St louis
We in this bytch.
wat6rr.jpg

Jards

All Star
Daps
Skimming the last few pages
Seeing complaints from black people about the music...:francis:

Yea Feige needs to step in for the next trailer and tv spots to make sure African music is playing.

Can't afford to lose anybody's interest cause of music. Its a simple fix. Throw that orchestral on there and :wow::wow:
Before the trailer dropped this morning I was reading an article that was floating around regarding this dude on FB claiming that his track was gonna be used for the trailer:

'Black Panther' Trailer Music Track Is Out, Teases New Trailer's Release

Doesn't really sound that African tbh but still kinda close to the tribal sound. I was expecting this so when the trailer dropped it was kinda disappointing they went with Hip Hop again, most likely cause everyone lost their shyt with the RTJ track in the teaser so they tried to replicate that feeling. Could also possibly be though that dude was running his gums on FB so they thought fukk it and changed the track at the last min. I hope they don't OD with Hip Hop in this - would kinda take you out of it if they use excessive rap music in a film set in Africa. Anyone know if a composer has been assigned yet?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey Mic, did you see Grace Randolph's trailer review yet? I'm curious to know if she has any ignorant :mjpls: tinged commentary for this one.

I've been purposefully avoiding hers even though she had her's up before most others. I can't stand listening to that moron.

Willing to bet it's more bullshyt about it needing to be more than just a black movie, more shade at cultural aspects she doesn't understand, and stupid jokes about cats.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before the trailer dropped this morning I was reading an article that was floating around regarding this dude on FB claiming that his track was gonna be used for the trailer:

'Black Panther' Trailer Music Track Is Out, Teases New Trailer's Release

Doesn't really sound that African tbh but still kinda close to the tribal sound. I was expecting this so when the trailer dropped it was kinda disappointing they went with Hip Hop again, most likely cause everyone lost their shyt with the RTJ track in the teaser so they tried to replicate that feeling. Could also possibly be though that dude was running his gums on FB so they thought fukk it and changed the track at the last min. I hope they don't OD with Hip Hop in this - would kinda take you out of it if they use excessive rap music in a film set in Africa. Anyone know if a composer has been assigned yet?

The composer is the same guy that did the score for Creed.

Also, yall do realize that Africa has it's own thriving Hip Hop scene right? They could have maybe used some African hip hop artists, but them using hip hop in and of itself isn't as far out of an idea as people think.

As for that alleged trailer music, that's what I mean when I said generic African drums that we hear in every film set in Africa.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been purposefully avoiding hers even though she had her's up before most others. I can't stand listening to that moron.

Willing to bet it's more bullshyt about it needing to be more than just a black movie, more shade at cultural aspects she doesn't understand, and stupid jokes about cats.

She really comes off as someone who has had very little if any significant interaction or relationships with Black people. It's all foreign to her.

Living in the South, I know people like that, who were sheltered and who's only real knowledge of Black people comes from media. She thinks the same way they do.

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
:mjpls: So us light skinned negroes ain't being given shine in this movie? :damn: We ain't help build Wakanda too?
sorry, breddah, maybe next go round
tenor.gif

we got this one, pimp

The composer is the same guy that did the score for Creed.

Also, yall do realize that Africa has it's own thriving Hip Hop scene right? They could have maybe used some African hip hop artists, but them using hip hop in and of itself isn't as far out of an idea as people think.

As for that alleged trailer music, that's what I mean when I said generic African drums that we hear in every film set in Africa.

wouldn't wanna derail the thread, but I got 12+ songs that is bangers, all from different parts of the Motherland, on a youtube playlist

Example:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She really comes off as someone who has had very little if any significant interaction or relationships with Black people. It's all foreign to her.

Living in the South, I know people like that, who were sheltered and who's only real knowledge of Black people comes from media. She thinks the same way they do.

It's that and she's just sort of a psycho. She started that petition to have Fox release a PG13 cut of Deadpool because she said only having an R rated version was unfair to kids and would hurt the box office. Then she was one of the people behind the conspiracy theory about Marvel buying off critics.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The revolution, will be LIVE :takedat:

This.

I thought the musical score for the trailer was incredible. One of my favorite things about the trailer.

It was edgy, the beat matched the action, and the quotables at the end was a sick homage to the 1960s/70s black power/black panther movement.

The revolution wouldn't be televised, the revolution will be LIVE :wow:

February 2018

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wouldn't wanna derail the thread, but I got 12+ songs that is bangers, all from different parts of the Motherland, on a youtube playlist

Example:

See, if you just showed someone this video and didn't include any audio there'd be people swearing up and down it's stereotypical because "Africans don't do stuff like that". Some of our own people act like the continent is still culturally stuck in the 1970's or 1980's.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
For those complaining about the choice in music....

Thor Ragnarok used a song by Led Zeppliin in it's first trailer.

Guardians of the Galaxy uses a bunch of 70's and 80's music throughout the film.

Spider-Man Homecoming had The Ramones playing throughout the film.

I don't know what it is lately with people complaining every fukking time hip hop is used in a movie trailer. They don't only do that just with black films and every black film doesn't use hip hop in it's trailers.

For this movie the alternative was what? The same generic "African drum" sound they used for every action adventure movie set in Africa?

And that teaser trailer was released a month after filming had wrapped. I think that's still the earliest Marvel has ever released a trailer for a film.
To be far, I didn't like any of those musical choices either. I just prefer an original score. Think star wars, that Wonder Woman theme. Jaw, Jurassic park etc.Those things stand the test of time and provide a signature sound for the character.
It adds epic ness

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
See, if you just showed someone this video and didn't include any audio there'd be people swearing up and down it's stereotypical because "Africans don't do stuff like that". Some of our own people act like the continent is still culturally stuck in the 1970's or 1980's.
I'd really like a co-sign from the thread, and I wanna share at least 5 more songs, that would be TOO DOPE in a movie like this
what I'm saying, is not only am I in the theater day 1, with assigned seats, but I'm pulling up with my Wakanda playlist
shyt is that serious mayne

ya'll wanna hear em?