teacher

All Star
Daps
I've always been interested in seeing thor and black panther interact, I wonder how it would take place in the movies.

They interacted during Priest's run. It was this crazy story where they ended up in the old west fighting Loki alongside a alternate future version of T'Challa.

they are both avengers so I'm sure they interacted plenty of times even prior to the priest joint since even during that encounter they both acted like they knew each other

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Nah. Guardians will just be coming out, Spider-Man in June and Thor in November.

No need to drop anything until after Guardians and Spidey have come out.

Plus they still filming and will have to do post production. No need to drop something when it's not ready.
It was said a long time ago we'd be getting a trailer around may-july

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:banderas: got these in the mail today!!!!

sljxnm.jpg

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verdict on The Crew yet? Maybe I'll head over to CBR

The title of the book is "Black Panther & The Crew" but Black Panther doesn't appear in the first issue at all. It's a Misty Knight focused issue, but it's a revamped version of Misty that's more like the version from the Luke Cage Netflix series. If you read this and The Sam Wilson book back to back you'd think there were two different versions of Misty Knight in the Marvel universe.

Coates really doesn't give a fukk about character voice. He's like Bendis in that regard except he doesn't make all the characters sound exactly the same, they just sound nothing like the versions we're used to.

Another funny thing about the issue is that Storm appears and Coates basically tries to give Storm deep ties to the black community. Historically Storm has been that Black person that doesn't fukk with other Black people for the most part. The most she's ever interacted with other Black characters was whenever she was in Black Panther's books. She seems very concerned about Harlem in this issue even though usually when she's in the X-Men comics Storm be on that "All lives matter" bullshyt. Now that I think about it has Storm ever interacted with or even mentioned her grandparents or cousin in the X-Men comics? Coates also does his usual bullshyt of making a character weaker instead of putting them against a greater threat.

As for the overall story.....It's actually good,easily the best comic we've seen with Coates name attached to it. It's detective story and the mystery presented in the issue is actually interesting. There's definitely some world building going on, but unlike in Black Panther it doesn't feel like anything is being torn down just for Coates to put his own stuff in place. Coates core weakness with comics really seems to be just respecting characters voices, he does HIS version of those characters and they don't mesh at all with the versions we see in other books.

The action is actually solid in this issue. I don't know if that's Coates improving or if it's Butch Guice being so experienced at crafting action scenes. It's also worth nothing that this story takes place BEFORE Coates Black Panther run, so when T'Challa shows up we'll likely be getting Wack Panther instead of the Real Black Panther.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Verdict on The Crew yet? Maybe I'll head over to CBR

if you like Captain America Sam Wilson you'll probably find the first issue interesting. Niccas calling cops pigs talking about we need to body pigs, Americop fukkery, #blackexcellence in spades :banderas:. My only beef is if you are going to use misty knight sam wilson shouldn't be that far behind though he did just quit in the recent CA sam Wilson, so maybe that could be the reason :jbhmm:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you like Captain America Sam Wilson you'll probably find the first issue interesting. Niccas calling cops pigs talking about we need to body pigs, Americop fukkery, #blackexcellence in spades :banderas:. My only beef is if you are going to use misty knight sam wilson shouldn't be that far behind though he did just quit in the recent CA sam Wilson, so maybe that could be the reason :jbhmm:

This series takes place in the past. It's before the black panther series and before Sam faced of against the Americans.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The title of the book is "Black Panther & The Crew" but Black Panther doesn't appear in the first issue at all. It's a Misty Knight focused issue, but it's a revamped version of Misty that's more like the version from the Luke Cage Netflix series. If you read this and The Sam Wilson book back to back you'd think there were two different versions of Misty Knight in the Marvel universe.

Coates really doesn't give a fukk about character voice. He's like Bendis in that regard except he doesn't make all the characters sound exactly the same, they just sound nothing like the versions we're used to.

Another funny thing about the issue is that Storm appears and Coates basically tries to give Storm deep ties to the black community. Historically Storm has been that Black person that doesn't fukk with other Black people for the most part. The most she's ever interacted with other Black characters was whenever she was in Black Panther's books. She seems very concerned about Harlem in this issue even though usually when she's in the X-Men comics Storm be on that "All lives matter" bullshyt. Now that I think about it has Storm ever interacted with or even mentioned her grandparents or cousin in the X-Men comics? Coates also does his usual bullshyt of making a character weaker instead of putting them against a greater threat.

As for the overall story.....It's actually good,easily the best comic we've seen with Coates name attached to it. It's detective story and the mystery presented in the issue is actually interesting. There's definitely some world building going on, but unlike in Black Panther it doesn't feel like anything is being torn down just for Coates to put his own stuff in place. Coates core weakness with comics really seems to be just respecting characters voices, he does HIS version of those characters and they don't mesh at all with the versions we see in other books.

The action is actually solid in this issue. I don't know if that's Coates improving or if it's Butch Guice being so experienced at crafting action scenes. It's also worth nothing that this story takes place BEFORE Coates Black Panther run, so when T'Challa shows up we'll likely be getting Wack Panther instead of the Real Black Panther.

Coates just sucks with fiction. And I doubt he's ever read comics a day in his life. He prob just Wiki'd everything.

Storm in Harlem? she may have been born there but she was raised in Egypt then an X-Man. I was skeptical when Misty showed up in BP, like WTF have they ever interacted. But Storm on some black uplifting ish? Does Storm even know Misty? Storm has only really ever GAF about her clique. Even with the X, if you ain't apart of her inner circle, you're like a redshirt to her. But if you read Gold, I like that version of Storm. It's where Storm should be in "I'm about us living for today BUT we also have to think about tomorrow." But in general, X-Men only care about their squad then mutants...in that order (cept the hero Cyke). Storm doing street level makes zero since unless she hanging out and getting caught up in some ish. Toss in Eli, Falcon, or Vic.

I miss Storm with Gambit...and Bishop.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
@nieman, Storm and Misty have interacted, back in the 70s-80s I think.

In fact, I think they met via Jean Grey (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Misty was Jean's roommate for a while.

I meant to go back and rephrase it. I know they've met...or at least I'm highly sure of it. Since they've been on the same panels before. But I don't recall them ever being on missions, adventures or anything together. Granted, I didn't get into comics until early 90's and had to go back and research older stuff, but it just seems like an odd pairing. Either way, I like the push Misty's been getting over the past 8-10 years. But Storm isn't a street level. She's world level, even though she fits into hood stories because of her background.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@nieman, to add on to my previous post, found this scan:

panel_pmif57_3.jpg

Misty not only knew Storm, she knew other X-Men as well.

EDIT: just saw your most recent post. The pairing isn't too odd, imho, as they knew each other for a while now. As for where Storm fits in this, guess it's a matter of how the story goes (whether it stays at street level or expands to something more). We'll find out soon.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@nieman, Storm and Misty have interacted, back in the 70s-80s I think.

In fact, I think they met via Jean Grey (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Misty was Jean's roommate for a while.

This is correct, they knew each other in passing because of Jean. Misty was also there (along with Luke Cage) when Storm went back to Harlem that one time.

T'Challa is the one that has little to no previous dealings with Misty. With that said Misty and Storm damn sure aint friends. Like I said Storm has typically been shown as that Black Person that doesn't fukk with most other black folks.