Daps
Here's a better article on the snipets. The "gay" exchange makes it sound like Okoye is cocky and joking with a friend.
The first dailies we watched showed a hooded Nakia (Lupita Nyong'o) using martial arts to sneak up on and take out some soldiers as another large group of troops are engaged in a firefight. We then saw the Dora Milaje sailing to Warriors Falls for the king’s coronation. There was drums, music, singing and dancing on the boat. There was the following playful exchange between Gurira's Okoye and Kasumba's Ayo: "You look good.” “You look better.” “I know.”
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/1...ge-screened-and-first-trailer-due-summer-2017

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
From my experience (my fam and I are African), the "M" in M'bo or "M'Bemba would be pronounced but (sometimes very) briefly, rather than being emphasized. Hence why it may sound like it reads all together. Similar rule would applied to T'Challa, W'Kabi, etc.

For the T in T'Challa to be silent, his name would have to be written as Tchalla. The apostrophe after that first "T" means that the "T" has to be pronounced.
Yeah man, they're pronnounced very briefly but not how they pronnounced it in Civil War.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Does Black Panther have any other superpower besides the usual super athleticism? Or is that all he has?

Basically the same ish as Cap, but he's always been portrayed with superhuman agility too. He's supposed to have enhanced senses, but it's never shown

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way of verifying it so statements like this is meaningless to me, but I do expect the movie to be off the chain

Well, dude is located in the ATL so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility. Especially considering set people probably make use of Uber/Lyft to get back and forth from the airport, hotels.etc.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Invest in BP stuff now if you have the resources.

Word I did just that, hopefully it blows him up like Deadpool :banderas: I need his first appearance though....I'm tight I missed the BP panel at NYCC to :francis: could of been :cook: funny thing is I really don't plan on selling anything anytime soon anyway :manny:

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Word I did just that, hopefully it blows him up like Deadpool :banderas: I need his first appearance though....I'm tight I missed the BP panel at NYCC to :francis: could of been :cook: funny thing is I really don't plan on selling anything anytime soon anyway :manny:
That isn't until October this year I'm trying to head back this year

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I bought FF 52 a few months before they announced the movie :ahh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
sexually suspect :mjlol:
That's kinda fukked up. Dude is married and has a son. lol
If you don't like his writing or where he is taking the BP story that's one thing but no need to get personal. And for the record I think 'Between the World and Me' is very overrated. It's good but no he's not the new James Baldwin . . . in either way. :dame:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's kinda fukked up. Dude is married and has a son. lol
If you don't like his writing or where he is taking the BP story that's one thing but no need to get personal. And for the record I think 'Between the World and Me' is very overrated. It's good but no he's not the new James Baldwin . . . in either way. :dame:

Overall I love Coates writing non fiction writing and I think it's legitimately great. What I have a problem with is his fiction writing and his take on Black Panther and his mythos.

I still think people are giving him a pass because of his work outside of comics. He came onto the book as a non fan, basically said fukk this character and what fans of the character like and started tearing everything down to build up what HE felt the character should be in order for it to be enjoyable for him.

You can't tell me he'd have done some shyt like this to Wolverine or Spider-Man (two characters he loves). What's funny is, this guy has claimed he doesn't find stories where the hero is nigh invincible or doesn't struggle entertaining, but I CLEARLY remember Coates gushing over Planet Hulk and World War Hulk on twitter a couple of years before he started writing Black Panther. Both of those stories are just the Hulk kicking ass all across the universe. There's drama, but Hulk isn't made to look like a chump, nor is he sidelined in his own book.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Overall I love Coates writing non fiction writing and I think it's legitimately great. What I have a problem with is his fiction writing and his take on Black Panther and his mythos.

I still think people are giving him a pass because of his work outside of comics. He came onto the book as a non fan, basically said fukk this character and what fans of the character like and started tearing everything down to build up what HE felt the character should be in order for it to be enjoyable for him.

You can't tell me he'd have done some shyt like this to Wolverine or Spider-Man (two characters he loves). What's funny is, this guy has claimed he doesn't find stories where the hero is nigh invincible or doesn't struggle entertaining, but I CLEARLY remember Coates gushing over Planet Hulk and World War Hulk on twitter a couple of years before he started writing Black Panther. Both of those stories are just the Hulk kicking ass all across the universe. There's drama, but Hulk isn't made to look like a chump, nor is he sidelined in his own book.
All good and yeah I read interviews in preparation of him doing BP where he clearly stated he doesn't like monarchy and wants to tear that shyt down in the book. So if you are a fan of T'Challa the warrior king you are not going to like where he wants to go with this. He wants Wakanda to be a democracy.