Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I done had it with these nikkas trying to prove how "pro black" they are by shytting on the Black Panther movie. They stay talking about Black Panther is made by white supremacists as if the entire fukking movie wasn't made by black folks.
These dudes(like Jason Black)benefit and get their hits from being cynical and pessimistic.Can't have Black people being too happy and joyous, it may hurt their hustle.

doublex

Pro
Daps
It's funny that, considering Ancient Egypt was arguably one of the if not the first major civilization on the planet, and they were so far advanced for the time and had lots of great technology, hell even building the pyramids is still considered unthinkable to this day.

So why do some have a problem with an advanced African nation? Idiots :snoop:

Folks don't even know about the Kingdom of Kush, Great Zimbabwe, the Mali Empire (ruled by Mansa Musa, the richest person in human history adjusted for inflation), the Songhai Empire, or any of the other African nations which far outpaced the rest of the world in terms of wealth and technology. Heck, the Land of Punt was a mysterious African civilization dating back to around 2500 BC, called "the Land of the Gods", which was extremely wealthy and was so well hidden scholars today haven't been able to pinpoint its exact location. Sound familiar?

But it's much easier for these cacs to scoff like they know something than to learn about the real-world history that inspired Wakanda.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Folks don't even know about the Kingdom of Kush, Great Zimbabwe, the Mali Empire (ruled by Mansa Musa, the richest person in human history adjusted for inflation), the Songhai Empire, or any of the other African nations which far outpaced the rest of the world in terms of wealth and technology. Heck, the Land of Punt was a mysterious African civilization dating back to around 2500 BC, called "the Land of the Gods", which was extremely wealthy and was so well hidden scholars today haven't been able to pinpoint its exact location. Sound familiar?

But it's much easier for these cacs to scoff like they know something than to learn about the real-world history that inspired Wakanda.

7 Influential African Empires

Preach!

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These dudes(like Jason Black)benefit and get their hits from being cynical and pessimistic.Can't have Black people being too happy and joyous, it may hurt their hustle.

Yeah the one I came across was that pudgey nikka with the high top fade....Look like he saw the Coli's :flabbynsick: emoji and said "I think I could pull that look off".

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny that, considering Ancient Egypt was arguably one of the if not the first major civilization on the planet, and they were so far advanced for the time and had lots of great technology, hell even building the pyramids is still considered unthinkable to this day.

So why do some have a problem with an advanced African nation? Idiots :snoop:

Egyptians weren't black:troll:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm willing to bet Lupita's character is going to turn into a villain in the sequel (but definitely not in the first movie); there wouldn't be much point in including Nakia if she wasn't going to become Malice. But I doubt it will be for the same reasons the comic book Nakia turned.

They've already revealed MCU Nakia and T'Challa are exes, and the trailer shows them holding hands and looking close, so when she does turn it will likely be because of Winter Soldier-style brainwashing, not because T'Challa isn't interested in her.

I'm hoping instead of going the villainous turn rout, they just introduce Monica Lynne (with Chadwick's costarring lady Nicole Beharie), and just have it not work out. That way she stays on as named Dora Milaje.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm hoping instead of going the villainous turn rout, they just introduce Monica Lynne (with Chadwick's costarring lady Nicole Beharie), and just have it not work out. That way she stays on as named Dora Milaje.
Why does she turn in the comics? I wouldn't mind if she eventually becomes the antagonist in a sequel or third movie. That shyt would be some fly layer cake of emotions and motives on the movie screen.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

She's already been mentioned in many outlets as an EX-Dora Milaje. Also, from what you mentioned as another character entry only further leads as a potential way for her to make the inevitable, heel turn. In fact, Ionno why anyone would not want her to eventually turn villain. It's how her character was written in the books, plus that's when she becomes more of her own character anyways after that happens. I get the whole wanting to see Black Love represented on the big screen in this caliber, but I'd rather they stay faithful to the characters and books as possible. The storylines of how/when/why she changes can be altered, but her being a villain is part of her being the character so...

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does she turn in the comics? I wouldn't mind if she eventually becomes the antagonist in a sequel or third movie. That shyt would be some fly layer cake of emotions and motives on the movie screen.

She turns in the comics because of a combination of rejection and mental instability. Even before the incident with Mephisto she showed signs of being mentally unstable and dangerous.