Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Let's see if cacs support this.

this could really open and blow off the doors for black sci fi going forward. THIS CANNOT FAIL!!
dude, I seriously doubt this. They've released some trailers, cool. Let's speak on Marvels lack of Black Panther merchandising. These fukks have characters like Groot, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Dr. Strange on the front of the store portion of the website yet you search Black Panther and all you get is some figurines (a gotdamn BP Mr. Potatohead young), a poster and a link to a trailer. This some bullshyt. Marvel need to be called out on this. I remember them pumping all kinda gear out there for Deadpool and fukkin Ant-Man. shyt is damn near insulting

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We still have to get the average black behind sci-fi/fantasy 100% but this is hella solid grounding

The idea that black folks don't fukk with Sci-Fi/Fantasy is a myth.

There are TONS Black folks that fukk with Star Trek, Star Wars, and were into the Matrix (before it fell off). The issue is that producers have historically refused to green light sci-fi featuring black people.

Roddenberry had to fight to include black characters on Star Trek. George Lucas wanted Han Solo to be Black but he knew the studio wouldn't go for it at the time. Erika Alexander said in an interview she pitched Concrete Park to a studio and an exec wanted to change all the characters races to being white because "Black people don't see themselves in the future".

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude, I seriously doubt this. They've released some trailers, cool. Let's speak on Marvels lack of Black Panther merchandising. These fukks have characters like Groot, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Dr. Strange on the front of the store portion of the website yet you search Black Panther and all you get is some figurines (a gotdamn BP Mr. Potatohead young), a poster and a link to a trailer. This some bullshyt. Marvel need to be called out on this. I remember them pumping all kinda gear out there for Deadpool and fukkin Ant-Man. shyt is damn near insulting

Is it really that hard for yall too just look up shyt before complaining about it. There's been tons of Black Panther Merchandise made, much of it has been posted in this very thread.

I get some skepticism but sometimes yall just be making shyt up to complain.

*edit*

When Civil War came out I saw T'Challa on a box of fukking pop secret popcorn....a few months back I saw the character on a bag of frozen chicken nuggets. That's without mentioning the Lego sets, T-shirts, action figures, video game appearances, and collectible items, and Halloween costumes.

If you can't find Black Panther merchandise you're not even trying to look

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Black panther using ultra instinct:wow:

And he ain't need Whis or Beerus to teach him :wow:

I hope they don’t kill off Killmonger. Lock him up or whatever but keep him in the universe.
Agreed.

He's easily the Vegeta to T'Challa's Goku.

Matter fact, T'Challa, Erik, and M'Baku could be the holy trinity of the trilogy. Keep that underlining tension between them even as bigger threats come into play in the sequels

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
For those complaining about the choice in music....

Thor Ragnarok used a song by Led Zeppliin in it's first trailer.

Guardians of the Galaxy uses a bunch of 70's and 80's music throughout the film.

Spider-Man Homecoming had The Ramones playing throughout the film.

I don't know what it is lately with people complaining every fukking time hip hop is used in a movie trailer. They don't only do that just with black films and every black film doesn't use hip hop in it's trailers.

For this movie the alternative was what? The same generic "African drum" sound they used for every action adventure movie set in Africa?

And that teaser trailer was released a month after filming had wrapped. I think that's still the earliest Marvel has ever released a trailer for a film.

Yeah I don't get the outrage over the genre choice of TRAILER music.

It reeks of :mjpls:

The OST is a different story. If the soundtrack doesn't reflect afrofuturism, Marvel's gonna have to hold an L.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Is it really that hard for yall too just look up shyt before complaining about it. There's been tons of Black Panther Merchandise made, much of it has been posted in this very thread.

I get some skepticism but sometimes yall just be making shyt up to complain.

*edit*

When Civil War came out I saw T'Challa on a box of fukking pop secret popcorn....a few months back I saw the character on a bag of frozen chicken nuggets. That's without mentioning the Lego sets, T-shirts, action figures, video game appearances, and collectible items, and Halloween costumes.

If you can't find Black Panther merchandise you're not even trying to look
I'm talking specifically on the Marvel website. Not that second hand shyt bootleggers been pumpin out. You think Marvel would wait this long to pump out/advertise some merch for Spidey, Iron Man? Hell they advertising merch for Hulk and he ain't never getting his own solo project again

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
It's Ross :yeshrug:

Remember in the comics a big part of the initial stories was that Ross had all these stereotypical views of Black Panther, Wakanda, and what they're capable of.

Ross almost shyt himself when he found out Wakanda had a contingency plan to take down Galactus if necessary. :russ:

Yep Priest deliberately made Ross the prototypical cac.

Cac readers could relate to Ross.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The idea that black folks don't fukk with Sci-Fi/Fantasy is a myth.

There are TONS Black folks that fukk with Star Trek, Star Wars, and were into the Matrix (before it fell off). The issue is that producers have historically refused to green light sci-fi featuring black people.

Roddenberry had to fight to include black characters on Star Trek. George Lucas wanted Han Solo to be Black but he knew the studio wouldn't go for it at the time. Erika Alexander said in an interview she pitched Concrete Park to a studio and an exec wanted to change all the characters races to being white because "Black people don't see themselves in the future".

I agree with that part. And I know there are tons, but we're still in the minority...especially vs comedies and hood flicks. It's still a hassle trying to get anyone outside of the Geek/Blerd community to get involved in anything sci-fi related, well moreso fantasy than sci-fi these days...without it being trendy. Hell, if not for dudes forcing their girls to watch Luke Cage, the WOM wouldn't have carried it as far. It's become less divided over the last decade, but still far to go. I'm trying to put more people on afrofuturism books and horror/fantasy penned by blacks.

Daps
For a movie on this size if you want more you better be concerned about their support. That doesn't mean you alter the story or try to pander to white folks, but this movies of this size need a decent sized white audience to be successful enough to warrant a sequel.
Just tired of white opinions or any white output but I get what you're saying.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm talking specifically on the Marvel website. Not that second hand shyt bootleggers been pumpin out. You think Marvel would wait this long to pump out/advertise some merch for Spidey, Iron Man? Hell they advertising merch for Hulk and he ain't never getting his own solo project again

Spider-Man is the biggest merchandise seller PERIOD. which is why his shyt is always everywhere.

The stuff I'm talking about isn't bootleg second hand shyt. I'm talking about official licensed movie merchandise. Marvel had booths set up and D23 and SDCC just for Black Panther Merchandise.

Marvel has been dropping officially licensed merchandise related to Black Panther going all the way back to before Civil War's release.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just tired of white opinions or any white output but I get what you're saying.

I feel you on that.

That's what I mean when I say they shouldn't be looking to pander to white folks or avoid certain topics for fear of making them feel uncomfortable.

Black Panther is a HUGE step in that direction. I remember when this movie was first rumored that people kept insisting it needed to be set in the united states because "mainstream" audiences wouldn't want to watch a movie set in Wakanda.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Based on the trailer reactions to this trailer from white people I think it's going to do numbers. I think it will make more than spiderman honestly.

The fact that a lot of people don't know much about black panther will make them go out of curiosity. Not to mention the consensus is that BP and Spiderman stole the show in Civil War.