Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie is :trash: if he doesn't get that get back on Winter Solider and Cap.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
For those complaining about the choice in music....

Thor Ragnarok used a song by Led Zeppliin in it's first trailer.

Guardians of the Galaxy uses a bunch of 70's and 80's music throughout the film.

Spider-Man Homecoming had The Ramones playing throughout the film.

I don't know what it is lately with people complaining every fukking time hip hop is used in a movie trailer. They don't only do that just with black films and every black film doesn't use hip hop in it's trailers.

For this movie the alternative was what? The same generic "African drum" sound they used for every action adventure movie set in Africa?

And that teaser trailer was released a month after filming had wrapped. I think that's still the earliest Marvel has ever released a trailer for a film.
I feel you..

However, in fairness to those movie.s The Led Zeppliin song is a classic rock song. GOTG used great music as well. SMHC trailers were meh as fukk so I wasn't even paying attention.

Coogler so far has mixed a couple pretty good songs into the trailers :yeshrug:

Imagine if they played GREAT hip hop. Or just used the old school 70s and 80s R&B/Funk/SOul . Or just leave the Gil Scott song untouched. There would be no complaints...at least from black people.

Imagine watching thetrailer with this joint playing over the Killmonger scenes.
"Never does a thing irrational" :wow:

Word to @Ironman @Ziggiy

I think of a few Biggie, Pac or Jay Z songs that could have really lifted this trailer. :ohlawd:

Last edited:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
giphy.gif

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I told cats when the first trailer dropped the CGI looking :ld: was a nonfactor because literally every Marvel movie has that problem during the first trailer.

Fred.

Most likely will be cleaned up when the official movie drops and/or will look better off GP being on a theater screen vs. this quasi-HDish streams.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

jackson35

Banned
Daps
as much as I enjoy Legends of Tomorrow...We can't compare a feature film to some CW level shyt. I don't even think Black Lightning is supposed to be in that CW-DC "Arrow-verse" either. Got breh out there to succeed or fail on his own. :francis:
sure you can. i see traces of the black super hero mantis in the film.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you..

However, in fairness to those movie.s The Led Zeppliin song is a classic rock song. GOTG used great music as well. SMHC trailers were meh as fukk so I wasn't even paying attention.

Imagine if they played GREAT hip hop. Or just used the old school 70s and 80s R&B/Funk/SOul . Or just leave the Gil Scott song untouched. There would be no complaints.

Word to @Ironman @Ziggiy

I feel you..

Imagine if they played GREAT hip hop. Or just used the old school 70s and 80s R&B/Funk/SOul . Or just leave the Gil Scott song untouched. There would be no complaints...at least from black people.

Word to @Ironman @Ziggiy

I think of a few Biggie, Pac or Jay Z songs that could have really lifted this trailer. :ohlawd:

The people complaining aren't really doing so because of what songs are chosen, they're upset because they used any kind of Hip Hop. In terms of what songs are used tastes are going to vary. I'm willing to bet some would be even more upset if they used more familiar or classic hip hop records.

Like I said it's a trend I'm noticing of people just bytching about hip hop being in movie trailers. There were people crying about Tupac being used in the Pacific Rim Uprising trailer.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The people complaining aren't really doing so because of what songs are chosen, they're upset because they used any kind of Hip Hop. In terms of what songs are used tastes are going to vary. I'm willing to bet some would be even more upset if they used more familiar or classic hip hop records.

Like I said it's a trend I'm noticing of people just bytching about hip hop being in movie trailers. There were people crying about Tupac being used in the Pacific Rim Uprising trailer.
I mean you can't please everybody. However, usually when a trailer drops the first thing people want to do is go play the song that was used on youtube. That happened some with the RTJ track. I'm sure people will look for the Gil Scott one...however the Vince Staples joint....not too sure :patrice:

I think Marvel plays it safe here on out though imo :manny:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care about their support. We should just make good things starring our ppl and supporting our ppl.

For a movie on this size if you want more you better be concerned about their support. That doesn't mean you alter the story or try to pander to white folks, but this movies of this size need a decent sized white audience to be successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not posting his bullshyt here, but that a$$hole from Emergency Awesome is making shyt up again...

Said MCU Peter and Shuri are on the same level in terms of intelligence. Said Shuri shares tech with Tony Stark. and claimed the orbs that T'Challa throws in the trailer are meant to slow down his descent and break his fall. :mjlol: