doublex

Pro
Daps
Marvel Studios does have faith I believe. Fiege has been talking about BP for the past year or so and went through everything to sign Coogler. They also showed raw footage last month which is something they don't do for most movies.

A Feige interview just came out where he mentioned BP as one of his "top three most anticipated things" in the upcoming MCU slate.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Updated synopsis

"After the events of Marvel's Captain America: Civil War, King T'Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakanadan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war."

:jbhmm:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Updated synopsis

"After the events of Marvel's Captain America: Civil War, King T'Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakanadan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war."

It doesnt sound that bad...:ehh:

Everyone comes from the Throne, T'challa stands ready...:ufdup:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It doesnt sound that bad...:ehh:

Everyone comes from the Throne, T'challa stands ready...:ufdup:
Not too different from what we already know. I'm guessing this movie takes place in 2016 since its shortly after Civil War. Thought he would be king for a lil while already.

I'm just curious how they're handling the world war angle.

And the "must team up with Ross" ...I was just trolling with that RossSoLit shyt. Great actor, but I don't want that character hogging screen time from Wakandans or the villains. :picard:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Not too different from what we already know. I'm guessing this movie takes place in 2016 since its shortly after Civil War. Thought he would be king for a lil while already.

And the "must team up with Ross" ...I was just trolling with that RossSoLit shyt. Great actor, but I don't want that character hogging screen time from Wakandans or the villains. :picard:
MUST
7htmonq_zpsaf84fhrb.png

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:pachaha:

Its Coogler though so I trust he'll find a way to handle all the characters. And yea they do have to have that character to "represent the audience" :mjpls:.........but I think Freeman will do well with the role. Probably not in the movie like that :manny:

Might just be all up in the trailers like someone else I know :lolbron:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:pachaha:

Its Coogler though so I trust he'll find a way to handle all the characters. And yea they do have to have that character to "represent the audience" :mjpls:.........but I think Freeman will do well with the role. Probably not in the movie like that :manny:

Might just be all up in the trailers like someone else I know :lolbron:
Oh? Do share with the class
n5diId8_zps5s1a9hxp.png

Mazino

All Star
Daps

Ross is gonna be comic relief, ain't nobody taking shine away from the king or other prominent black characters in a BP flick.

In Coogler we trust :4WAKANDA:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Updated synopsis

Sounds about right

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

The Two are more than likely one enemy from within (Kilmonger) and one from without (Klau) T'Challa will most likely deal primarily with Kilmonger while Ross will ASSIST in dealing with Klau...

I wouldn't worry too much about Ross taking time "away" from T'Challa and company. At the end of the day Ross is nothing more than comic relief, there's nothing special about him. He'll more than likely provide info for T'Challa and play the background

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Two are more than likely one enemy from within (Kilmonger) and one from without (Klau) T'Challa will most likely deal primarily with Kilmonger while Ross will ASSIST in dealing with Klau...

I wouldn't worry too much about Ross taking time "away" from T'Challa and company. At the end of the day Ross is nothing more than comic relief, there's nothing special about him. He'll more than likely provide info for T'Challa and play the background

Odds are Ross will play the same role he did in the comics. He'll be a stand in for hating ass white people that automatically assume Black Panther isn't on the same level as the other Avengers.

I bet they'll even have that classic moment where Ross says "You want me to call the Avengers!?" only for T'Challa to say "Why?" Then handle shyt by himself.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

:ehh:

2 months from a trailer :wow:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

but it makes better story telling sense for everybody to challenge the throne as soon as the king dies since they all want the spot and feel the prince aint ready

and as far as the world war .. I bet those challenging the throne want to seek revenge for the king's death and T'chal is like no.. so that adds further conflict

Last edited:

teacher

All Star
Daps
but it makes better story telling sense for everybody to challenge the throne as soon as the king dies since they all want the spot and feel the prince aint ready

and as far as the world war .. I bet those challenging the throne want to seek revenge for the king's death and T'chal is like no.. so that adds further conflict

the monarchy has nothing to do with birth right...at least it isn't supposed to (I know priest trolled with the herb being poisonous to everyone that isn't t'challa's blood). So that story line makes perfect sense and probably would happen if Wakanda was real...