Sidenote: These hoodies :whoo:
l6cccx0_zpsuhfxrhzm.png

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Nah, that's the right way. The "t" isn't silent, due to it showing up before the apostrophe. Same thing applies to T'Chaka, W'Kabi, S'Yan, M'Baku, etc.

A few comics back in the day said that the T is silent, but that makes zero sense. My last name has a silent consonant but it's within one word with no grammatical break. If there was an apostrophe before it, it would be pronounced each time.
In Africa it's read all together, names like M'bo, M'bemba,etc. that's why I'm saying it should be read tchalla. :jbhmm:

Daps
MJB comes off as douche in his interviews and he's said some some off things about BW but he's a great actor and I'm sure he'll be good in his role.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
World of Wakanda was nice but damn! I hope T'Challa plans on throwin some ones at Kevin :pachaha:
shyt!
homie out here strugglin in NYC

edit

meant to post this in comics

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
In Africa it's read all together, names like M'bo, M'bemba,etc. that's why I'm saying it should be read tchalla. :jbhmm:

From my experience (my fam and I are African), the "M" in M'bo or "M'Bemba would be pronounced but (sometimes very) briefly, rather than being emphasized. Hence why it may sound like it reads all together. Similar rule would applied to T'Challa, W'Kabi, etc.

For the T in T'Challa to be silent, his name would have to be written as Tchalla. The apostrophe after that first "T" means that the "T" has to be pronounced.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
World of Wakanda was nice but damn! I hope T'Challa plans on throwin some ones at Kevin :pachaha:
shyt!
homie out here strugglin in NYC

edit

meant to post this in comics

Kasper's part of the BP-verse, it's all good.

Breh got involved with the wrong girl and shyt got haywire. Looking like a prime #GMB candidate. :pachaha:

Thankfully, T'Challa's about to hook him up with the gig of a lifetime...w/ benefits :mjgrin:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Kasper's part of the BP-verse, it's all good.

Breh got involved with the wrong girl and shyt got haywire. Looking like a prime #GMB candidate. :pachaha:

Thankfully, T'Challa's about to hook him up with the gig of a lifetime...w/ benefits :mjgrin:
lol
yo i hope so.
He had to have mentioned his small apartment bm, and seed like 12 times throughout that issue! :pachaha: