comic book film(like you are thinking) but instead a horror vampire film. Not sure why you are not getting that part which is why Blade was chosen. if you seriously think Blade has more comic appearances than Panther then your just kidding yourself. Black Panther has appeared in more main comic series than Blade especially in the early 2000s when those Blade films were released. I keep telling you the Blade movie was made due to the Vampire craze at that time and nor did he follow the comic book Blade. Black Panther on the other hand IS.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Like I said you are not grasping what I am saying. How about you listen to what i am saying first. I am talking about in terms of COMICS. But anyways like I keep repeating Blade was not made into a comic book film(like you are thinking) but instead a horror vampire film. Not sure why you are not getting that part which is why Blade was chosen. if you seriously think Blade has more comic appearances than Panther then your just kidding yourself. Black Panther has appeared in more main comic series than Blade especially in the early 2000s when those Blade films were released. I keep telling you the Blade movie was made due to the Vampire craze at that time and nor did he follow the comic book Blade. Black Panther on the other hand IS.
marv wolfman is the best source. he said blade did well enough for marvel to place him in certain titles. his presence in certain book sells units. blade got to be on the big screen courtesy of his stint on spiderman animated series which impressed david goyer to turn into a film.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
marv wolfman is the best source. he said blade did well enough for marvel to place him in certain titles. his presence in certain book sells units. blade got to be on the big screen courtesy of his stint on spiderman animated series which impressed david goyer to turn into a film.
I know the Blade movie series did well but they still did not help boost him in Marvel comics. He has never had solid and long solo series. Blade may have appeared in that Spidey animated series but Panther has appeared in multiple ones. Blade is like Storm. They are more popular outside of comics but not inside comics(where they need to be to grow). Thats one of the best examples I can give. Meanwhile Panther has grown IN comics with a loyal fanbase and is now expanding outside of comics. Thats HOW comic characters are suppose to grow.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Let me correct you. At his height, he was barely F-Lister. LOL I have no idea what dude talking about. I guess he doesn't realize they practically plucked Blade from a hat...being that he was the only vampire related character, and dropped a movie during the modern-vamp craze.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Let me correct you. At his height, he was barely F-Lister. LOL I have no idea what dude talking about. I guess he doesn't realize they practically plucked Blade from a hat...being that he was the only vampire related character, and dropped a movie during the modern-vamp craze.

Damn breh... You being harsh.:picard:

But yeah he is NOT grasping that Blade was chosen because of the Vampire craze. Blade's movies were hardly based on Blade from the comics(ESPECIALLY part 2). Blade in the original comics never had a White partner or lived in Detroit. Nor did the vampires from part 2 exist in the comics. The series was just Blade in name. This is why Blade has had a hard time becoming big in the comics. Like I said vampires are NOT big in the Marvel U nor the super hero community in general.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Damn breh... You being harsh.:picard:

But yeah he is NOT grasping that Blade was chosen because of the Vampire craze. Blade's movies were hardly based on Blade from the comics(ESPECIALLY part 2). Blade in the original comics never had a White partner or lived in Detroit. Nor did the vampires from part 2 exist in the comics. The series was just Blade in name. This is why Blade has had a hard time becoming big in the comics. Like I said vampires are NOT big in the Marvel U nor the super hero community in general.

the vampire craze was over for years by the time blade came out. there was interview with a vampire, and what else? as for liberties taken, sure there were, but last i checked, tony stark didnt create ultron either, and blade often worked with hannibal king, that they somehow managed to fukk up in blade 3. and the reason blade is hard to push in marvel is that the supernatural stuff usually doesnt do well. its the same reason why brother voodoo does better on team books than he does solo, even when he had the sorceror supreme title

jackson35

Banned
Daps
I know the Blade movie series did well but they still did not help boost him in Marvel comics. He has never had solid and long solo series. Blade may have appeared in that Spidey animated series but Panther has appeared in multiple ones. Blade is like Storm. They are more popular outside of comics but not inside comics(where they need to be to grow). Thats one of the best examples I can give. Meanwhile Panther has grown IN comics with a loyal fanbase and is now expanding outside of comics. Thats HOW comic characters are suppose to grow.
right. if what your saying is the case, why would new line cinema put 70 million dollars for a c list black male vampire killer who is not popular and dont move books? why would marv wolfman sue marvel for 35million for the right to the comic book if it didn't make money anyway?????

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
the vampire craze was over for years by the time blade came out. there was interview with a vampire, and what else? as for liberties taken, sure there were, but last i checked, tony stark didnt create ultron either, and blade often worked with hannibal king, that they somehow managed to fukk up in blade 3. and the reason blade is hard to push in marvel is that the supernatural stuff usually doesnt do well. its the same reason why brother voodoo does better on team books than he does solo, even when he had the sorceror supreme title

Dr Strange and Ghost Rider dismiss the idea of supernaturals doing bad in Marvel. Its vampires. And Blade WAS around the Vampire craze. He was around when it was getting started, The vampire craze ended when Twilight Zone started to get :flabbynsick:

Brother Voodoo is just not that known and has always stayed in limbo.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
right. if what your saying is the case, why would new line cinema put 70 million dollars for a c list black male vampire killer who is not popular and dont move books? why would marv wolfman sue marvel for 35million for the right to the comic book if it didn't make money anyway?????

Me and @nieman already addressed this multiple times.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Dr Strange and Ghost Rider dismiss the idea of supernaturals doing bad in Marvel. Its vampires. And Blade WAS around the Vampire craze. He was around when it was getting started, The vampire craze ended when Twilight Zone started to get :flabbynsick:

Brother Voodoo is just not that known and has always stayed in limbo.

blade existed in that phase where the 90s stuff was out, and was done by the time twilight started. he wasnt rocking at the same time.

and ghost rider and strange are outliers, if even that. marvel has a huge supernatural cast that doesnt do well. hell even ghost rider tanks a bit and im pretty sure they wouldnt be pushing strange as hard right now if it wasnt for his movie doing well.

and brother voodoo has had a pretty good push being on a few avengers books that seem to do decently, but he cant hold a solo to save his life.