Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup I think both of you are right. :jbhmm:

It definitely sounds like the Shuri circa Who is the Black Panther. It makes perfect sense. Shuri doesn't become her (entirely) mature self until she had to take the mantle.

I do hope Shuri's competiveness and cockiness is included in the "vibrance" she has, though. She's not just nerdy. Shuri was always ambitious of taking the mantle like @Mic-Nificent noted. Even if it's not about the BP mantle exactly this time around, but she should still be incredulous.

Hopefully she shines through as a supporting character, regardless.

And I have a feeling that "take Wakanda to a new place." is just Shuri wanting the country to be the most advanced it can be. Unless Coogler felt inspired by Coates...

Nah, everything that Coogler, Boseman, and Cole have said about the film reveals that they like the monarchy. They've all said that T'Challa being king is an aspect of him that makes him unique in the MCU.

One thing I hate about Coates being the writer on Black Panther is that now people are acting like he's the definitive writer of the character and should be consulted on everything. fukk Coates, his Black Panther run isn't even approaching what others before him did. People even keep giving him credit for shyt that he didn't create.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Listen to this CAC y'all :mjlol:

He got heart now

heart.png
Wrong nikka - Caribbean bred excellence

fukk out of here p*ssy if you ain't bringing anything to the table. I'm up in here trying to celebrate the Black Panther trailer and you're stinking up the thread :camby:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Wrong nikka - Caribbean bred excellence

fukk out of here p*ssy if you ain't bringing anything to the table. I'm up in here trying to celebrate the Black Panther trailer and you're stinking up the thread :camby:
Make me bytch ass nikka. You already stunk up the thread posting that racist bytch in here :camby:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
We got a finals game tonight and a Black Panther trailer...

and we got brehs in here beefing :gucci::mjcry:
I despise the bytch he posted

shyt grinds gears that we as black people always looking for validity from white people. Got dammit we can't have shyt

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
And I have a feeling that "take Wakanda to a new place." is just Shuri wanting the country to be the most advanced it can be. Unless Coogler felt inspired by Coates...

...and that wouldn't change anything. Coates' Shuri actually doubles down on the "nation over everything" mindset. Her wanting Wakanda to be more advanced internally fits her comic book persona.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I despise the bytch he posted

shyt grinds gears that we as black people always looking for validity from white people. Got dammit we can't have shyt

I fukking hate Grace Randolph too, but I also want Black Panther to get as MUCH attention as possible and do well. Before now a lot of outlets were ignoring the film compared to other comic book movies.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Yea it seems they change the suit design which was dumb it was fire af but it do looked shopped as well so who knows and he'll lemme wait until the movie is out to judge it. Poster is ok dnt give a damn bout that bs y'all trippin please stay focused

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...and that wouldn't change anything. Coates' Shuri actually doubles down on the "nation over everything" mindset. Her wanting Wakanda to be more advanced internally fits her comic book persona.

It would change Shuri because Coates completely rewrote Shuri and gave her a completely new personality. She's just as stoic as T'Challa now, older than T'Challa, and now seemingly more "wise" than T'Challa.

Even after Shuri became Black Panther she wasn't stoic, she was also in a lot of ways more ruthless than T'Challa.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukking hate Grace Randolph too, but I also want Black Panther to get as MUCH attention as possible and do well. Before now a lot of outlets were ignoring the film compared to other comic book movies.
What did Grace say about the poster? I don't plan on watching the video.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It would change Shuri because Coates completely rewrote Shuri and gave her a completely new personality. She's just as stoic as T'Challa now, older than T'Challa, and now seemingly more "wise" than T'Challa.

Even after Shuri became Black Panther she wasn't stoic, she was also in a lot of ways more ruthless than T'Challa.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Current Shuri may be more stoic due to the Djalia, but she's just as ruthless as before. That showed up in BP #10 and BP# 12. Coates' Shuri is basically a calmer version of Hickman's Shuri, imho.

My overall point is that even Coates' Shuri would want Wakanda to be as advanced as possible, since it would benefit the nation. Hence why I replied to @Concerning VIolence's post that Coates' influence wouldn't affect that aspect of things.