jackson35

Banned
Daps
He said long before his run started that when it came to comics he was color blind.

Seriously yall should read/listen to the interviews he was doing before his Black Panther book came out. There were tons of red flags in those interviews about what his run would end up being. He mostly talked about what he didn't like about Black Panther, what he wanted to change, how he was a huge X-men and Spider-Man fan, and how he knew long time Black Panther fans were going to hate his run but that he didn't care.
i'm fully aware of his statements, i'm relaying to you that if his father was alive a black militant panther fan, he would not pull this shyt. he would have been in a headlock by now

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I really think he would do better in like a Kingpin book, or Norman OR even a Tombstone book. Of course he would have to write them as villains, and I'm not sure how he'd manage with that.

I can't even imagine him doing a Spidey-book. A Spidey-book with NO action? Yeah, the kids would love that.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
ok.
the end of Ms.Marvel kinda saved the story for me
had me thinking, "oh! two young student muthafukkas can just break into Wakandan spots holding Vibranium?" :stopitslime:
shyt was still wack tho how they did that.
they really got BP out here lookin soft tho :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
BP on the cover of Lego Marvel 2. Rocket and Groot bigger in the Wakanda section :mjpls:
LMSH_KeyArt_1494617075.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok.
had me thinking, "oh! two young student muthafukkas can just break into Wakandan spots holding Vibranium?" :stopitslime:

Eh, Since it was such a light hearted story it didn't bother me as much (though like you before the end I was like "how these muthafukkas just waltz into a Wakandan lab like that).

What's really telling though is how Wakanda looks FAR more advanced in Ms Marvel than it has looked at any point during Coates run.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I dislike Coates comic book work but I'm not going the conspiracy theory route. Dude was talking about comics in his article for the Atlantic for years before Marvel approached him. He even talked about comics a lot of twitter and was asking people for recommendations of stuff to read. One of the editors at Marvel reached out to him initially via twitter.

He was brought in to promote The Agenda via a Black IP. Take the cape off.

His bullshyt was being praised half a year before it was even published.

This is why he is being paraded as some sort of second coming despite the fact he's lost 90% of his damn readers.

Only a plant who write Wakanda as dysfunctional along with the promotion of a matriarchy.

Only a plant would personally hire a self-hating Black Person such as Roxane Gay to work on a Black IP.

A bytch who wrote a story about Black Men being hypersexual "untamed savages".

Coates even ran with the whole toxic masculinity nonsense by making T'Challa a dictator.

This is Coates true form

timthumb.php

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Is he suggesting that the Dora Mijai was created by Coates? Which is super ignorant of the lore.​
Again, I think the Dora's are cool, but, the way they became the stars of the book was weird. He's right about how it became like being T'Challa's guard was beneath them. :dahell:

His point was how they were propped up at the expense of the Black Male leader. Which is a form of emasculation.

But I do agree that he seems ignorant of the lore, but then again he's said that he isn't a comic reader and only looked at this Black Panther due to the push.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I really think he would do better in like a Kingpin book, or Norman OR even a Tombstone book. Of course he would have to write them as villains, and I'm not sure how he'd manage with that.

I can't even imagine him doing a Spidey-book. A Spidey-book with NO action? Yeah, the kids would love that.

He aint writing no other book.

That isn't his role.

His role was to come in and push a White agenda via Black IP and Black face.

Coates aint nothing but a buffer just like Stacey Dash.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was brought in to promote The Agenda via a Black IP. Take the cape off.

His bullshyt was being praised half a year before it was even published.

This is why he is being paraded as some sort of second coming despite the fact he's lost 90% of his damn readers.

Only a plant who write Wakanda as dysfunctional along with the promotion of a matriarchy.

Only a plant would personally hire a self-hating Black Person such as Roxane Gay to work on a Black IP.

A bytch who wrote a story about Black Men being hypersexual "untamed savages".

Coates even ran with the whole toxic masculinity nonsense by making T'Challa a dictator.

This is Coates true form

timthumb.php

Like I said, I'm not here for the conspiracy theory stuff. I don't like Coates run, I'm not caping for him, I'm just dealing in facts and choose not to whine about "feminist agendas".

teacher

All Star
Daps
ok.

there's a Wakanda Arc in Ms. Marvel? :gladbron: what issues?

but they were probably able to gain access possibly because Wakanda was divided and the guards were busy with Tetu/Zenzi and the Rogue Dora's.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
there's a Wakanda Arc in Ms. Marvel? :gladbron: what issues?

but they were probably able to gain access possibly because Wakanda was divided and the guards were busy with Tetu/Zenzi and the Rogue Dora's.
UayeRuC.jpg

she aint in the issue
its her old boyfriend thats doing school in Wakandas story