Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you stopped reading it or nah?

I stopped buying and reading that bullshyt some time ago.

The only reason the run even comes up in this thread occasionally is because newer "fans" keep trying to credit Coates for creating shyt that was around long before he'd written a single comic.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
they covered his face :laff:

tumblr_inline_p03yuyAZ501r3825d_540.png

:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

I knew they would. As long as they support the movie like the other Marvel movies it is what it is.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Not sure about a Wakanda exhibit being at Animal Kingdom. It's not like Pandora, which is a fictional planet with it's own ecosystem. It's a technologically advanced nation in Africa, it would make sense for it to be at Epcot if anything.

These are fan made, my bad not stating that when I first posted.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I love this thread and our excitement about the film.

One of the most disappointing things about it is that everyone here seems to despise the Coates run of the character.

I worked my way backwards with BP after falling in love with the character in Civil War. I figured being a new fan that the Coates series would be as good a place ad any to start. I got Nation Under Our Feet books 1, 2 and 3 om my shelf right now waiting to be read, but I've been turned off from the idea because of y'all :russ:

Decided to do what all y'all have been saying to do and bought the 4 part set of Christopher Priest's entire run AND the Reginald Hutton graphic novel "Who is the Black Panther?" Which I also heard is amazing.

I see book 4 of Coates run is available now, but I think ima let that rock till read the first volumes of his critically panned run :mjpls:

Excited AF about all of these though. Just copped 4 black panther t-shirts on Black Friday, got a black panther wallet, a black panther coffee mug...I'm in it for Wakanda brehs :blessed:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not surprised they covered his face but why isn't he wearing a panther mask, dude looks like a gimp

But THAT is a Panther mask. The new one was designed to look more feline esque. It's the eyes that throw the whole thing off. Dumb decision to get rid of the white lenses which look more menacing.

I've been on and off with the new suit to be honest. It looks pretty good in concept art and drawings, but iffy in actuality. I wish they at least kept the old mask structure which was pretty much perfect. He doesn't have to look like a literal Panther. Crazy that Killmonger has the cooler costume.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
But THAT is a Panther mask. The new one was designed to look more feline esque. It's the eyes that throw the whole thing off. Dumb decision to get rid of the white lenses which look more menacing.

I've been on and off with the new suit to be honest. It looks pretty good in concept art and drawings, but iffy in actuality. I wish they at least kept the old mask structure which was pretty much perfect. He doesn't have to look like a literal Panther. Crazy that Killmonger has the cooler costume.
I thought there were 2 white lines running in the opposite direction over his brow to the crown of his head :leon:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

nah I don't think they got rid of the lenses entirely I think they work like visors where they flip off and on.

doublex

Pro
Daps
:blessed: Now this Avengers 3 Trailer is out. Marvel needs to up the promotion for the BP solo flick.

tumblr_p06ms89Boe1sk2q1ao4_540.gif

DPzs71GW4AAViOb.jpg

I just noticed Cap in Bucky in the back of that shot.

For those who watched the Infinity War trailer, did anyone else catch...

The Hulkbuster in Wakanda?

tumblr_p06nvhJwWo1qetpu1o5_540.gif

Looks like the 3rd act showdown, where everybody is united, likely goes down in T'challa's kingdom.