Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Pretty much agree except for one thing

QDJ as a love interest just seems so....wrong. Especially with Storm back in the mix

Wished T'Chaka would've had more lines in the Council meeting of the dead

Very solid issue however.
you sure it was QDJ? I thought it was some other girl who's from the Jabari lands.

EDIT: nvm you are right, it was QDJ. I doubt she'll be a love interest. Misinterpreted her and T'Challa's convo.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts about this issue is the same as last: :ehh:

It continues to read like a traditional superhero tale and as long as he keeps it up, maybe it will wash the taste of the earlier half out my mouth. I remain cautiously optimistic in the meantime. I wish this fool would have started his run out in this fashion. I guess those Marvel heads got in that ass, after sales plummeted. :lolbron:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

It continues to read like a traditional superhero tale and as long as he keeps it up, maybe it will wash the taste of the earlier half out my mouth. I remain cautiously optimistic in the meantime. I wish this fool would have started his run out in this fashion. I guess those Marvel heads got in that ass, after sales plummeted. :lolbron:

Pick-up or wait until the next to be sure?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Coates said season 2 was going to be a more traditional BP story back in June 2016, during a Q&A at a comic book shop.

I just wish the current arc was the introductory arc. Season 2 is way better so far, imho.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
20170523_111540.jpg

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pick-up or wait until the next to be sure?

If you have the money to spare, pick it up, it's a pretty good issue all things considered. These last two books have been pretty traditional BP adventures which after the gahbage we got in the first arc has been refreshing.

teacher

All Star
Daps

Coates said season 2 was going to be a more traditional BP story back in June 2016, during a Q&A at a comic book shop.

I just wish the current arc was the introductory arc. Season 2 is way better so far, imho.

I feel like Coates with the first 12 issues wanted to clean up the mess Marvel left t'challa with all the L's he and his country were taking as well as to allow T'challa to jetset with the Ultimates/Avengers. Stop writers from using it as a cop out as to why someone was trying to overthrow the king once again....damn near everyone run some one tries to over throw the black panther when he is on leave don't these niccas ever learn :mjlol:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like Coates with the first 12 issues wanted to clean up the mess Marvel left t'challa with all the L's he and his country were taking as well as to allow T'challa to jetset with the Ultimates/Avengers. Stop writers from using it as a cop out as to why someone was trying to overthrow the king once again....damn near everyone run some one tries to over throw the black panther when he is on leave don't these niccas ever learn :mjlol:

Coates came in with a clean slate.

Remember Secret Wars ended with T'Challa rebuilding Wakanda, putting resources into the Wakandan space program, and vowing that Wakaknda would take a leadership role among global super powers, and The first issue of Ultimates pointed towards Wakanda being well on it's wait to thriving again.

Coates came in and did another unnecessary deconstruction of T'Challa and Wakanda. He spent the entirety of season 1 tear T'Challa and Wakanda down with no rebuild. The only characters that were treated well were his pet character Aneka, Ayo, and to a lesser extent Shuri.

Sometimes Coates biggest problem is that he puts what HE personally wants over what makes sense. Even in the latest issue:

We see T'Challa hold council with previous Black Panther's. Most of them are portrayed as being petty or unwilling to help, but Coates added a new female Black Panther from the past that basically admonished the others and had all the answers. He also added S'Yan (a character Coates seems to like) to the council. T'Chaka didn't utter a word of advice and T'Challa didn't even acknowledge him.

The series has gotten better, if only because it's not filled with unnecessary T'Challa bashing and T'Challa is becoming the central character of his own book (finally).

The reveal about Zwavari surviving the end of everything is still a bit of shade thrown at T'Challa though. It also damages the credibility of the other sorcerers in the Marvel Universe since none of them survived and they knew the world was coming to an end.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Ya'll talk a good one about the last two issues. I picked up the last twos....I just couldn't. I really didn't like the beginning of this series and it's goog take more than two good issues. I'll keep checking for it to improve.

I'm interested in how feminism wil;l make it into Storm/TChalla's marriage