GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Close up. Could have easily let this be the first version. As great as the background is this looks better imo.
KwOnlrx.jpg

hopefully this new suit has some up graded weapons system's like that new force absorption&force redirection ability Ta-Nehisi Coates version of T'challa has And maybe getting his energy daggers back because let's face it those little dainty claws he had in Captain America civil war simply ain't going to cut it against Thanos and the black order
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNTkvOTg1L2kwMi9CUF8yLmpwZw==
1602c40df7d64b8d7309dfa7cb358477.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel doesn't usually put out trailers 8 months beforehand either, but here we are. It's just the poster is an obvious slapped together, rushjob, and I hope the trailer doesn't follow suit just to capitalize on finals night.

This is the most watched NBA finals since the end of the Jordan era. By debuting the teaser trailer during a major event they put the largest number of eyes possible on it. And the posters always look slapped together. Look at the final poster for the first Avengers film. Marvel always does a shytty job with their posters. Marvel doesn't do shytty trailers, it just doesn't happen. Some of this is also that they're really confidant in the film, which is why they were also showing people dallies of the film (something they've also never done before).

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People keep crediting Coates for the force absorption and release thing, but that was honestly something that was done in Priest's run, it was just limited to T'Challa's boots back then.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the most watched NBA finals since the end of the Jordan era. By debuting the teaser trailer during a major event they put the largest number of eyes possible on it. And the posters always look slapped together. Look at the final poster for the first Avengers film. Marvel always does a shytty job with their posters. Marvel doesn't do shytty trailers, it just doesn't happen. Some of this is also that they're really confidant in the film, which is why they were also showing people dallies of the film (something they've also never done before).

I'm aware that's why I hope they didn't decide within the last few days they needed to put something out there and rushed it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm aware that's why I hope they didn't decide within the last few days they needed to put something out there and rushed it.

Nah, I think it's been planned, people who are actually close to the film have been saying it was going to drop soon, we just didn't realize how soon.

Yall are worrying WAAAY too much about this film. I have faith that Marvel is going to do right by this movie. My concern has always been about how mainstream media and geek media outlets will cover the film, because up until now they've been ignoring the film.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Finals, and Spider-man: homecoming out within the next few weeks. They want to capitalize on the attention both will garner. That's why I'm a little worried about the trailer.
I'm not worried about the acting/cinematography/story for the trailer. However, are they gonna have the sound mix and Special Effects together so soon :patrice:
This was one of if not the shortest productions for Marvel film. So maybe they got on it earlier.
However, you got get one shot at a first impression of Wakanda. Lets hope it looks on point.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not worried about the acting/cinematography/story for the trailer. However, are they gonna have the sound mix and Special Effects together so soon :patrice:
This was one of if not the shortest productions for Marvel film. So maybe they got on it earlier.
However, you got get one shot at a first impression of Wakanda. Lets hope it looks on point.

Editing is what concerns me. Trailers are like films in and of themselves.

BP was like 4 months? Civil War was about 4-5 month production iirc.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It was the shortest filming period, but the production was one of the longest. Unlike other Marvel characters groundwork was laid for the Black Panther all the way back before Civil War was released. So certain things were worked on and out before filming even began. With that said like with all marvel teasers there's going to be some rough CGI. What's reassuring is that they showed journalist some dallies of Black Panther and they were blown away. I think this film is going to have more practical stuff than people are expecting.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was the shortest filming period, but the production was one of the longest. Unlike other Marvel characters groundwork was laid for the Black Panther all the way back before Civil War was released. So certain things were worked on and out before filming even began. With that said like with all marvel teasers there's going to be some rough CGI. What's reassuring is that they showed journalist some dallies of Black Panther and they were blown away. I think this film is going to have more practical stuff than people are expecting.

So are we looking at a short film? or the reason filming was short was because it was mostly done in-studio?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So are we looking at a short film? or the reason filming was short was because it was mostly done in-studio?

I think it was shorter because the actual production time was so much longer. With other films they had to figure out how certain things worked as they went along, with Black Panther they already knew how the suit would look in certain lighting and things like that. Also the film crew is made up of a people that Coogler had worked with before. By all accounts the filming of Black Panther went incredibly smooth.