NvZL7FQ.jpg

3lzMtuI.jpg

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He has been shown being uncomfortable doing the stuff the previous Panthers did going back to his first series.

@Realdealholy those are fan made

Ahh, they are fan made. They look legit, good job by whoever did it.:ehh:

I remember the Priest run touched a bit on how he was reluctant in following the same actions the previous panthers have taken (something Hickman brings up in New Avengers and took it a step further, imo. I barerly read the Mcgregor run so I can't comment on that). But being comfortable about being a monarch in general? I'm not too sure.

Granted, it's semantics. And depending on how Coates approaches it, it can be a good story.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Has anyone read this? Looks dope.

BmPvNsn.jpg

NvZL7FQ.jpg

3lzMtuI.jpg

Does look dope... but they are fake.
Vixen/BronzeTiger is DC... BlackPanther/Storm are marvel... and both companies are way too greedy to take 30 cent each. :skip:

It would be funny to see BP meet Vixen tho cause she is a NY model and basically a bedwench :jbhmm:
She fukks w/Animal Man and stay on some straight c00n shyt. I think T'chala would look at her like :mjpls:
Animal-Man-and-Vixen.jpg

The new vixen was doing better cause my dude Dwayne McDuffie (the reason we had a black GL and Static Shock)
but McDuffie he died :rip: now she back c00nin again:smh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Does look dope... but they are fake.
Vixen/BronzeTiger is DC... BlackPanther/Storm are marvel... and both companies are way too greedy to take 30 cent each. :skip:

It would be funny to see BP meet Vixen tho cause she is a NY model and basically a bedwench :jbhmm:
She fukks w/Animal Man and stay on some straight c00n shyt. I think T'chala would look at her like :mjpls:
Animal-Man-and-Vixen.jpg

The new vixen was doing better cause my dude Dwayne McDuffie (the reason we had a black GL and Static Shock)
but McDuffie he died :rip: now she back c00nin again:smh:

Well damn.

Relationship wise, I remember her being with John Stewart (black GL) on the justice league show. Granted, McDuffie wrote most of it so he's probably responsible for the relationship happening.

McDuffie dying was really a big blow to comics animation, especially involving black characters.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Well damn.

Relationship wise, I remember her being with John Stewart (black GL) on the justice league show. Granted, McDuffie wrote most of it so he's probably responsible for the relationship happening.

McDuffie dying was really a big blow to comics animation, especially involving black characters.

Yeah, McDuffie did so much for black comics it can't really be stated enough.
:rip::myman:

Static is getting more love and shine now than many longterm iconic dc characters like Martian Manhunter.
Batman, Superman and most of the DC properties go back to World War 2, but as recent as 10 to 20 years ago nobody knew who static was. He is about to get his second tv series. Making him not only the first black DC character to have his own cartoon but also the first to have his own live action show.

Static is crushing it big time. He's DCs biggest new star and the only new thing they are pushing thats working.
They tried pushing alot of stuff pretty hard, like Grifter (of WildC.A.T.S.) and nobody cared. But Static is killing it.
:whew:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
=
Yeah, McDuffie did so much for black comics it can't really be stated enough.
:rip::myman:

Static is getting more love and shine now than many longterm iconic dc characters like Martian Manhunter.
Batman, Superman and most of the DC properties go back to World War 2, but as recent as 10 to 20 years ago nobody knew who static was. He is about to get his second tv series. Making him not only the first black DC character to have his own cartoon but also the first to have his own live action show.

Static is crushing it big time. He's DCs biggest new star and the only new thing they are pushing thats working.
They tried pushing alot of stuff pretty hard, like Grifter (of WildC.A.T.S.) and nobody cared. But Static is killing it.
:whew:

Wait, where can I get the latest Static stuff? like what series/run is he apart of currently?

Comics-wise, I haven't checked in on DC in a long ass time.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
=

Wait, where can I get the latest Static stuff? like what series/run is he apart of currently?

Comics-wise, I haven't checked in on DC in a long ass time.

Not sure whats going on with his comic series at the moment. I know he is a Teen Titan, but I don't really read the DC new 52.
As for tv there is of course his cartoon (Static Shock), his upcoming live-action series staring Jaden Smith, and he is in JLU tv series and in Young Justice tv series where he is mentored by the og black electric superhero, Black Lightning.
:banderas:

Ironically, Black Lightning used to get no love. He was a throw away 'ethnic' hero just there to diversify the roster (like Apache Chief).
But now he is being used more cause of Static, and treated much better.

They are even showing his backstory and family and stuff now after 30 years of him standing next to Aquaman with his arms crossed nodding yes.

:ohhh:
Thats the first time I've ever seen his kids. Didn't even know he had kids. :wow: They look awesome... :blessed:

McDuffie knew that having one solid black character could be a fluke, but having several solid black characters like Static, John Stewart, Mr. Terrific (who runs the Justice League headquarters) starts to create a network and make an environment where the black characters go from Jive comic relief to real useful team members, so he'd have them interact and support one another. Thats why there is the specific Green Lantern / Static crossover where its just GL without the rest of the league.

Anyone interested in McDuffie's work shoyld checkout Milestone comics. It was a black comic company he co-founded, where he got his start, and where Static Shock is originally from.

Milestone Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:salute:All about diversity.

250px-HardwareM0.jpg
250px-Bloodsyndicatemsu0.jpg
250px-IconM0.jpg
250px-Heroesmsu0.jpg

250px-Xombimsu0.jpg
(Korean-American superhero)
250px-Kobaltmsu0.jpg
(Cuban superhero)

Last edited: