Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could scarlet witch beat panther, or does he have some magic resistance?

Also curious on whether he could take Thor or Strange

He did have magical resistance at one point in the comics, but I think that has been taken away.

There's no way he could take on Thor in a one-on-one battle. Waaaay out of his ballpark. BP would have to prep and plan ahead for any sort of chance just like Batman. Strange and Witch are insanely powerful, but still human at the end of the day, which makes them fragile and vulnerable. If BP can get in close and capitalize on an opening he could probably take either out. In Civil War, Rhodey disrupted SW with his high pitched sonar weapon thing.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Cap is that you?

So not only does cap not tell Tony he knew flunkey killed his parents, he’s trying fight toney, so flunkey can just escape :hhh:

Cap’s heinous-ness knows no boundries. Then is too stupid and waste’s money on a box and postage to send the gawd Tony a dusty flip phone as if Tony even needs that to get in contact with him

Yeah aight, just call me Captain then.

First of all, you don't know when Cap found out about Tony's parents. Could have been on the plane ride to Siberia. And when it comes to protecting your friends, who are you gonna ride for more, the one who had your back since y'all were kids or the new one you just met a few years ago who gets on your nerves? There isn't even any comparison here.

Also, you saying that Tony could get in contact with Steve is funny. Steve is in Wakanda under T'Challa's protective shields. Tony Stark can't find him unless he wants to be found. That phone was a peace offering and a huge risk on Steve's part.

jackson35

Banned
Daps

Go and watch the movie again. Cap was fighting Tony so that Bucky could get away, since apparently Tony was dead set on killing Bucky for some shyt he did while brainwashed as a POW. Bucky decided to stay and jump in on the fight. It wasn't like Cap was like 'hey Bucky, come here and help me beat this nikka's ass." He really didn't want to fight at all.

And of course, T'Challa would hold his own and probably beat Cap, he can beat most of Avengers, except for the Hulk. He'd even be able to put the beats on Stark, so does that make Stark weak? Anyway, back to the argument about Cap's fight with BP. You can't even talk about it as a fight when Cap was only playing defense. If you go back and watch that fight again, you'd see he's only doing defensive moves. He's not even throwing punches. He's the ONLY person in Civil War to refer to T'Challa as Your Highness, even AFTER T'Challa tried to kill Bucky. It's obvious Cap has integrity and mad respect for T'Challa, as he should, and you're here shytting on him. :skip:
what's really sad and what no one pick up yet is cap is not a hero, he's really a soldier, the falcoln is considered a hero and black panther is a warrior king, not a super hero

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
what's really sad and what no one pick up yet is cap is not a hero, he's really a soldier, the falcoln is considered a hero and black panther is a warrior king, not a super hero

I wouldn't call Cap a soldier at all. He doesn't like following orders. He rarely does actually. And he's enhanced, so that does qualify him a superhero. Falcon is much more of a soldier, but he has special abilities as well. Black Panther is definitely a superhero. He has exceptional intelligence and athletic prowess, and access to other supernatural power sources as well as natural resources. There's no way you can't call any of them superheroes.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe he isn't, but I don't see T'Challa like kicking him out with Bucky there either. Like you do really see him getting treated like a regular outsider after what happened? I'm not saying they're fam now, lol, but yeah.

Yes.

T'Challa doesn't owe Steve any sort of debt and Steve staying there would do nothing but cause T'Challa and Wakanda problems. Steve is also still partially responsible for the deaths of Wakandan citizens.

Bucky is being kept there so T'Challa can make amends for nearly killing him multiple times. As I said T'Challa doesn't owe Steve anything.

And we know for sure Steve isn't staying there. It's been confirmed that Steve has been on the run since he left the Avengers. The Black Panther film takes place right after Civil War. You're telling me Steve is just chilling in Wakanda, coming and going as he pleases, while all that shyt with Killmonger is going on? T'Challa isn't that dumb, and other Wakandans wouldn't go for that shyt.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yes.

T'Challa doesn't owe Steve any sort of debt and Steve staying there would do nothing but cause T'Challa and Wakanda problems. Steve is also still partially responsible for the deaths of Wakandan citizens.

Bucky is being kept there so T'Challa can make amends for nearly killing him multiple times. As I said T'Challa doesn't owe Steve anything.

And we know for sure Steve isn't staying there. It's been confirmed that Steve has been on the run since he left the Avengers. The Black Panther film takes place right after Civil War. You're telling me Steve is just chilling in Wakanda, coming and going as he pleases, while all that shyt with Killmonger is going on? T'Challa isn't that dumb, and other Wakandans wouldn't go for that shyt.

Shhh, stop that. You're messing with my headcanon, the one where they all hold hands and sing kumbaya together, all out of costume. A girl can dream :steviej:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Yeah aight, just call me Captain then.

First of all, you don't know when Cap found out about Tony's parents.
Not part of this convo just wanted to point out that Cap found out Tony's parents in Cap 2: Winter Soldier from robot Arnim Zola. Under ground bunker scene "Accidents will happen..." Howard Stark face flashes on screen insinuating that a winter soldier killed him.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Not part of this convo just wanted to point out that Cap found out Tony's parents in Cap 2: Winter Soldier from robot Arnim Zola. Under ground bunker scene "Accidents will happen..." Howard Stark face flashes on screen insinuating that a winter soldier killed him.

That's a big reach. I remember that. But to go from Hydra had Stark killed to thinking Hydra instructed Bucky to do it is a big leap. The Starks officially died in a car accident. Maybe Steve suspected Bucky was involved, but that didn't show a smoking gun. I still think that Steve may have found out when Natasha dumped all of SHIELDs files on the internet or on the way to Siberia.

Question: Why is this particular scene annoying so many people.

I've watched a few dozen reaction videos, and about a third mention this handshake as "annoying" or "stereotypical". I totally disagree, it's endearing.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That's a big reach. I remember that. But to go from Hydra had Stark killed to thinking Hydra instructed Bucky to do it is a big leap.
I didn't say Bucky, I said "a" winter soldier. Cap even tells Tony he didn't know it was Bucky after they saw the video. He probably assumed it was another Hydra Operative. He kept secret his knowledge that Tony's parents were assasinated by Hydra, but he found out at the same time Tony did that it was actually Bucky who did it. When Tony asked him did he know, he replied yes because he did know it wasn't just a car accident.