Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
It was the shortest filming period, but the production was one of the longest. Unlike other Marvel characters groundwork was laid for the Black Panther all the way back before Civil War was released. So certain things were worked on and out before filming even began. With that said like with all marvel teasers there's going to be some rough CGI. What's reassuring is that they showed journalist some dallies of Black Panther and they were blown away. I think this film is going to have more practical stuff than people are expecting.
It was the shortest filming period, but the production was one of the longest. Unlike other Marvel characters groundwork was laid for the Black Panther all the way back before Civil War was released. So certain things were worked on and out before filming even began. With that said like with all marvel teasers there's going to be some rough CGI. What's reassuring is that they showed journalist some dallies of Black Panther and they were blown away. I think this film is going to have more practical stuff than people are expecting.

That, and i'm dissappointed none of the filming locations were in Africa. :francis:

Hoping our suspension of disbelief doesn't get destroyed when we see a street that obivously looks like Atlanta.

From what we've seen of Wakanda, espcially in the Coates run, it's not just trees and high tech mushed together. It actually resembles Africa.

Let's see how they'll pull it off.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm ready!
ipluqx6.png

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
ON SHURI: She's princess of Wakanda, but also she designs all of the new technology there. She has an innovative spirit and an innovative mind, and she wants to take Wakanda to a new place. Also, she has a great fashion sense, better than mine. She's so vibrant; a beautiful spirit, but also so focused on what she does. And that's good for other people to see, especially young people to see, because it's like, "Look, there's a young black girl who loves technology and she's from Africa." It's something refreshing.
Letitia Wright
Just read this.

@Realdealholy

You think they got Shuri's personality right?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That, and i'm dissappointed none of the filming locations were in Africa. :francis:

Hoping our suspension of disbelief doesn't get destroyed when we see a street that obivously looks like Atlanta.

From what we've seen of Wakanda, espcially in the Coates run, it's not just trees and high tech mushed together. It actually resembles Africa.

Let's see how they'll pull it off.
It's mostly sound stage so they have no reason to film there :yeshrug:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You're being incredibly over-dramatic and unrealistic here saying it's DOA. Is there a chance that it may disappoint? yeah, especially overseas. However, saying things like "DOA" is ridiculously overboard especially considering the power of the Marvel brand alone and it's track record. " We DO live in a racist society, yes, but we just watched a Black written and directed film that painted White people as evil, make 5x it's budget backGet Out). Despite being a smaller film, the fact that people still went out in droves and saw it, despite it's politics, show that people talk a lot of shyt but at the end of the day will go out and support good entertainment regardless. If this film is good, it will do numbers.
that's some 1 + 1 equals 2 type simplicity rationale right there. A lot of black folks might not realize it but kinda of what made 'get out' a hit was it had the white as the predator and a black as the prey. A lot of ppl could have cared less about the symbolism and devil portrayal all they saw was whites as puppet masters and a panicky black that was sweaty, crying and frantic which (considering how tough/cool blacks have been portrayed since the 70s) I imagine was very empowering.

To compare a small niche movie with an "interracial" cast that was a surprise hit no one saw coming to a "blackcentric" blockbuster that has astronomical hype is kinda disingenuous buddy.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Just read this.

@Realdealholy

For the most part. Shuri is actually quite intelligent and did study nuclear physics in the comics, so her having a science background matches her comic book history. She also started off as a somewhat cheery (and very confident) person in the comics. It's when she became a BP and ruler that she became a more mature and serious individual.

We also have to remember that this Shuri is going to be different, in large part because T'Chaka lived much longer in the MCU than in the comics. T'Chaka being alive for as long as he was means that there was no "competition" for the BP mantle, since the issue has already been settled: T'Challa will be king. In fact, T'Challa is already the BP at the time of Civil War. Thus, she appears to be focusing a good amount of her efforts elsewhere: designing tech.

One thing that is interesting is her wanting to "take Wakanda to a new place." Does she mean internally, as in advancing Wakanda further in technology, or as far as the outside world is concerned? If its the latter, that would be a big departure from her comic counterpart, as she never really cared much about making alliances with the outside world.

That said, that doesn't prevent Marvel from steering her towards the comic book path later on via Infinity War and the BP sequels. Infinity War in particular may be a big factor, depending on how much the film takes from the comics (Thanos' invasion of Wakanda and the consequences of that as far as Shuri is concerned).

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read this.

@Realdealholy

Depends on which version of Shuri you're talking about.

I can see her having a personality close toe Shuri's from the first arc of Hudlin's run. The Shuri in this film is going to be younger than the we've gotten in the comics. It's also sounding like she wont be obsessed with becoming Black Panther like she was during Hudlin's run.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Marvel doesn't usually put out trailers 8 months beforehand either, but here we are. It's just the poster is an obvious slapped together, rushjob, and I hope the trailer doesn't follow suit just to capitalize on finals night.

1st teaser for Dr. Strange was 8 months prior to November release

1st teaser for Age of Ultron was approximately 7 months before its May release

off the top its not that unusual.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Depends on which version of Shuri you're talking about.

I can see her having a personality close toe Shuri's from the first arc of Hudlin's run. The Shuri in this film is going to be younger than the we've gotten in the comics. It's also sounding like she wont be obsessed with becoming Black Panther like she was during Hudlin's run.

Indeed, especially with the bold. Basically Shuri went we first meet her in the comics, but without the BP obsession since T'Chaka was still around.