chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
How is Tchalla's genius is portrayed since they seem to be giving that trait mostly to Shuri if you know?

Without saying too much, he exhibits his genius in his responsibilities as a new king, as a decision maker and leader. (You will see why he has no time to do what Shuri does, along with their dynamic being dope to see) Shuri is an innovator, and a bridge from the "old way" to the "new way," which is the prevalent symbolism throughout

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
shuri is to tchalla as luscious fox is to batman. is batman smart af calculating and a inventor/genius yes, does luscious still make him fukking gear and shyt and also run a division of his company, yes.... does anyone ever question batman knowing this shyt, no. stop bringing this shyt up, watch the movie first goodness gracious yall are annoying

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
shuri is to tchalla as luscious fox is to batman. is batman smart af calculating and a inventor/genius yes, does luscious still make him fukking gear and shyt and also run a division of his company, yes.... does anyone ever question batman knowing this shyt, no. stop bringing this shyt up, watch the movie first goodness gracious yall are annoying

It’s not about complaining it’s about making sure that T’Challa’s intellectualism isn’t shafted as he is one of the top ten smartest characters in Marvel Canon.

The way that Tony Stark can be Iron Man and still be one of the most brilliant inventors in the MCU is the same way T’Challa can be Black Panther and still be one of the most brilliant minds and tacticians in the MCU.

If there wasn’t already a 100 year tradition of portraying black men in cinema as Step N Fetchit Minstrel Show retards with the ears of corn and heads of lettuce this wouldn’t be a legitimate concern. But alas it is..

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
It’s not about complaining it’s about making sure that T’Challa’s intellectualism isn’t shafted as he is one of the top ten smartest characters in Marvel Canon.

The way that Tony Stark can be Iron Man and still be one of the most brilliant inventors in the MCU is the same way T’Challa can be Black Panther and still be one of the most brilliant minds and tacticians in the MCU.

If there wasn’t already a 100 year tradition of portraying black men in cinema as Step N Fetchit Minstrel Show retards with the ears of corn and heads of lettuce this wouldn’t be a legitimate concern. But alas it is..
bro we all want that so i get where u coming from trust me but after a couple of times shyt becomes annoying (same with spidey and the spider sense talk or dc nikkas tlkn bout reshoots and what director wrote what, its annoying). i have faith in coogler and the other smart and talented black people working on the film. and lets say he isn't as smart or whatever are u not gonna watch his trilogy and not see the movie? what if this film doesn't focus on his intellect because at the current time that isn't what the film needs to push (not to say he won't do smart shyt but it won't be the main focus in his character), and instead happens in the sequel or last film like to the point he's prep king. who knows, why split hairs and bytch, cuz it seems no matter what someone is gonna be upset and find a nitpick, dnt let ur expectations and eagerness for this milestone make u dislike the film if something isn't included. also stop comparing him to other marvel heroes fukk stark nikka im here for tchalla lol but yea i get what u saying lets watch the damn thing first is all i'm saying.

doublex

Pro
Daps

I'm willing to bet T'Challa will still be a genius in the MCU. They will probably insert some dialogue that reveals that he taught his little sister how to be an inventor.

But since he's not just a superhero, he's a king, it will be easy to explain that he doesn't have time for the lab anymore. It's like how in Iron Man 2 Tony made Pepper CEO of Stark Industries because he was too busy being a superhero and an inventor to run the company.

It's hard to show a character balance 3 time-consuming jobs well on screen and have it still look believable, so it's understandable that they would whittle it down to two. And it would take just one line of dialogue to make it clear to the audience that he's still a genius, even if Shuri's filling the slot of "techie character" in the movie.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
tumblr_oxx4n5QJOW1v2lbnko1_1280.gif

parallax

Superstar
Daps
no you can't because stark lose that battle a long time ago
Tchalla has defeated Stark and outsmarted him on several occasions

sure tchalla has beaten stark. stark has an ego of the eiffel tower, and that always fukks him one way or another, especially when it comes to underestimating his opponent, but to claim that stark cant touch tchalla because hes beaten him is like saying reed richards cant touch tchalla because hes also beaten him, while completely ignoring his vast accomplishments.