Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Forgot about this...yea they gotta be on point with this too :patrice: We should be awed by the production design.
The production design for BP I feel like is the most important element here, and one of the only things that concern me about the movie. Because Coogler's first two films have been very urban and minimal for the most part with Beachler as his production designer, but Black Panther mythos is regal, foreign, and sophisticated....very different from the flavor CREED and FRUITVALE STATION gives..

I love that Coogler likes to keep the people he works with well around him, but at the same time it would've been nice to have someone more seasoned and extravagant on production design.

I'm hoping the best

Need to see some updated concept art of Wakanda, etc. :jbhmm:

Lets hope they release some in the coming months..

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Black Love is the ONLY love that matters :ufdup:
Guess Black Widow is an option :skip:
tumblr_oj7xwkklO41uwl6nzo3_500.gif

teacher

All Star
Daps
Theory on another site. :jbhmm: @Realdealholy @Bigbigguy

WTF is dude talking about t'chaka exiling kilmonger and his pops? Klaw killed kilmonger's parents then kidnapped killmonger into slavery.... Klaw/ kilmonger team up makes 0 sense unless one is playing the mystery man to the other...unless they are throwing the comic story in the bushes :yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hold up.. Nothing in Africa. :gucci: @Ziggiy @Ironman
The rumored shots in Brazil out the window too?

The film, which opens in U.S. theaters on February 16, 2018, will be shot in Atlanta and South Korea.

Are they about to CGI Wakanda :hhh::francis:

I mean...the Jungle Book succeeded using nothing but CGI...but damn.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
WTF is dude talking about t'chaka exiling kilmonger and his pops? Klaw killed kilmonger's parents then kidnapped killmonger into slavery.... Klaw/ kilmonger team up makes 0 sense unless one is playing the mystery man to the other...unless they are throwing the comic story in the bushes :yeshrug:

Yea I'm still trying to figure this out. I guess maybe Klaw could be baron strucker or Crossbones status where he's just the villain to open the movie.

Then again I can't see Killmonger and M'Baku partnering up. Unless one of them is setting up a double cross later.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm still not convinced Klaw is even the villain in this. He might just be in flashback scenes and shyt and show up in an after credit scene to set him up as a sequel villain

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I would rather this than a love interest tbh.
Tbh, I think we'll get Monica Lynn in a sequel as a love interest, though not as anything that actually focuses on her like with Thor and Jane.. More like what we saw with Steve and Sharon.

With this movie, if the rumors are true that Lupita will start off as a rogue, then i imagine there will be that same one-sided flirtation on her end from the comics, with BP not exactly reciprocating it but it'll be clear to audiences that he doesn't fully hate her either.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's a great cast btw.

The synopsis says: "..he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk."

That's some food for thought. I'm looking at this assemble of Priest's run + it being the last movie before Infinity War, and it definitely opens up the floor for a lot of options.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
BLAP2016010_int2-15.jpeg

SHURI LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON THOSE SMUG DORA bytchES AND PUTTING THEM IN THEIR PLACE:damn::ahh::lolbron:

Shuri: So you jambazi bytches thought you could get away with trying to overthrow the kingdom, huh? :gucci:

Dora's ::gladbron: WAIT... QUEEN SHURI WE DIDN'T MEAN TO-- :whoa:

Shuri: You either get down, or you lay down...:demonic:

The Dora's: But you won't you eventually have us arrested and have tried and convicted for treason?

Shuri: Yes.. and..? :demonic:

The Dora's: :sadcam::manny:

Finally seeing them getting taken down a peg by the one and only Queen of Wakanda after all their meandering and chest-beating. :whew: Shuri out here acting more wiser T'challa in the span of mere minutes of stepping out the chamber. The Djalia really turned her into a Super Saiyan Wakandan. i can see her commanding over the final fight. She's come a long way, Coates is doing a good job of progressing her characther.

I wonder if the royal council will stick to charging them with treason after all of this is over?

And yeah this was easily one of the strongest issues in this entire arc. Everything was on point. A real page turner, where you felt the weight of anticipation in every scene. Coates' dialogue is really the backbone of the intrigue here, it's so top-notch it's crazy. Everything goes right thematically like @Realdealholy says out. Faintly dissapointed action is not one Coates' strong suits.

But as a political thriller -- and as something that delves deeply into the heart of Wakanda, make no mistake this book succeeds.

Next issue is finally the beginning of the end.

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
damn hope they do shoot in africa its like how u gone make a movie bout a goat african society but not film in africa :dahell: