jackson35

Banned
Daps
Nikka who gives a fukk about you? Nikkas in here looking for coverage of the movie.

You don't like it then don't watch the videos fakkit:camby:
obviously you do.... was i even talking to you. if you don't posses an ounce of class just skip me. i don't talk to people like you.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Nikka who gives a fukk about you? Nikkas in here looking for coverage of the movie.

You don't like it then don't watch the videos fakkit:camby:
I didnt and I won't bytch so you and that cave bytch can eat a dikk. Got dammit I'm sick of y'all cacs and lame nikkas on this site

You audacity to post THAT bytch up in here. fukk you too :pacspit:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
For the most part. Shuri is actually quite intelligent and did study nuclear physics in the comics, so her having a science background matches her comic book history. She also started off as a somewhat cheery (and very confident) person in the comics. It's when she became a BP and ruler that she became a more mature and serious individual.

We also have to remember that this Shuri is going to be different, in large part because T'Chaka lived much longer in the MCU than in the comics. T'Chaka being alive for as long as he was means that there was no "competition" for the BP mantle, since the issue has already been settled: T'Challa will be king. In fact, T'Challa is already the BP at the time of Civil War. Thus, she appears to be focusing a good amount of her efforts elsewhere: designing tech.

One thing that is interesting is her wanting to "take Wakanda to a new place." Does she mean internally, as in advancing Wakanda further in technology, or as far as the outside world is concerned? If its the latter, that would be a big departure from her comic counterpart, as she never really cared much about making alliances with the outside world.

That said, that doesn't prevent Marvel from steering her towards the comic book path later on via Infinity War and the BP sequels. Infinity War in particular may be a big factor, depending on how much the film takes from the comics (Thanos' invasion of Wakanda and the consequences of that as far as Shuri is concerned).

Depends on which version of Shuri you're talking about.

I can see her having a personality close toe Shuri's from the first arc of Hudlin's run. The Shuri in this film is going to be younger than the we've gotten in the comics. It's also sounding like she wont be obsessed with becoming Black Panther like she was during Hudlin's run.

Yup I think both of you are right. :jbhmm:

It definitely sounds like the Shuri circa Who is the Black Panther. It makes perfect sense. Shuri doesn't become her (entirely) mature self until she had to take the mantle.

I do hope Shuri's competiveness and cockiness is included in the "vibrance" she has, though. She's not just nerdy. Shuri was always ambitious of taking the mantle like @Mic-Nificent noted. Even if it's not about the BP mantle exactly this time around, but she should still be incredulous.

Hopefully she shines through as a supporting character, regardless.

And I have a feeling that "take Wakanda to a new place." is just Shuri wanting the country to be the most advanced it can be. Unless Coogler felt inspired by Coates...

Jards

All Star
Daps
I didnt and I won't bytch so you and that cave bytch can eat a dikk. Got dammit I'm sick of y'all cacs and lame nikkas on this site
Then either a) ignore the shyt you don't like or b) get the fukk off the site cause Nikka's don't care if you post here or not. No one's gonna miss your bytch ass :camby:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm ready!
ipluqx6.png
YHUGari.png
xQWRRmr.png
That makes two of us!

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Then either a) ignore the shyt you don't like or b) get the fukk off the site cause Nikka's don't care if you post here or not. No one's gonna miss your bytch ass :camby:
Or C) you take this neg and go jump off a cliff agent

Jards

All Star
Daps
obviously you do.... was i even talking to you. if you don't posses an ounce of class just skip me. i don't talk to people like you.
That post wasn't for you but fukk you too and your fukk ass news :camby:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I mean as far as scenery is concerned....... don't it kinda need to be dictated based off where the story takes them?:patrice:

And if cats want Africa..... how bout y'all don't "24 Legacy" this shyt and make sure y'all come out in droves to support.:comeon:

Give this movie that same feminist push that "Terrific Thot" is getting currently, so when that sequel or 2 drops..... that budget is upped so they "can" go to Africa and shoot that scenary to make y'all happy:ufdup:

Martha