Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were no complaints on hip hop being used with Luke Cage. Then again Luke Cage was using great rap music. :manny:

Yes there was...Before the show debuted there were people complaining about the show using rap and saying it should only have "Blaxsplotation music" from the 70's. :snoop:

You might be more about what rap music is being used, but most of the people that complain about this stuff are just complaining because it's rap.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
landscape-1464084832-black-panther-chadwick-boseman-captain-america-civil-war-chadwick-boseman-as-t-960198.jpg

@3Rivers please do it for the culture :laff:

:scustpanther:

aTuROHL.png
zB2DAem.png

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
When it comes to the second trailer people are honestly just complaining about the ad libs by staples. The actual music fits the trailer perfect. If you take out the ad libs by staples that exact same music could have been used for the Thor Ragnarok, Pacific Rim, Blade Runner, and Ready Player one trailers.

like @SmarkMero said it'd have been just as stereotypical to have African drums playing in the trailer. Would people have complained if they had used a African Hip hop artist?

IDK I just think a lot of black folks from America and the UK have weird Ideas about what's "African".
People like to complain just to complain.

The trailer music matched perfectly with the intensity of the scenes.

And while i can somewhat understand why some may not have liked the adlibs in the first half of the trailer (i barely even noticed it the first 5 times i watched it), the 2nd half with Gil Scott-Heron on the vocals was GOAT, it was chilling and powerful.

The trailer music was intense and, along with the imagery, got people hyped in the theaters.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I've seen the youtube comments for the trailer and other BP content over the past few months, and idk bc a lot of it looked overwhelmingly positive. Granted I don't linger there, or go down in the weeds, and i'm certainly not one who goes fishing for what klansmen have to say... but from what i've seen every time i scroll down for a peek on youtube, is people saying the black panther movie looks awesome, people saying black panther would whoop batman's ass, and people saying how excited they are for the film.

I may see the occasional passive aggressive shot taken, far and few between, but it'll be accompanied by 50+ replies of people getting in his ass (pause).

On the other hand, one thing I have noticed is the wack media coverage by the supposed comic fans on the youtube/internet. Basically no one knows anything about the mytho so they try to skate by. I actually respect someone like Andre the Nerd more who is flat out upfront (paraphrasing) "I don't know shyt about black panther but i'm hyped as fukk about it b/c it's a black superhero kicking ass".

I prefer that energy over people stumbling trying to drop knowledge about what's happening in the trailer or pondering why MBJ has a New York accent :pachaha:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Tessa Thompson Open to 'Black Panther' Crossover

Tessa Thompson is keen to see a movie featuring characters from both Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther.

The actress has won praise for her portrayal of bounty hunter Valkyrie in the latest installment of the Thor franchise, and will also appear in future films within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

However, Tessa has now revealed that she has set her sights on making a crossover film with the cast of the upcoming Black Panther, including Chadwick Boseman, who portrays the title character, and Michael B. Jordan, who plays supervillain Erik Killmonger.

“The worlds are colliding more and more,” she told Entertainment Tonight, noting that she also worked with Michael and Black Panther director Ryan Coogler on 2015 boxing movie Creed. “I think we’re constantly going to just pitch to Marvel how to get all of the characters in one movie and see what happens.”

Tessa is rumored to have a role in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, which is due out in April 2018. But she also wants to expand her presence in the MCU further, and has floated the idea of an all-female superhero movie to Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige.

“I’m really into Valkyrie when she’s a part of The Fearless Defenders,” the 34-year-old said, referring to the comic books series which centered on the Valkyrior, a team of superheroes led by Valkyrie and Misty Knight. “I think it would be fantastic to have an all-star female team which includes Brie Larson… Let’s get Tilda Swinton. Lupita (Nyong’o) is in there. Just a really bada*s group of women.”

That redemption arc in BP 2 when Erik falls in love with Valkyrie and takes her to a hole in the wall soul-food joint in Harlem :wow:

@wire28

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've seen the youtube comments for the trailer and other BP content over the past few months, and idk bc a lot of it looked overwhelmingly positive. Granted I don't linger there, or go down in the weeds, and i'm certainly not one who goes fishing for what klansmen have to say... but from what i've seen every time i scroll down for a peek on youtube, is people saying the black panther movie looks awesome, people saying black panther would whoop batman's ass, and people saying how excited they are for the film.

I may see the occasional passive aggressive shot taken, far and few between, but it'll be accompanied by 50+ replies of people getting in his ass (pause).

On the other hand, one thing I have noticed is the wack media coverage by the supposed comic fans on the youtube/internet. Basically no one knows anything about the mytho so they try to skate by. I actually respect someone like Andre the Nerd more who is flat out upfront (paraphrasing) "I don't know shyt about black panther but i'm hyped as fukk about it b/c it's a black superhero kicking ass".

I prefer that energy over people stumbling trying to drop knowledge about what's happening in the trailer or pondering why MBJ has a New York accent :pachaha:

Andre doesn't know a damn thing about comics. He has said this time and time again. His knowledge pretty much consists of cartoons, classic tv shows, and some video games. When Black Panther was first announced, dude went crazy over the concept art. He's been on the BP support train ever since.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Andre doesn't know a damn thing about comics. He has said this time and time again. His knowledge pretty much consists of cartoons, classic tv shows, and some video games. When Black Panther was first announced, dude went crazy over the concept art. He's been on the BP support train ever since.
Yup, I don't mind him at all. Matter of fact, he represents part of the new bigger audience that I want this movie and mythology to reach. Even if never read a comic in your life, within the next 5-6 years, T'Challa and Wakanda are going to be household names ingrained in pop culture.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
People like to complain just to complain.

The trailer music matched perfectly with the intensity of the scenes.

And while i can somewhat understand why some may not have liked the adlibs in the first half of the trailer (i barely even noticed it the first 5 times i watched it), the 2nd half with Gil Scott-Heron on the vocals was GOAT, it was chilling and powerful.

The trailer music was intense and, along with the imagery, got people hyped in the theaters.

The Gil Scott stuff elevates it to another level. THAT was perfect. Staples...I'm indifferent on it, but i get those who weren't feeling the lyrics/ad libs.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, I prefer enthusiastic curiosity and naive excitement to the fake excitement and feigned interest.

How many times have you seen this

"Black Panther looks awesome, I'm super excited for it............."

*moves on to next story quickly and spends 30 minutes talking about Tom Hardy walking by a comic book shop* :aicmon:

Last edited: