Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought I was the only one thinking that...some generic Goon #1 - 5 and they need help?

Maybe because T'Challa himself has struggled at times to fend off those same goons. At least in those panels he wasn't getting smacked in the head just to use that dumb kinetic force power.

But yeah, T'Challa assuming Shuri needs help is wack, Shuri has proven herself to be a capable fighter for YEARS, she was the previous Black Panther. Even as an older brother (even though now Shuri is older and wiser :rudy:) T'Challa would know that Shuri can handle herself in a fight.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
and it's fukking annoying. Coates is adding more dimension to the character something that hasn't been done since Priest's run. nikkas want T'challa to be this perfect beacon of black excellence and he's not. He's has his faults and insecurities like everyone else. Coates is finally letting readers know It's Tchalla's fault (something that i have been saying for years) for the recent events of black panther and for things to be right he's gonna have to give up that throne and stop pretending to be something he is not, which is a king.

He was always afraid to be king, I remember when he was having counsels with Magneto and Doom in which they was calling him out of his moves and his leadership.. All Im saying is if anyone here read priest's run they would know that it's always been a internal conflict with t'challa and him being king. Coates is doing nothing different other than making shyt stick and finally letting my man be a super hero and his sister become queen.

Coates is a shytty comic book writer. He's an excellent writer, but he sucks with comicbooks and seemingly fiction altogether. Maybe it'll come with time, but that's the truth. Not only does it seem like he wasn't a fan of comic books, he also seems not to have a grasp of the character. This whole ish reads like a bad reboot with easter eggs to the lore that the comic book fans love. No one has any problems with the struggles, the L's, the confusion, but it's how they are appearing. Like I've said, T'Challa's constant defining trait is that he's always confident in his actions. Even if he's deliberating on what to do, asking his council, he takes those into consideration and does what he wants to do. He's a master tactician that believes his move is the best play. That's always been the case. This dude is basically fumbling over his worlds, stumbling over what to do with Wakanda...and over what? This ish that has been dragged out through 10 issues is nothing compared to what he's been through before.

If this was Cap being treated like this, the writer would be shytted on unanimously

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
G5LzrGl.png

ReWZp.gif
tumblr_mmhm3hb8hD1rp5mhgo4_r2_250_zpskjyjv4z9.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In fairness to Coates he was a comic book fan well before getting the job on Black Panther. Dude was a huge Spider-Man and X-Men fan. He even did an examination of some comics for the Atlantic. He definitely wasn't a Black Panther fan though, he said the character wasn't even on his radar until VERY recently and he quickly had to do research before taking the job (and he admitted he still missed some things).

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Coates is a shytty comic book writer. He's an excellent writer, but he sucks with comicbooks and seemingly fiction altogether. Maybe it'll come with time, but that's the truth. Not only does it seem like he wasn't a fan of comic books, he also seems not to have a grasp of the character. This whole ish reads like a bad reboot with easter eggs to the lore that the comic book fans love. No one has any problems with the struggles, the L's, the confusion, but it's how they are appearing. Like I've said, T'Challa's constant defining trait is that he's always confident in his actions. Even if he's deliberating on what to do, asking his council, he takes those into consideration and does what he wants to do. He's a master tactician that believes his move is the best play. That's always been the case. This dude is basically fumbling over his worlds, stumbling over what to do with Wakanda...and over what? This ish that has been dragged out through 10 issues is nothing compared to what he's been through before.

If this was Cap being treated like this, the writer would be shytted on unanimously
Cap is a nazi at the moment people are pissed :russ::russ::russ::mjlol::deadmanny:
4BzAvRi_zpslnatbwds.png
told y'all he doesn't deserve that shield

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Cap is a nazi at the moment people are pissed :russ::russ::russ::mjlol::deadmanny:
4BzAvRi_zpslnatbwds.png
told y'all he doesn't deserve that shield

most of the people upset that cap is secretly hydra arent reading it. despite being part of a terrorist organization, cap is still very much who he was before he was altered.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I know most if not everyone dropped BP WOW but issue 4 is starting to get good gives you insight on the Rape camps and why T'challa knew nothing about them.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
still mad dat the majority isnt in africa you'd think theyd film there fukk asia

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
still mad dat the majority isnt in africa you'd think theyd film there fukk asia

Low key, it actually a great idea to film scenes in Asia. Very large market over there, with China being the biggest of course.

I do wish they would film in Africa though (could be wrong on this one, someone let me know). Perhaps that will finally happen during the sequel.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope they can show a trailer or teaser during the NBA Finals....that reaction would be :krs:

It's waaaay too soon for any footage to be released or for their to be any trailers. The movie isn't set to come out for a year. The earliest we'll see any footage will be at either San Diego Comic Con or that D23 event that Disney holds every year.

Low key, it actually a great idea to film scenes in Asia. Very large market over there, with China being the biggest of course.

I do wish they would film in Africa though (could be wrong on this one, someone let me know). Perhaps that will finally happen during the sequel.

They said well before filming began that they were going to film in Africa. People are just assuming they're not because they're not filming in 3 different locations at once. production just started.

It's wild to me how many of these videos that I see where people just outright make shyt up. There is no "Ring of leadership" in the comics and nobody has said anything about that being a thing in the films. Also that guy made it a point to say T'Challa isn't as smart as Tony Stark even though in the comics he's consistently been shown as being just as smart as Tony.

I swear you can tell people just skim wikipedia and fill in the blanks with whatever they want. I'm also noticing that in a lot of these vids people mainly reference the stuff that happened in Hickman's run and assume that's where the film will draw most of it's inspiration from, even though they're CLEARLY drawing more from the Priest run and Coogler has said they'll draw mostly from Priest.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's waaaay too soon for any footage to be released or for their to be any trailers. The movie isn't set to come out for a year. The earliest we'll see any footage will be at either San Diego Comic Con or that D23 event that Disney holds every year.

They said well before filming began that they were going to film in Africa. People are just assuming they're not because they're not filming in 3 different locations at once. production just started.

It's wild to me how many of these videos that I see where people just outright make shyt up. There is no "Ring of leadership" in the comics and nobody has said anything about that being a thing in the films. Also that guy made it a point to say T'Challa isn't as smart as Tony Stark even though in the comics he's consistently been shown as being just as smart as Tony.

I swear you can tell people just skim wikipedia and fill in the blanks with whatever they want. I'm also noticing that in a lot of these vids people mainly reference the stuff that happened in Hickman's run and assume that's where the film will draw most of it's inspiration from, even though they're CLEARLY drawing more from the Priest run and Coogler has said they'll draw mostly from Priest.
I agree they won't show it by then.

However, the NBA finals would only be a month from D23.