Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That Hudlin retcon :francis:

The one Hudlin retcon I fukked with from the jump (had to embrace the others) :obama:.

-Wakanda advancing in part because one of their own went overseas, got educated overseas, and brought back that foreign knowledge with him to kickstart the country...I get why one would like that, but it never sat right with me. Much prefered that Wakanda evolved via its own means and also as a collective, rather than due to the acts of one individual.

-T'Challa trying to live up to T'Chaka's name, which made sense before, makes even more sense now.

-That the bar was already set pretty high and that T'Challa raised that bar is a testament of his accomplishment. In a line of great leaders, T'Challa upped the standard and, more importantly, did it his way.

I feel the retcon was, indirectly, a plus to T'Challa but that's just me:yeshrug:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
A lot of the detractors for Coates' T'challa (mostly us fans) base their critque in the notion that T'challa is not "what he's supposed to be";, aka a mentally firm, unstoppable force of black excellence. A lot claim that T'challa is being portrayed as weak, a tad less cunning and ultimately presented as an inferior form of his older self.

A lot of people are turned off by the upcoming idea of T'challa turning the monarchy into a "democracy". But in a way this would be concurrent in what you've described T'challa as. A liberal, progressive thinker in comparison to his predecessors and the majority of his countrymen.

I'm guessing when push comes to shove, most would be in favor of Shuri than T'challa?

From an ideological standpoint? I'd say it depends on how each fan feels Wakanda should be headed, especially in terms of foreign policy.

Many fans often hope that Wakanda will be an influential nation that guides the world towards a certain direction, something T'Challa has hoped to achieve. It is a very ambitious undertaking (both due to external and internal reasons) and it makes a lot of sense in the long term. Hence Wakanda interacting a lot more with the outside world under his reign and the recent collaborations with Alpha flight and the Ultimates, along with previous (and current) collaborations with the avengers and other non-Wakandan groups.

Other fans prefer that Wakanda goes its own way and continues to evolve on its own. The lines of communication with the outside world are still open and Wakanda isn't as hostile to foreigners as before, but unless there is a direct benefit of foreign assistance or an immediate need for it, Wakanda keeps it moving. That's more or less how Shuri's reign went.

Personally, I feel both philosophies should meet somewhere in the middle. The new and old ways meeting halfway would be ideal. As a result, new ideas can be brought to the table and the Wakandan government and people would be much less resistant to said new ideas than they usually are.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Lets all hope
I'd be surprised if he dies. That's too much of a good investment to lose after one movie unless MBJ himself decided he was done with it.

If anything, I would wonder who the sequels would focus on villain-wise and how they would mesh the other heroes joining the fray. At some point it will be like the Thor movie where other heroes will be lumped in.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I'd be surprised if he dies. That's too much of a good investment to lose after one movie unless MBJ himself decided he was done with it.

If anything, I would wonder who the sequels would focus on villain-wise and how they would mesh the other heroes joining the fray. At some point it will be like the Thor movie where other heroes will be lumped in.

Aint no one watching Black Panther to see MBJ breh :gucci:

The fukk is wrong with you? :hhh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So we got:

Klaw
Killmonger
Nakia
Man-Ape

There's too many villains here and I have no idea how Coogler is going to juggle them. It's a concern for me, really. They should keep the first movie simple and focused.
they are setting up a story. everybody wont be fighting t'challa right off rip. nikkas rip on marvel for the villains it looks like coogs is setting us up to actually have a good story for them

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
they are setting up a story. everybody wont be fighting t'challa right off rip. nikkas rip on marvel for the villains it looks like coogs is setting us up to actually have a good story for them

Exactly

I'd be surprised if the M'Baku actor even dons the Gorilla outfit in this first movie.

It'll be Klaw/Kilmonger with hints of Nakia/M'Baku for the sequels

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
need tchalla to be spittin straight ether and knowledge on fools, i wanna see that genius intellect and combat savvy...four steps ahead :damn: hope we see bast (probably after his first beatdown by killomonger and hes on the brink of death...then he tlks to his dad through the panther connection or whatever its called :banderas: