Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Anyone read World of Wakanda yet? :lupe:

Yea, the Dora story was really eeeeeehhhhhhhhh. Really lacking so far. Hoping it improves.

Zenzi's story was actually good, didn't expect that. I'm looking forward to that, rather than the Dora story. Kinda wish Yona Harvey (writer of Zenzi's story) was writing the entire book.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I bought it, I'm organizing my comics, then I'll read it

I hope to get the variants next week, when I pick up BP #8.

That cover for BP #8 though :wow:

4642e690ac.png

Best Stelfreeze cover so far :banderas:

teacher

All Star
Daps
I hope to get the variants next week, when I pick up BP #8.

That cover for BP #8 though :wow:

4642e690ac.png

Best Stelfreeze cover so far :banderas:

good luck with that, the stelfreeze variant is even sold out at midtown, but the divided we stand and hip hop variants are dope too

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This is what I'm afraid of is really happening. Some white people are just jumping on this and seeing this weaker non stable Black Panther as the main version of him. Rape camps,:dwillhuh: country in shambles,:dwillhuh: the gawd getting sonned consistently in his own series:why:Black Excellence NOT being 12 steps ahead is the version that's being pushed in the comics :mjgrin:

The key will be how this season ends, that will truly show what Coates is all about. If Coates pulls a Doomwar, we'll know what time it is.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_nycvr23g4U1rrl12ro1_540.gif

tumblr_nycvgsSlbk1rtup1qo1_540.gif

tumblr_nycvgsSlbk1rtup1qo2_540.gif

America is likely to reject this movie now being that Trump made the country racist & noninclusive again

I would bet money this will be their lowest opening weekend of any in the current model

Again? The country has always been racist.

If the movie flops then it was always destined to flop. Trump has nothing to do with it.

With that said, as long as the Marvel brand continues to pop out quality films between now and Feb 2018, BP will be fine. At the end of the day people's need for good entertainment will overcome all. Marvel so far has continuously delivered on that.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Sales numbers for BP #7 are out.

Black Panther #7: 60,857

Comic Book Sales Figures for October 2016

Not the big sales bump some may have expected due to The Crew's appearance but still...60K for a BP book at this stage of the game? I'll take that. Plus, it did get a second printing.

Curious on how the rest of the season will fare.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Issue 8 &9 better be the most epic rescue of all comics the way Coates has hyped this....

Man, I really have my doubts on that one at this point. Every time we were teased of some dope shyt going down, it always ended up being "ehhhhhhh..."

BP #4 had T'Challa saying The People are going to catch that fade, yet the second arc has been "eehhhhhhhh..." :ld:

BP #7 had Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Storm and Manifold joining T'Challa to giving The People and Stane that work, and even that somehow ended up being "ehhhhhhhhhhhh...":ld:

At this point, I'm giving up hope on action. BP #8 and #9 better have some of the dopest visuals Chris Sprouse and Stelfreeze (who comes back for #9) will ever make along with Coates penning some top notch dialogue, in order to make up for the lackluster action. I have faith in the artists coming through, and especially Laura Martin's color game, but Coates' pen? It's been real....."ehhhhh..." so far overall, imho:ld:

Sprouse, Stelfreeze, and Laura Martin are going to have to somehow carry this book to glory :dead:

If we're going to have some low-key boring dialogue, I want said dialogue surrounded by the dopest visuals ever. On some Hype Williams / Michael Bay shyt lol. On some Doomwar without the bullshyt ending shyt :mjlol:

Low key...Doomwar's visuals were hella dope:ehh: