Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not deep in knowledge on the character. Can someone link me to some sites or youtube vids that describe his feats and strengths

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Im not deep in knowledge on the character. Can someone link me to some sites or youtube vids that describe his feats and strengths
Start by reading Coates. This is real High Art writing. Watch it here and follow the rest of the issues. Trust me on this. :youngsabo::mjgrin:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
They go out of their way not to discuss it too. They'll speculate all day about some minor shyt from Thor Ragnarok or even Ant-Man and Wasp, but barely have anything to say about Black Panther news.

I'm also noticing more and more people trying to do that whole "How come Wakanda doesn't share their tech with the rest of Africa" shyt....As if The U.S. and the UK are currently ending poverty and famine on their continents.
Wakanda being isolationist is their second most important trait.

Wakanda have the cure for cancer but refuse to share just because. That's what makes them interesting and G.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
'Black Panther' is about how you use power wisely

paint.jpg

Describe Wakanda to people who don't know anything about Black Panther.

Boseman: It's a utopia. It's not just an African utopia -- it's a utopia. It's a place where spirituality and science do not war with each other.

You've said that Letitia Wright, who plays your sister Princess Shuri in this movie, will change people's perception of women in tech. How?

Boseman: If anyone doesn't think there's a place for women in tech, it's completely demolished in this movie.

Boseman: Her role is the most important. In the comic book, T'Challa is a scientist and a king, but my sister is the whiz kid. She is the one with that gift. She's the Tony Stark of Wakanda. She's witty, she's cool, she's funny. Now, T'Challa is good in science too, but she's the whiz. That's the way the story's been told forever. T'Challa is technologically sound. He's a scientist as well, but she's the minister of technology.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You gotta stop using the Thor music as an excuse.

Thor had GOTG which set up the space adventure 70s/80s music being emphasized. It was highly successful.

Also you can't compare a solid Vince Staples song to what's generally considered classic Led Zeppelin song. That would hold more weight if it was a classic Jay Z, Nas, 2pac, Biggie song was played over the trailer and it got hit with a lot of backlash.

I'll say it again despite a few complaints WAY MORE people embraced the RTJ over the Vince Staples track. And I like song and trailer, but the music was better in the first one. Not everybody was feeling that shyt..it happens. :yeshrug: That's why some people prefer going with classic songs for trailers.

Having said that people love the visuals and thats all that matters.

You have a point there, but trust, like duke said, it's much more (mainly) about Vince Staples adlibs than the actual music. Hell, the Gil Scott Heron actually also goes very well over the music and to an extent, what this movie represents.