Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They said well before filming began that they were going to film in Africa. People are just assuming they're not because they're not filming in 3 different locations at once. production just started.

I do remember seeing some instagram pics a while back of filming locations that were in Africa, so I was a bit surprised when folks were saying that they won't be filming in Africa in the end.

In the end, what matters is that (among other things) the sets looks right, regardless of where they film.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree they won't show it by then.

However, the NBA finals would only be a month from D23.

Yeah, the time frame matches up, but the stuff that's shown at D23 is ONLY shown at D23. That stuff never leaks because Disney security is so tight. The first footage for Civil War was released there and nobody there leaked it. I think some gifs got leaked months later but they were from someone involved in the visual effects for the film.

I do remember seeing some instagram pics a while back of filming locations that were in Africa, so I was a bit surprised when folks were saying that they won't be filming in Africa in the end.

In the end, what matters is that (among other things) the sets looks right, regardless of where they film.

The reporting surrounding these movies pisses me off most of the time. A lot of speculation and rumor get spread around as fact. I still remember people claiming Wakanda was in Age of Ultron, that Scarlet Witch was in Dr Strange, and that Cap was going to die in Civil War.

Most of these people just do basic research and make guesses based on what happens in some of the comics.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, the time frame matches up, but the stuff that's shown at D23 is ONLY shown at D23. That stuff never leaks because Disney security is so tight. The first footage for Civil War was released there and nobody there leaked it. I think some gifs got leaked months later but they were from someone involved in the visual effects for the film.

The reporting surrounding these movies pisses me off most of the time. A lot of speculation and rumor get spread around as fact. I still remember people claiming Wakanda was in Age of Ultron, that Scarlet Witch was in Dr Strange, and that Cap was going to die in Civil War.

Most of these people just do basic research and make guesses based on what happens in some of the comics.
Oh I agree.
Luckily BP comes out in February so they'll keep the trend of releasing trailers about 6 months out.

I do think its important they do more publicity for this movie than any other before it. Usually comic book movies don't release in February and they gotta sell this movie harder than other ones :mjpls: . I mean they don't even need to release a trailer Infinity War for it to do a billion. I would love it if BP had heavy marketing.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Samuel L. Jackson Open To Doing A Nick Fury Movie, May Be In Captain Marvel

"Yeah, I’d love to do a Nick Fury movie. I’m always open and game. But they got Infinity Wars, two movies to do there, and after that there’s Brie [Larson’s] movie Captain Marvel, which maybe [Nick] will be part of. Also, I asked them, “So you’re doing Black Panther and the only black character in the Marvel Universe is not showing up?” And they’re like, “Nick Fury is not in Wakanda!” How can he not know the other black superhero on the planet? How the hell does that work? But they just said, “No you’re not in that one.”

Seems like he wanted to be in it and they told him no.

Lol at him forgetting about Mackie and Cheadle though - must be looking at this quote like :mjcry:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Had to stop reading that Coates bullshyt around #5 or #6. shyt is just disappointment after you had such high hopes. To keep reading is like being letdown repeatedly. Hopefully, the movie redeems this bs.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I have every fukking issue of Priest's run AND the trades.

Has T'Challa struggled to balance being a good King and a good man? Yes, that struggle is one of my favorite things about the character.

Has T'Challa always felt a level of insecurity about about living up to the idea of his father? Yes, again, an aspect of the character I've always loved.

fukking Coates has been hammering home the idea that T'Challa never even wanted to be King, which is bullshyt and a direct contradiction of previous comments T'Challa had made. Hickman showed T'Challa saying outright to Bast that he wanted to be King again. Then you have Coates basically retconning Priest's reasoning for T'Challa joining the Avengers on some "Oh I was just lying to myself about why I joined the Avengers".

Saying that "Coates is doing nothing different other than making shyt stick" is bullshyt. Coates is literally rewriting Wakandan history and restructuring their political system. Coates made it a point to take Shuri off the board just so he could completely change her character and personality. And mind you, he came on board and gave interviews saying he planned on changing things because there was a bunch of shyt that he didn't like or think made sense because it wasn't "realistic".

If you've never liked T'Challa trying to balance being a King and a superhero that's is what that is, but PLENTY of people clearly like and love that aspect of the character. T'Challa being king is what draws many people to the character, Marvel Studios and Ryan Coogler have been touting that as being one of the most interesting things about the character for year. You take the throne from T'Challa and he suddenly occupies the same space as every other caped hero.

The critiques about Coates making T'Challa weaker and less capable are valid because Coates himself said that's what he was planning to do. From the jump he said didn't like T'Challa being so capable and wanted to see him struggle. As I've said repeatedly it's fine to show T'Challa struggling and overcoming the odds, but you don't do that by making T'Challa weaker and dumber. Coates has one a piss poor job of getting across T'Challa as a tactical genius and it's just being waved away with the lame "He's distracted" excuse. Some of the things T'Challa has done during Coates run have been downright dumb. By Coates own admission he's not good as scripting action scenes and it comes through in how T'Challa is shown fighting, struggling, and the stupid usage of that new power.

And for the record, most of the terrible shyt that has happened to Wakanda in recent years has happened when T'Challa WASN'T King. When Doom attacked Wakanda and stole the Vibranium Shuri was in charge, when Wakanda was flooded by Namor Shuri was in charge, when Thanos and the black order attacked Wakanda Shuri was in charge, when the Kingpin nearly staged a financial coup of Wakanda Shuri was in charge. As you said T'Challa fought god Doom and saved all of existence and it was a mission handed down to him by Bast itself.

Lol basically.
Look, if you a Coates apologist, do you. :manny: But tryna come at long-time BP fans tellin us you annoyed by us or tryna give us history lessons :mjlol:... leave the thread if you don't like the tone here :hubie:

But the movie is being based off Priest's T'Challa :mjgrin:
Chadwick is a Priest stan who champions that T'Challa :mjgrin:

So all you LGBT and Shuri stans capin for Coates, i get it. and good for you. But yea.. we gon talk shyt about Coates and we gon salute what Chadwick did with Civil War and what both him and Coogler are cookin up for the movie ("a king first, superhero second :shaq:")

Outside of that... :manny:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Haven't read Coates run other than the first two issues, but from what I've heard, if you favor Coate's writing youre a beta male.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did Sam dirty. smh. He should have had a decent sized role. I'm guessing his Fury role pretty much went to Freeman's character?

Nah, the reason they gave for keeping Fury out of the movie actually made sense. If Fury had been there shyt wouldn't have gotten so out of control. It was sort of the same reason Fury wasn't involved with Civil War in the comics.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Comic book sales update: Comichron: January 2017 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops

BP #9: 39k

BP #10: 38k

BP is finally leveling out. His book is doing okay, all things considered..

==

BP: WoW #3: 25k

Better than I thought. Has it leveled out, or will it drop more? We'll find out next month.

==

Ultimates^2 #3: 24k

Looks like this title simply won't be a big seller. Destined to be in the mid to low 20s it appears.

================

For those wondering, other Black heroes:

Invinsible Iron-Man #3: 44k.

Riri had a good start but sales are dropping kinda quick. Hopefully she levels out in the 30s.:jbhmm:

Mosaic #4: 11k

RIP Mosaic :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Power Man & Iron Fist #12: 18k

Damn :francis:

Cage: 18k :martin:

Sam Wilson #18: 21k.
Low number but he lasted 18 issues. Hopefully it stays above 20k the rest of the way.:patrice:

Vixen #1: 29k
This book is gonna drop hard and quick:stopitslime:

Cyborg #18: 18k

:picard:

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Lol basically.
Look, if you a Coates apologist, do you. :manny: But tryna come at long-time BP fans tellin us you annoyed by us or tryna give us history lessons :mjlol:... leave the thread if you don't like the tone here :hubie:

But the movie is being based off Priest's T'Challa :mjgrin:
Chadwick is a Priest stan who champions that T'Challa :mjgrin:

So all you LGBT and Shuri stans capin for Coates, i get it. and good for you. But yea.. we gon talk shyt about Coates and we gon salute what Chadwick did with Civil War and what both him and Coogler are cookin up for the movie ("a king first, superhero second :shaq:")

Outside of that... :manny:
:ehh:pretty much
XnA4BVo_zpsw7aji6qy.png

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Nick Fury has had like 1 great scene in the entire universe(the attack on him in Winter Soldier.) We don't need Sam Samming up every friggin movie. Dude is in every. friggin. movie! i'm kinda sick of his face to be perfectly honest. I mean, come on, does he really need to be in the new Kong? Let some new people get shine already. We're past the point where we need a character like Fury to play a connective tissue role. And before anyone says it, no, they should never let Coulson back in a movie.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Nick Fury has had like 1 great scene in the entire universe(the attack on him in Winter Soldier.) We don't need Sam Samming up every friggin movie. Dude is in every. friggin. movie! i'm kinda sick of his face to be perfectly honest. I mean, come on, does he really need to be in the new Kong? Let some new people get shine already. We're past the point where we need a character like Fury to play a connective tissue role. And before anyone says it, no, they should never let Coulson back in a movie.

Damn, why not? :ld:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The critiques about Coates making T'Challa weaker and less capable are valid because Coates himself said that's what he was planning to do. From the jump he said didn't like T'Challa being so capable

Wait, the said this shyt? :snoop:

This dude is looking funny in the light.

Imagine the vitriol from the feminist community if a female writer decided to make Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel less strong and less competent. They wouldn't hear the end of it. BP isn't Superman. He's a fukking human, a mortal, if you're have to compromise iconic and traditional key traits in order present a "struggle" then maybe you're aren't as good writer as you thought.