Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Strongest MCU cast :wow:

She's an actor too

326full-ryan-michelle-bathe.jpg
Is she in Black Panther?

If not then what's the point of another man googling his name just to what his woman (or to see what type of woman) he's with? :dame:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
No complaints in Sterling K. Browm being in the movie. :obama:

That said....who the hell is N'Jobu? I never heard of the character before. Is it a McGregor character or from another run? Or an original character for the MCU?
Character Coogler created for the movie?
Or is this a Nolan type move where its a Marvel character under a different name right now. :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Is she in Black Panther?

If not then what's the point of another man googling his name just to what his woman (or to see what type of woman) he's with? :dame:

Actually I didn't know who sterling brown was and when I googled him the pic of him and his wife popped up...

And also becuase I felt like it nikka:umad:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Does anyone else feel like with every casting announcement, they're just ratcheting up the anticipation and expectations for this movie? It makes me anxious. I really want it to do well, but this build up is insane, and I hope it doesn't shoot itself in the foot. I almost wish the marketing/PR for this film to go ghost until the film is ready to drop.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Does anyone else feel like with every casting announcement, they're just ratcheting up the anticipation and expectations for this movie? It makes me anxious. I really want it to do well, but this build up is insane, and I hope it doesn't shoot itself in the foot. I almost wish the marketing/PR for this film to go ghost until the film is ready to drop.

The casting announcement is doing its job, especially for the mainstream. Even those who may have issues with an all-black cast are probably curious on how this ensemble will fair. The talent pool on this one is pretty damn high.

As for expectations for the film, gotta temper them. I know some are hoping for some revolutionary shyt, but in the end, its an MCU film owned by Disney. Only so much glorious shyt they'll put. We should just hope for, at the least, a solid film with solid portrayals across the board. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I feel you..
I just fear them limiting Coogler's vision to fit the Marvel brand. Which means no doubt it'll be good/successful...but kinda forgettable at the same time. :patrice: With money/resources/director this joint should be a classic... I hope that it is.
The casting announcement is doing its job, especially for the mainstream. Even those who may have issues with an all-black cast are probably curious on how this ensemble will fair. The talent pool on this one is pretty damn high.

As for expectations for the film, gotta temper them. I know some are hoping for some revolutionary shyt, but in the end, its an MCU film owned by Disney. Only so much glorious shyt they'll put. We should just hope for, at the least, a solid film with solid portrayals across the board. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
True.

Like I said earlier no doubt it'll be good. So at least that puts some fears to rest. Although I'm hoping that it doesn't fall into the trap the same trap of Thor movies. So many characters/history/etc but there's not enough time to cover everything through the narrative.

Low key (no pun) this movie should be 2hrs 20 mins..

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Like I said earlier no doubt it'll be good. So at least that puts some fears to rest. Although I'm hoping that it doesn't fall into the trap the same trap of Thor movies. So many characters/history/etc but there's not enough time to cover everything through the narrative.

Low key (no pun) this movie should be 2hrs 20 mins..

The BP movie having a large cast isn't surprising, considering BP's publication history.

The Russo brothers have shown twice now that they can handle a large cast, while keeping the main focus on the main character and ensuring said main character gets his just due via Cap 2 and Cap 3. Coogler can get it done.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The BP movie having a large cast isn't surprising, considering BP's publication history.

The Russo brothers have shown twice now that they can handle a large cast, while keeping the main focus on the main character and ensuring said main character gets his just due via Cap 2 and Cap 3. Coogler can get it done.
He can get it done...as long as the movie isn't just 2 hrs or a little under....Russo's films had time to breathe.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He can get it done...as long as the movie isn't just 2 hrs or a little under....Russo's films had time to breathe.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't over 2 hours.

Cap 2 and Cap 3 were 2h 16mins and 2h 27mins respectively. Nate Moore, who was a producer on both films, is producing BP.

Hell, even Iron Man 1 was 2h 6mins.

I think we'll be fine on the running time issue.