Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ya'll talk a good one about the last two issues. I picked up the last twos....I just couldn't. I really didn't like the beginning of this series and it's goog take more than two good issues. I'll keep checking for it to improve.

I'm interested in how feminism wil;l make it into Storm/TChalla's marriage

If Coates pulls ANY bullshyt with Storm/T'Challa I will find him wherever he is in the world and personally rip his head off.

Seriously let me read the words "I had to serve the King in ALL ways" coming from Ororo's speech bubble and I'm catching a case...

teacher

All Star
Daps
Coates came in with a clean slate.

Remember Secret Wars ended with T'Challa rebuilding Wakanda, putting resources into the Wakandan space program, and vowing that Wakaknda would take a leadership role among global super powers, and The first issue of Ultimates pointed towards Wakanda being well on it's wait to thriving again.

Coates came in and did another unnecessary deconstruction of T'Challa and Wakanda. He spent the entirety of season 1 tear T'Challa and Wakanda down with no rebuild. The only characters that were treated well were his pet character Aneka, Ayo, and to a lesser extent Shuri.

Sometimes Coates biggest problem is that he puts what HE personally wants over what makes sense. Even in the latest issue:

We see T'Challa hold council with previous Black Panther's. Most of them are portrayed as being petty or unwilling to help, but Coates added a new female Black Panther from the past that basically admonished the others and had all the answers. He also added S'Yan (a character Coates seems to like) to the council. T'Chaka didn't utter a word of advice and T'Challa didn't even acknowledge him.

The series has gotten better, if only because it's not filled with unnecessary T'Challa bashing and T'Challa is becoming the central character of his own book (finally).

The reveal about Zwavari surviving the end of everything is still a bit of shade thrown at T'Challa though. It also damages the credibility of the other sorcerers in the Marvel Universe since none of them survived and they knew the world was coming to an end.

Coates said when he began writing his BP they didn't know the end of secret wars and in his first issue Wakanda was structurally fine but it doesn't change what happened the people's minds weren't wiped they still remembered what happened prior and Zenzi used mind control to amplify their disapproval .He used Squadron Supreme and their mission to kill Namor as acknowledgement that people still remembered what happened previous to the world collapsing. We know the narrative against T'challa has been one sided all through new avengers up until the end of the Coates first BP arc.

As for the sitdown with previous BP's I just felt these niccas was tired of T'challa 'cheating' like nicca we didn't have these powers we figured out our sh!t on our own little nicca...basically tough love :yeshrug:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I picked up #14 and it was better, a step in the right direction and felt more like a comic book...still the 2 action scenes were EHHHHH. It seems like the editors at Marvel have been giving him some lessons in how to write fiction/comic books.

My problems are that it's still a setup issue, and the the council of BPs felt weird and I have no idea who the female BP was. They could have had T'Chaka or Azzuri speak.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
VyCbCcB.jpg

:confusedakeem:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I picked up #14 and it was better, a step in the right direction and felt more like a comic book...still the 2 action scenes were EHHHHH. It seems like the editors at Marvel have been giving him some lessons in how to write fiction/comic books.

My problems are that it's still a setup issue, and the the council of BPs felt weird and I have no idea who the female BP was. They could have had T'Chaka or Azzuri speak.

It was a character Coates created, which is why she had chastise the other Black Panthers for being oddly combative with T'Challa and she had the answer to T'Challa's question while everyone else was clueless or combative. Instead of creating a new character this would have been a great opportunity to have Bashenga at the table.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coates said when he began writing his BP they didn't know the end of secret wars and in his first issue Wakanda was structurally fine but it doesn't change what happened the people's minds weren't wiped they still remembered what happened prior and Zenzi used mind control to amplify their disapproval .He used Squadron Supreme and their mission to kill Namor as acknowledgement that people still remembered what happened previous to the world collapsing. We know the narrative against T'challa has been one sided all through new avengers up until the end of the Coates first BP arc.

As for the sitdown with previous BP's I just felt these niccas was tired of T'challa 'cheating' like nicca we didn't have these powers we figured out our sh!t on our own little nicca...basically tough love :yeshrug:

Wakanda wasn't structurally fine, because Coates kept hammering home the idea that their resources were spread thin because of the rebuilding. And again if it was about people being upset with what happened prior then Shuri would have been catching heat too, but we repeated saw that nobody had a problem with Shuri, everybody was just upset with T'Challa even though virtually all the bad shyt happened during Shuri's reign.

Also the narrative against T'Challa wasn't one sided in New Avengers, because we actually saw what was going on. From the first issue we saw that the universe was dying and that T'Challa was forced to work with the Illuminati to stop it.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Wakanda wasn't structurally fine, because Coates kept hammering home the idea that their resources were spread thin because of the rebuilding. And again if it was about people being upset with what happened prior then Shuri would have been catching heat too, but we repeated saw that nobody had a problem with Shuri, everybody was just upset with T'Challa even though virtually all the bad shyt happened during Shuri's reign.

Also the narrative against T'Challa wasn't one sided in New Avengers, because we actually saw what was going on. From the first issue we saw that the universe was dying and that T'Challa was forced to work with the Illuminati to stop it.

I agree with Shuri not doing her Job as Black Panther, but at the same time because of T'challa her job was a little harder. Also she committed the ultimate sacrifice so she gets at least an A for effort I guess from the Wakandans, while they saw T'challa jetsetting with a bunch of whiteboys with no background information while they are struggling. Then try to comeback on some I'm the king again bow down to me but I'm still space cruising with the ultimates :gucci:. When they say resources I just assumed vibranium because other then that everything else can be bought and the beef began at the vibranium mound :yeshrug: and again we saw both sides but the wakandans didn't. Rape camps might have been much, but not necessarily a stretch. Not even mad at the lesbian angle since that made issue 1 worth something :mjgrin:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DBQIdYhUAAArH5c.jpg

Join us at the Anaheim Convention Center July 14-16!
Marvel will make its way to D23 Expo’s show floor from July 14–16 with an exciting look at its upcoming film titles in the Marvel Studios Pavilion, featuring an array of props and costumes from the Studios’ upcoming slate, including “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Black Panther,” and more. Fans will also be able to enjoy all-new console and mobile Marvel Games, plus incredible exclusive content and announcements throughout the weekend!

In Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok,” Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok—the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization—at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive the Grandmaster’s gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger—the Incredible Hulk. Fans will get an up-close look at the costumes and props from “Thor: Ragnarok,” as well as photo opportunities with exclusive set pieces from the film.

The incredible costumes from “Black Panther” will also be on display. “Black Panther” follows the journey of T’Challa after the events of Marvel Studios’ “Captain America: Civil War,” where he returns to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country’s new leader.

In addition to the exciting props and costumes on display, Marvel Studios will host multiple giveaways and events within its pavilion space in Hall B. Fans will get the chance to meet with Marvel Studios’ filmmakers, development team, and talent. Exclusive artwork will be given away daily, along with other surprises. Details on talent appearances and special signings will be made available on the D23 Expo app.

For the first time at D23 Expo, guests will be able to get their hands on the hottest new console and mobile games featuring favorite Marvel Super Heroes, playing as the world-famous Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and more!

• “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2” is an all-new, original adventure and sequel to the smash hit “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.” Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humor, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across myriad Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis.
  • Adding to the infinite excitement of D23 Expo, “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” will offer attendees hands-on opportunities with the next era of the highly revered action-fighting game series. Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action-packed player-versus-player combat. “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” features a variety of exciting and accessible single-player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike and will be released on September 19, 2017, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
  • Gazillion will offer a chance to play “Marvel Heroes Omega” and win fantastic prizes. “Marvel Heroes Omega” combines the core gameplay style of Action-RPGs and MMOs with an expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. With thousands of hours of character progression and rewards, “Marvel Heroes Omega” comes packed with tons of replay value and a steady stream of new challenges with regular updates.
  • Netmarble is bringing its best to D23 Expo with “Marvel Future Fight.” Featuring 120 Marvel Super Heroes to choose from, players create teams of their favorites to fight for their future. D23 Expo attendees can try their hand at saving the universe.
  • “Marvel Puzzle Quest” is where the best in match-3 puzzle gameplay meets Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains in the most epic puzzle adventure game available on your phone, tablet, and PC. “Marvel Puzzle Quest” combines favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-versus-player tournaments, Alliances, and much more. Guests can unleash their inner Super Hero and wage war against their enemies. Learn more at marvelpuzzlequest.com.
Marvel will present incredible panels during D23 Expo, including the fan-favorite Cup o’ Joe on Friday, July 14, at 1:15 PM PT in the D23 Expo Arena, featuring Chief Creative Officer of Marvel, Joe Quesada, in a no-holds-barred panel of everything Marvel! That same day at 6:00 PM PT on Stage 28, Marvel Animation presents a surprise-filled panel of sneak peeks, special guests, exclusive footage, and big announcements about the future of Marvel Animation on Stage 28. Details will be available on the D23 Expo app.

Tickets for D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for one-day adult admission and $59 for children 3–9. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission and $53 for children 3–9. Multi-day tickets are also available. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23Expo.com.