Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'm curious if they're even going to mention the accords on The Defenders :jbhmm:
I think it was faintly mentioned but highly doubt attention would be paid to it.

perlmutter is gone I believe and isn't it Loeb that is the tv's feige equivalent?
Perlmutter is Loebs boss and signs off on decisions which is why Captain America is the Flag wearer and Hulk is the "Green guy".

teacher

All Star
Daps
nobody talking about issue 11 ? The master tactician is byke ! Action could of been better but it was still satisfying :blessed:
t'challa should just keep the dead around unless there's some draw back to it.

what issue did t'chall get that power anyway?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You a damn lie if you're saying this book was an example of T'Challa being a master tactician again. The plan in this book was just as simpleminded as the one he had before, only difference is now he used the KOTD powers instead of calling in the crew.

Yall stay gassing this bullshyt up to be more than what it is. There's no fukking drama or tension in this shyt because things never feels dire. You never get a sense that they're overwhelmed to any degree so calling in the dead seems unnecessary (just like when The Crew showed up). It's also another example of T'Challa getting someone else to do shyt that he easily could have done himself but never really attempted to do at any point.

As for when he got those powers it was years ago, but he really only used those powers twice before. Hickman introduced them during his Fantastic Four run, you see T'Challa talking to his ancestors in New Avengers, and you see that T'Challa can control the dead/zombies in Secret Wars.

teacher

All Star
Daps
what issue nicca, obviously it was years ago. I want title & numbers so I can get the issue. Nobody is gassing sh!t up just happy to see one of my favorite characters catch a W in a way that doesn't divide the country and at the same time schooling the youth that you cant do it all by yourself even the best need help. The changamire thing you did not see coming stop fronting :stopitslime:

it seems Coates is heavily influenced by Naruto. We got the first hokage (tetu), itachi(shuri), talk no jutsu (changamire) w/ tchalla being a knuckle head at times (Naruto) :mjgrin:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Bout to check #11 in a few

That World of Wakanda shyt at least threw a semi interesting cliffhanger in the last one so thats good I guess

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what issue nicca, obviously it was years ago. I want title & numbers so I can get the issue.

The fact that you haven't read those books explains why some of the shyt Coates is doing doesn't bother you. T'Challa becomes "King of the Dead" in Fantastic Four #608. In that same issue you see T'Challa telling Bast outright that he wants to be King and that he wants to rule again, but now Coates has T'Challa on some "I never wanted to be king" bullshyt, even though we saw him saying the exact opposite.

We don't see him use the "King of the Dead" Powers in any way until New Avengers #18 when he's consulting previous Black Panther's about whether or not he should kill other superheroes or commit an act of genocide to save the universe. See the thing that Coates keeps playing up about T'Challa's ancestors turning their back on him? That was because T'Challa couldn't bring himself to commit genocide on the scale of BILLIONS.

We don't see T'Challa controlling zombies till Secret Wars #7 and it doesn't happen until the end. T'Challa leads and army of superhuman zombies to fight God Doom.

Nobody is gassing sh!t up just happy to see one of my favorite characters catch a W in a way that doesn't divide the country and at the same time schooling the youth that you cant do it all by yourself even the best need help.

Your exact words were "The master tactician is byke!" but there aint shyt in this issue that points to T'Challa being a master tactician again. The plan was basic as fukk, and just a variation to the same lame ass plan he used to out Stane. This shyt is not clever by nay measurement. I don't mind him needing assistance if the threat necessitates it and if the plan is actually brilliant.

If you want Master tactician T'Challa go read "Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive - Kingpin of Wakanda" where T'Challa takes on Wilson fix. T'Challa has other heroes show up to help in that story too, only the plan is actually dope, the action is great, and the stakes feel real. It's significantly better than this bullshyt Coates is doing.

The changamire thing you did not see coming stop fronting :stopitslime:

Who the fukk couldn't see the Changmire shyt coming, it's been telegraphed for multiple issues now. T'Challa went to go as him for help in the LAST issue.

And now that i think about it, the last issue we saw Wakandan aircraft and tanks ready to go to war, we don't see any of that shyt in this latest issue. Most of the time it seems like there's at most 2 dozen people fighting in an empty field or city. Like I said there are no stakes to this shyt, it feels hollow. We've seen T'Challa deal with similar threats in the past and it seemed like a much bigger deal.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
nobody talking about issue 11 ? The master tactician is byke ! Action could of been better but it was still satisfying :blessed:
t'challa should just keep the dead around unless there's some draw back to it.

what issue did t'chall get that power anyway?

Action was not up to par as it needed to be. Coates and his artists def gotta fix that soon.

Portrayals were good overall.

That moment towards the end of the issue. That shyt made me happy :obama:

Def not the best issue of the run, and it has a huuuuuuge action scene problem that brings the quality of the issue down. Probably the most flawed issue perhaps.

Yet, it's my favorite Coates run issue to date. I got mad lucky with those moments towards the end, really really liked them a lot. I'll remember #11 purely cuz of them.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
For the ending to have made up for all the bullshyt of the past year Coates was going to have absolutely MURDER the landing..

He didn't.

It was an OK issue when it needed to be a CLASSIC issue.

The very end was good, bordering on great. I'll give Coates the fact that he knows how to really end an issue.

But the action was confusing and almost boring
Shuri's parts were confusing
Tetu was more annoying than menacing
Changamaire needed an EPIC speech to make up for all the fukkery he caused in the name of simping
And letting Zenzi go? Are you fukking kidding me? The woman T'Challa vowed to kill in issue 1? WTF is up with that?
Midnight Angels didn't make an appearance (after all that "No One Man" talk)

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
As previously iterated, the action is the weakest part of this book. I think it falters even more prominently here due to this being the "final showdown".. But we knew this from the jump about Coates' weakest link.

The narration was dope. You could feel the culmination of it all finally chugging towards its end. How this whole conflict is not really about T'challa but the the soul of
Wakanda itself.
The spiritual reunion with T'chaka, Zuri, W'kabi, etc. :wow:

Shuri clearly in charge of everything.

I expected more tenacity from Tetu. It seemed too easy. It's funny that neither him nor Zenzi are killed off. I wonder what's Coates' rationale is behind that.

And Zenzi is shown to not be captured. :patrice:

teacher

All Star
Daps
The fact that you haven't read those books explains why some of the shyt Coates is doing doesn't bother you. T'Challa becomes "King of the Dead" in Fantastic Four #608. In that same issue you see T'Challa telling Bast outright that he wants to be King and that he wants to rule again, but now Coates has T'Challa on some "I never wanted to be king" bullshyt, even though we saw him saying the exact opposite.

We don't see him use the "King of the Dead" Powers in any way until New Avengers #18 when he's consulting previous Black Panther's about whether or not he should kill other superheroes or commit an act of genocide to save the universe. See the thing that Coates keeps playing up about T'Challa's ancestors turning their back on him? That was because T'Challa couldn't bring himself to commit genocide on the scale of BILLIONS.

We don't see T'Challa controlling zombies till Secret Wars #7 and it doesn't happen until the end. T'Challa leads and army of superhuman zombies to fight God Doom.

Your exact words were "The master tactician is byke!" but there aint shyt in this issue that points to T'Challa being a master tactician again. The plan was basic as fukk, and just a variation to the same lame ass plan he used to out Stane. This shyt is not clever by nay measurement. I don't mind him needing assistance if the threat necessitates it and if the plan is actually brilliant.

If you want Master tactician T'Challa go read "Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive - Kingpin of Wakanda" where T'Challa takes on Wilson fix. T'Challa has other heroes show up to help in that story too, only the plan is actually dope, the action is great, and the stakes feel real. It's significantly better than this bullshyt Coates is doing.

Who the fukk couldn't see the Changmire shyt coming, it's been telegraphed for multiple issues now. T'Challa went to go as him for help in the LAST issue.

And now that i think about it, the last issue we saw Wakandan aircraft and tanks ready to go to war, we don't see any of that shyt in this latest issue. Most of the time it seems like there's at most 2 dozen people fighting in an empty field or city. Like I said there are no stakes to this shyt, it feels hollow. We've seen T'Challa deal with similar threats in the past and it seemed like a much bigger deal.

The things Coates does doesn't bother me because it isn't that serious to me, it's just a comic book. Thanks for the issue # I actually have it just never read it :yeshrug: and he seems to embrace the king of the dead thing at least :ld: But I will say master tactician because this time he wasn't caught by surprise by anything except maybe shuri's powers, he had a plan A,B,C and I think that's the first time this run that's happened. Every time he came with a plan before something unexpected happened that fukked it up. That's all I wanted it didn't need to be super complicated. It's funny you bring up the most dangerous man alive because that Run closely resembles this one IMO w/ man without fear being the first half which IMO is a lack luster portrayal of t'challa until he gets his 'groove' back after killing/beating white wolf. With Liss explaining what he did by saying Writers want to see heroes struggle and overcome L's while fans want their heroes to just catch W's. Personally I didn't expect them to have Changamire broadcasted to the people a little corny but it worked. I just thought he was going to be strictly in an advisory role :manny:. I agree nothing really felt to urgent but it was, not sure what Coates needed to do to make it feel more urgent I think it just has to do with T'challa just recently saved the multiverse and going toe to toe with God Doom and Namor it's like Tetu can't be a problem for him. People are downplaying the political aspect of this run which really never got that developed except for the battle royale to become black panther. Coates definitely added more depth to that aspect instead of it being just black & white (no pun intended :mjgrin:)

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
mESDTpA.jpg

:blessed:

aVD2Bnn.jpg

:beli:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Really liked that panel :obama:

:russ::russ::russ:

But yo, have you heard Lil B's track they used for the BP #10 recap? With a bit more practice, breh could serious score some shows/movies in the future:leon:
That panel was great!

And nah. Only thing Ive ever heard from homie is that fukk Kevin Durant song
:russ: