Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is the most watched NBA finals since the end of the Jordan era. By debuting the teaser trailer during a major event they put the largest number of eyes possible on it. And the posters always look slapped together. Look at the final poster for the first Avengers film. Marvel always does a shytty job with their posters. Marvel doesn't do shytty trailers, it just doesn't happen. Some of this is also that they're really confidant in the film, which is why they were also showing people dallies of the film (something they've also never done before).
No, this isn't. Ratings are down.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad it's finally getting more coverage (thought I'd have been shocked if a trailer announcement wasn't covered.)

I see Grace Randolph is still a fukking moron :dead:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's some 1 + 1 equals 2 type simplicity rationale right there. A lot of black folks might not realize it but kinda of what made 'get out' a hit was it had the white as the predator and a black as the prey. A lot of ppl could have cared less about the symbolism and devil portrayal all they saw was whites as puppet masters and a panicky black that was sweaty, crying and frantic which (considering how tough/cool blacks have been portrayed since the 70s) I imagine was very empowering.

To compare a small niche movie that was a surprise hit no one saw coming to a "blackcentric" blockbuster that has astronomical hype is kinda disingenuous buddy.

If that was the case then there wouldn't have been White people proclaiming the film was anti-White before release.

If it has astronomical hype, then why would it be DOA? Astronomical hype would insinuate a lot of people are looking forward to it.

I know it's a smaller film, but this is the trump era. A lot of White people hate racial commentary, try to deflect from it, and avoid it. They hate to be seen as the bad guys and the film shed an unfavorable light on them. The fact that film still managed to attract everybody and had great WOM and legs due to it actually being a solid film. It wasn't a moderate success, it was a huge success.

My point is if the film looks/is good, people in this country will go see it and it will have solid legs. No matter if it's a "Blackcentric" cast. I'm actually not really worried about the domestic totals.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad it's finally getting more coverage (thought I'd have been shocked if a trailer announcement wasn't covered.)

I see Grace Randolph is still a fukking moron :dead:
Not going to watch her vid, give me a gist of what she said?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Guys, it's a "Teaser" poster. Most "Teaser" posters don't even show anything and just have the title. This just is to show him as a King, royalty. Why are people over analyzing a teaser poster? They probably should of done what everyone else does and just have the title. I'm more interested in the footage than how the poster looks.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guys, it's a "Teaser" poster. Most "Teaser" posters don't even show anything and just have the title. This just is to show him as a King, royalty. Why are people over analyzing a teaser poster? They probably should of done what everyone else does and just have the title. I'm more interested in the footage than how the poster looks.

Because it's the first official promo image associated with the film released. If Marvel released the trailer simultaneously with the poster then people wouldn't have cared that much. For the moment, the poster is the only thing we have to go by to at least give folks an idea of where the film going. A first impression.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
For the dudes looking for coverage:

Edit: Reaction to the trailer looks split :yeshrug:

I'm cool with it cause a) There will be better posters as we get nearer and b) WE GETTING A MOTHERfukkING TRAILER TONIGHT!!!! :dj2:

Double edit:

:camby:

:camby: I dont give a fukk about those cacs and I dont even know why you posted that bytch cuz thats the same bytch who was bytching about the casting of Luke Cage being Black.

This Black Panther fukk these cacs and their opinions

doublex

Pro
Daps

The ironic thing is, if this had been released as concept art of T'challa's throne room everyone would be going crazy over it and analyzing what it tells us about the movie's design.

Instead, all they care about is whether or not Boseman's head looks right on his shoulders. Pretty sure that's not going to be an issue in the movie itself, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That, and i'm dissappointed none of the filming locations were in Africa. :francis:

Hoping our suspension of disbelief doesn't get destroyed when we see a street that obivously looks like Atlanta.

From what we've seen of Wakanda, espcially in the Coates run, it's not just trees and high tech mushed together. It actually resembles Africa.

Let's see how they'll pull it off.
Could have been getting images like this :francis:
3d-abstract_hdwallpaper_beautiful-africa-sunset_39681.jpg

cc9bc48ba9ca3dec13a1a57b52ddf9d2.jpg

Click_Pictureworks_Africa_Africa-48.jpg

Can't beat that real aesthetic:wow:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
That's the only bad part about Marvel filming in Atlanta like in Civil War. The whole time I was like why tf are they in Midtown :mjlol:

Jards

All Star
Daps
:camby: I dont give a fukk about those cacs and I dont even know why you posted that bytch cuz thats the same bytch who was bytching about the casting of Luke Cage being Black.

This Black Panther fukk these cacs and their opinions
Nikka who gives a fukk about you? Nikkas in here looking for coverage of the movie.

You don't like it then don't watch the videos fakkit:camby: