Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The complaints about anybodies accent sound "off" or "Terrible" is silly. They're not supposed to sound like authentic accents, the characters are from a FICTIONAL African nation.

I remember before Civil War dropped there were those innanet reports from those who saw the private screening that were bad mouthing Chadwick's accent for not being "good"

and my Nigerian ass read those comments like "deez innanet Afrikans got ppl thinking our accents all sound da cotdamn same o? :pachaha::mjlol:"

Chadwick's accent was perfectly fine. shyt wasn't that serious.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Fuqua did King Arthur

Spike lee did 25th hour

Plenty more I can’t think of atm.

F. Gary Gray did Italian Job.

Honestly I don’t look at it as some badge of honor that a black director gets to direct white people. fukk that

I hope that the success of Black Panther blows the door open for more black directors to direct majority black casts in blockbusters. I wanna see Ancient Egyptian epics with Idris Elba and Teyonah Paris instead of fukking Christian Bale and Sigourney Weaver...

I wanna see a black secret agent movie with Donald Glover and Issa Rae instead of the same ole James Bond with blue eyed Lilly white actor flavor of the month and curveless, talentless super model.

I wanna see Sci-Fi epics starring John Boyega and Janelle Monae where the black Hero doesn’t get his ass kicked in every other scene and serve as Token comic relief.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regardless of all the BS going on in this country, I’m hoping ALL comic book movie fans will support this. This will be a landmark and important comic book movie, let alone MCU film.

Most will, but there's always going to be that segment of comic book fandom that hates Black Panther because he's black (even though they wont admit it).

The same shyt they love about Batman, Captain America, Tony Stark, and other characters are things they HATE about Black Panther and Wakanda.

Ever notice how some comic book fans demand a grounded explanation as to how Wakanda is so advanced and able to hide themselves from the rest of the world?

Their suspension of disbelief stops right at blackness. They can buy everything else in the MCU, but a super advanced nation of black people is just too much.

Look at how many of the theories about the film and character were steeped in white Supremacy and idea of black inferiority.

The idea that T'Challa was going to go to the Avengers and the UN for "Help" in Civil War.

People that saw the Civil War trailer and thought Captain America was chasing Black Panther to arrest him.

People saying Tony Stark supplied Black Panther with all of his tech.

The idea that T'Challa would call in the Avengers or unthaw Bucky to help him defend Wakanda.

Marvel consistently saying Wakanda is THE MOST advanced nation on earth, but white fanboys and news outlets always chancing it to "One of the most advanced".

All sorts of little shyt that points to how uncomfortable some people are with black excellence.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
She really comes off as someone who has had very little if any significant interaction or relationships with Black people. It's all foreign to her.

Living in the South, I know people like that, who were sheltered and who's only real knowledge of Black people comes from media. She thinks the same way they do.
I actually think the opposite, she reviews more black shyt than the average white YouTube movie critic. Me thinks she has had some Black dyck in her life before.
And I only watched her reaction and the only complaint was showing Killmonger's suit in the trailer, she thought they should save it for the movie. I didn't watch her shot by shot.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The ONLY thing about the trailer that gives me slight pause is that they’ve got Ross so damn amazed that Wakanda is so advanced...

T’Challa was literally JUST running around Europe kicking Bucky’s ass in a vibranium micro weave suit. And you think this dude’s kingdom consists of textiles, shepherds, and cool outfits?

I hoe they explain that portion

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually think the opposite, she reviews more black shyt than the average white YouTube movie critic. Me thinks she has had some Black dyck in her life before.
And I only watched her reaction and the only complaint was showing Killmonger's suit in the trailer, she thought they should save it for the movie. I didn't watch her shot by shot.

Only interaction that I know of that she did with any Black person was when she did a crossover with Spill.com once back in the day. Her and animated Korey Coleman did a review together once. Even Korey had to throw her in the bushes after he found out she said "Dear White People" was racist against white people because it didn't show their perspective.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Man all I know is something happened in ragnarok that had Thor smack the windshield of the guardians ship like a damn bug..if that's not a lead in I don't know what is lol
It was a lead in to his cameo in GOTG2, what you saw in gotg2 is the lead in to infinity wars no?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Only interaction that I know of that she did with any Black person was when she did a crossover with Spill.com once back in the day. Her and animated Korey Coleman did a review together once. Even Korey had to throw her in the bushes after he found out she said "Dear White People" was racist against white people because it didn't show their perspective.
Just saying she will review Barbershop movies, Girls Night and other majority Black shyt no problem. She has no aversion to Black entertainment. Most white YouTube critics are the opposite.
I don't always agree with her and she really went off the deep end with that DC bias claim but I like that her analysis comes from a mainly business perspective. And she has no problem giving a negative review or a review that is opposite of the consensus.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The ONLY thing about the trailer that gives me slight pause is that they’ve got Ross so damn amazed that Wakanda is so advanced...

T’Challa was literally JUST running around Europe kicking Bucky’s ass in a vibranium micro weave suit. And you think this dude’s kingdom consists of textiles, shepherds, and cool outfits?

He's also royalty, so it isn't a leap to think he has access to fly tech while his country is nothing special.
Wakanda is a secret by design. I'm glad they are still keeping it that way from the rest of the world.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's Ross :yeshrug:

Remember in the comics a big part of the initial stories was that Ross had all these stereotypical views of Black Panther, Wakanda, and what they're capable of.

Ross almost shyt himself when he found out Wakanda had a contingency plan to take down Galactus if necessary. :russ:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saying she will review Barbershop movies, Girls Night and other majority Black shyt no problem. She has no aversion to Black entertainment. Most white YouTube critics are the opposite.
I don't always agree with her and she really went off the deep end with that DC bias claim but I like that her analysis comes from a mainly business perspective. And she has no problem giving a negative review or a review that is opposite of the consensus.

She definitely gives more attention to black films and actors than others. I actually used to be a fan, but over time her ignorance and craziness have become more and more apparent.

She does that white liberal shyt where she assumes a lot of shyt about Black People an act and does a lot of that "Both sides" bullshyt.