Conz

Superstar
Daps
Ernie Hudson is a jobber. Dude's resume isn't strong enough. They need someone with clout for this movie, bc - and im obviously white as fukk - Joe Schmoe Cracker isn't getting excited to see a movie starring Chadwick Boseman, Ernie Hudson and Andy Serkis. They wont get Denzel, but that would be a massive get for this movie.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
EKppNgG.png
2012-05-07_172834_Peter_Mensah.jpg

I personally think either Lance Reddikk or Peter Mensah would have made a perfect T'chaka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ernie Hudson is a jobber. Dude's resume isn't strong enough. They need someone with clout for this movie, bc - and im obviously white as fukk - Joe Schmoe Cracker isn't getting excited to see a movie starring Chadwick Boseman, Ernie Hudson and Andy Serkis. They wont get Denzel, but that would be a massive get for this movie.

Your opinion just lost half its credibility right there.

Going by your Cac logic Joe Schmoe "Cracker" wasn't going to get excited to see Robert Downey Jr, Jeff Bridges, Shaun Toub in the OG Iron Man movie. RBJ didn't have any Major Hollywood "Clout" he was coming off A Scanner Darkly, Fur, and The Shaggy Dog:comeon:

Joe Schmoe Cracker wasn't going to get excited about seeing Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, and Natalie Portman in Thor. Chris Hemsworth didn't have any "Clout" after a 4 minute Cameo in Star Trek:martin:

Joe Schmoe Cracker wasn't going to get excited about Guardians Of The Galaxy. A truly D-List cast of characters starring pre Juraasic World Chris Pratt, whose "clout" to that point came from being third lead in an NBC comedy:ufdup:

The FACT of the matter is that Marvel hasn't had one flop yet, using new, up and coming actors as stars with established character actors to anchor the ensemble. Ernie Hudson is NOBODY's "Jobber" he's been acting steadily in film and television for 40 years. Most can cite Ghostbusters, but he's also received critical acclaim for his work in OZ, The Basketball Diaries, and Stranger In The Kingdom. I am sure he would have no issue bringing The gravitas necessary to accurately portray T'Chaka.

This "need for a Denzel" rhetoric is absolutely retarded. Did Captain America "need" Tom Cruise? Did Ant-Man "need" Tom Hanks? When was Michael Douglas's last box office hit?

fukk outta here with that bullshyt:camby:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
1 - this movie is called "Black Panther" so that will already set a ton of my fellow paleskins off.
2 - no one gives half a fukk about Ernie Hudson
3 - if any Marvel movie needs a little star power it will be this one. no one said it was fair

Conz

Superstar
Daps
actually, I take that back - Captain Marvel will need more star power.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

1 - this movie is called "Black Panther" so that will already set a ton of my fellow paleskins off.
2 - no one gives half a fukk about Ernie Hudson
3 - if any Marvel movie needs a little star power it will be this one. no one said it was fair

:jbhmm: Aren't you the poster that felt uncomfortable with Black faces in the "Star Wars" movies?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Your opinion just lost half its credibility right there.

Going by your Cac logic Joe Schmoe "Cracker" wasn't going to get excited to see Robert Downey Jr, Jeff Bridges, Shaun Toub in the OG Iron Man movie. RBJ didn't have any Major Hollywood "Clout" he was coming off A Scanner Darkly, Fur, and The Shaggy Dog:comeon:

Joe Schmoe Cracker wasn't going to get excited about seeing Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, and Natalie Portman in Thor. Chris Hemsworth didn't have any "Clout" after a 4 minute Cameo in Star Trek:martin:

Joe Schmoe Cracker wasn't going to get excited about Guardians Of The Galaxy. A truly D-List cast of characters starring pre Juraasic World Chris Pratt, whose "clout" to that point came from being third lead in an NBC comedy:ufdup:

The FACT of the matter is that Marvel hasn't had one flop yet, using new, up and coming actors as stars with established character actors to anchor the ensemble. Ernie Hudson is NOBODY's "Jobber" he's been acting steadily in film and television for 40 years. Most can cite Ghostbusters, but he's also received critical acclaim for his work in OZ, The Basketball Diaries, and Stranger In The Kingdom. I am sure he would have no issue bringing The gravitas necessary to accurately portray T'Chaka.

This "need for a Denzel" rhetoric is absolutely retarded. Did Captain America "need" Tom Cruise? Did Ant-Man "need" Tom Hanks? When was Michael Douglas's last box office hit?

fukk outta here with that bullshyt:camby:
They do need that star name though almost every MCU movie had that (Ant-Man with Douglas, Thor with Hopkins, Doctor Strange with basically the whole cast, Cap 2 with Redford etc) and Ernie Hudson really isn't a good pick for several reasons.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm: Aren't you the poster that felt uncomfortable with Black faces in the "Star Wars" movies?
i claimed Sam Jackson was distracting in a star wars movie... and he fukkin was. im not apologizing for that. i watched them recently and still couldn't shake the idea that Sam Jackson was playing a shytty Jedi.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
BP will have a primarily black cast supposedly

Kevin Feige Dubs BLACK PANTHER A “Big Geopolitical Action Adventure” Linked To INFINITY WAR

Still not getting my hopes up, but :wow: if they really follow through on it :blessed:

Some really good stuff in the article:

-Primarily black cast - check

-Geopolitical story - Check (BP stories are at their best when politics are involved)

-Family will a focus of the story - Check. T'Challa will be the lead, but the supporting cast can boost the film as well.

So far, so good brehs. So far, so good. :obama: