Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
damn hope they do shoot in africa its like how u gone make a movie bout a goat african society but not film in africa :dahell:
I guess they're going to lift some shots from South Korea :patrice:.....they must have had problems getting filming permits in Africa :francis::manny:

I was shocked at how real Jungle Book looked. Disney pulled it off before. I wouldn't be surprised if they go this route. :yeshrug:

Can't forget the post credit scene as well.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Hold up.. Nothing in Africa. :gucci: @Ziggiy @Ironman
The rumored shots in Brazil out the window too?

Are they about to CGI Wakanda :hhh::francis:

I mean...the Jungle Book succeeded using nothing but CGI...but damn.
They went to locations in South Africa I believe or another area. Casting call was said to want African born people no way would they avoid that :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm not sure how Klaw fits in since his primary connection to T'Challa is killing his father:jbhmm:
In the MCU, he's the dude that managed to steal a notable amount of vibranium from Wakanda. He might put it to good use and the Wakandans will def remember him.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we got:

Klaw
Killmonger
Nakia
Man-Ape

There's too many villains here and I have no idea how Coogler is going to juggle them. It's a concern for me, really. They should keep the first movie simple and focused.

doublex

Pro
Daps
So we got:

Klaw
Killmonger
Nakia
Man-Ape

There's too many villains here and I have no idea how Coogler is going to juggle them. It's a concern for me, really. They should keep the first movie simple and focused.

Nakia and Man-Ape aren't villains yet in the first movie, they're allies.

Lupita already revealed at SDCC last year that there are only two villains in this movie:

The story of this Black Panther is - what am I allowed to say? The story is that the Black Panther's leadership is really threatened by two foes who come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy.

What Black Panther Will Be About, According To Lupita Nyong'o - CINEMABLEND

doublex

Pro
Daps
C29Q82tXAAAPcLH.jpg

Lupita still keeping her Nakia hairstyle a secret.

I don't think it will be a shaved head like Danai's and Florence's.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
BLAP2016010_int2-15.jpeg

SHURI LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON THOSE SMUG DORA bytchES AND PUTTING THEM IN THEIR PLACE:damn::ahh::lolbron:

Shuri: So you jambazi bytches thought you could get away with trying to overthrow the kingdom, huh? :gucci:

Dora's ::gladbron: WAIT... QUEEN SHURI WE DIDN'T MEAN TO-- :whoa:

Shuri: You either get down, or you lay down...:demonic:

The Dora's: But you won't you eventually have us arrested and have tried and convicted for treason?

Shuri: Yes.. and..? :demonic:

The Dora's: :sadcam::manny:

:dead::dead::dead:

Lol, good breakdown of their convo, you summarized it to a T.

Finally seeing them getting taken down a peg by the one and only Queen of Wakanda after all their meandering and chest-beating. :whew: Shuri out here acting more wiser T'challa in the span of mere minutes of stepping out the chamber. The Djalia really turned her into a Super Saiyan Wakandan. i can see her commanding over the final fight. She's come a long way, Coates is doing a good job of progressing her characther.

I wonder if the royal council will stick to charging them with treason after all of this is over?

Both Shuri and T'Challa had good showings in this book. Several folks were hoping that T'Challa would encounter the Midnight Angels, but honestly, what good would that do? Shuri had to be real aggressive just for them to listen to her. They wouldn't even give T'Challa a chance. It would've been a fight from the jump, and the MAs and their followers would feel inspired and all that.

Getting the MAs back to the fold required a good amount of aggressiveness combined with outright threats, something Shuri is good at (see the Desturi in Doomwar and the Wakandan-Atlantis war). Meanwhile, getting Changamire on monarchy's side required a good amount of diplomacy and guiding Changamire towards a certain direction without putting hands or bloodshed, something T'Challa has shown to be good at throughout his publication history.

The monarchy got some well-needed Ws this issue.

And yeah this was easily one of the strongest issues in this entire arc. Everything was on point. A real page turner, where you felt the weight of anticipation in every scene. Coates' dialogue is really the backbone of the intrigue here, it's so top-notch it's crazy. Everything goes right thematically like @Realdealholy says out. Faintly dissapointed action is not one Coates' strong suits.

But as a political thriller -- and as something that delves deeply into the heart of Wakanda, make no mistake this book succeeds.

Next issue is finally the beginning of the end.

As crazy as it sounds, I can def see this run translating very well on television, especially with a few tweaks to the script.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Yea I'm still trying to figure this out. I guess maybe Klaw could be baron strucker or Crossbones status where he's just the villain to open the movie.

Then again I can't see Killmonger and M'Baku partnering up. Unless one of them is setting up a double cross later.

I can see m Baku and killmonger teaming up on some my enemies enemy is my man type sh!t then turning on each other after their ultimate goal is accomplished :manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They went to locations in South Africa I believe or another area. Casting call was said to want African born people no way would they avoid that :patrice:
The might just want actors to look the part in a certain location.
So we got:

Klaw
Killmonger
Nakia
Man-Ape

A couple of them will probably just be world building. I wouldn't be surprised if Nakia becomes BP's Loki.
I can see m Baku and killmonger teaming up on some my enemies enemy is my man type sh!t then turning on each other after their ultimate goal is accomplished :manny:
Possible.

I think all parties see that T'Challa and Wakanda as vulnerable and try to make their move.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
How was Shuri's characterization? Does she read like a different character or is she still confident, borderline arrogant, and hot-headed?

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
:dead::dead::dead:

Lol, good breakdown of their convo, you summarized it to a T.

Both Shuri and T'Challa had good showings in this book. Several folks were hoping that T'Challa would encounter the Midnight Angels, but honestly, what good would that do? Shuri had to be real aggressive just for them to listen to her. They wouldn't even give T'Challa a chance. It would've been a fight from the jump, and the MAs and their followers would feel inspired and all that.

Getting the MAs back to the fold required a good amount of aggressiveness combined with outright threats, something Shuri is good at (see the Desturi in Doomwar and the Wakandan-Atlantis war). Meanwhile, getting Changamire on monarchy's side required a good amount of diplomacy and guiding Changamire towards a certain direction without putting hands or bloodshed, something T'Challa has shown to be good at throughout his publication history.

The monarchy got some well-needed Ws this issue.

As crazy as it sounds, I can def see this run translating very well on television, especially with a few tweaks to the script.

Yeah when it comes to just outright threatening people, Shuri is leagues above T'challa. T'challa is more cerebral and quiet with his negotiation skills.

And I believe it was discussed awhile ago that the reasonings behind the MA's revolt were amplified by the death of Shuri, and that they would have never had a problem with the monarchy to this degree if Shuri was still alive and still queen. The MAs had a feminist bent against T'challa. It was so obvious that Shuri is really the missing link to all their mess.

You're right that T'challa was really being T'challa during his talk with Changamire. Coates really stayed truth to the strengths of these 2 characthers. But I also suspect some people are offput by T'challa sort of weakly admitting that the country needs to "change" and openly admitting his flaws.

like a lot of people have said, this whole arc probably reads perfectly as a standalone paperback volume than an issue by issue. No one can really deny Coates' writing skill. If this plot was ever put on screen... :ohhh:

How was Shuri's characterization? Does she read like a different character or is she still confident, borderline arrogant, and hot-headed?

The way she came at Ayo and Aneko she's definitely still the same brazen, arrogant badass before entering the Djalia. Her wisdom appears more amplified though, more zen. Like she's in equilibrium of all her strengths. Imo, Coates stayed true. Definitely the same old Shuri to me.