Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Wonder Woman, this is going to be an extremely important film when it comes to determining what comes out of Hollywood the next several years. Studios are going to be watching this film. If it succeeds, you could potentially see a lot more Black lead or dominated blockbusters on the horizon. If it fails, it will forever be used as an example as to why big budget Black films are not a good idea. Hollywood is gonna be like "oh well, we tried" and back to business as usual.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Like Wonder Woman, this is going to be an extremely important film when it comes to determining what comes out of Hollywood the next several years. Studios are going to be watching this film. If it succeeds, you could potentially see a lot more Black lead or dominated blockbusters on the horizon. If it fails, it will forever be used as an example as to why big budget Black films are not a good idea. Hollywood is gonna be like "oh well, we tried" and back to business as usual.

Which is why, I'm seeing this multiple times in theaters on GP. Most times I've ever seen any one movie in theaters has be 3, with pretty much just the Nolan Batman flicks. I'm at the very least going to pull that with this movie. Probably even more if it turns out to be a classick. If it's a bonafide classick, shyt about to be my gotdamn casablanca, with weekly viewings until it departs the damn theaters (or at least IMAX).

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Maybe, but I think it would be a bit misguided to think that way. Both characters kinda of transcend their demographics, I'm sure they will both do well. Copycatting it with a character who isn't as well known as these two will not bear the same results.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
If nikkas dnt see this multiple then we lost that patti libel pie shyt showed our economic power if we actually try. If I can then I will see this at least 10 times deadass

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If nikkas dnt see this multiple then we lost that patti libel pie shyt showed our economic power if we actually try. If I can then I will see this at least 10 times deadass
Had a chance to do that with BOAN, black panther isn't the best example as it's lining a corporation like Disney's pockets

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone else feel like with every casting announcement, they're just ratcheting up the anticipation and expectations for this movie? It makes me anxious. I really want it to do well, but this build up is insane, and I hope it doesn't shoot itself in the foot. I almost wish the marketing/PR for this film to go ghost until the film is ready to drop.
Every movie has casting announcements lol

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone else feel like with every casting announcement, they're just ratcheting up the anticipation and expectations for this movie? It makes me anxious. I really want it to do well, but this build up is insane, and I hope it doesn't shoot itself in the foot. I almost wish the marketing/PR for this film to go ghost until the film is ready to drop.
im worried they're putting too many noticable faces in this movie. which is why im glad chadwick is still relatively unknown. forest whitaker, michael jordan, angela bassett could all leave and i'd be happier for it

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I'm seeing this movie 10 times when it comes out in theaters. I saw Civil War 4 times to support Chadwicke and I'm going ALL out for the solo movie.