Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Black-Panther-Teaser.jpg

Close up. Could have easily let this be the first version. As great as the background is this looks better imo.
KwOnlrx.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
ESPECIALLY in the superhero genre. How many more superhero films are we gonna get where the superhero is seeking the full potential of his or her powers and the entire world is in peril? That's why movies like DEADPOOL and LOGAN are praised. They went against that "end-of-the-world" scenario cliché. I'd rather it be more of a personal internal conflict that challenges T'Challa's mentally and emotionally. And we still may get that, but this synopsis makes it feel like a typical Marvel film.
It is a typical Marcel film. It's a continuation of the story.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: not really fond of the whole "Threat to the entire World" plot but we'll see

Btw, Disney needs to fire their marketing people. Boss Logic's joint was made in like 30 mins

Forreal, if you were to send that to me, I would be like J.Jonah Jameson and tell you to get that crap out of my sight and head back to the drawing board :russ:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
ESPECIALLY in the superhero genre. How many more superhero films are we gonna get where the superhero is seeking the full potential of his or her powers and the entire world is in peril? That's why movies like DEADPOOL and LOGAN are praised. They went against that "end-of-the-world" scenario cliché. I'd rather it be more of a personal internal conflict that challenges T'Challa's mentally and emotionally. And we still may get that, but this synopsis makes it feel like a typical Marvel film.
Coogler showed with Creed that he can take a seemingly predictable story on paper and turn it into something fresh.
I was focusing more on the political aspects of it, and not the "end of the world" aspects. The film is suppose to lead into Infinity war, but I don't think it's going to be all sky portals, huge faceless armies stuff that plagues other films. I dunno, we'll see. I'm tired of that too.
Black Panther takes place in 2016, shortly after Civil War. Infinity War takes place in 2018. I'm not sure its going to be that kind of connection. Might just be the Soul Gem is in Wakanda.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does Marvel suck so much when it comes to posters? At least half of them are brutal.

Cause they know for that nobody goes or doesn't go to see a movie based on a poster so they always go the cheapest route with them. I wish they had just paid a comic book artist to design something epic for the film, but I knew they were going to put out some cheap shyt that looks like it was done by an art school student.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people seem anxious as hell to shyt on this film no matter what. Even the die hard Marvel fans.

There's a contingent of white people that HATE Black Panther. For years they've been shytting on the character and the people that write his comics. It's not a coincidence that a lot of those same white people LOVE Coates bullshyt take on T'Challa (which sees him getting his ass kicked all the time and being a bumbling buffoon).

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When has Marvel ever put out a trailer that felt slapped together? Seriously, all of their trailers have been dope since the first Iron Man.
Marvel doesn't usually put out trailers 8 months beforehand either, but here we are. It's just the poster is an obvious slapped together, rushjob, and I hope the trailer doesn't follow suit just to capitalize on finals night.