teacher

All Star
Daps
Shiiieett, I hope so! Cuz if not....wtf he thinking agreeing to that meeting in general...and then have it in Wakanda?!:mindblown:

Hopefully this season ends mad strong, that way I can eventually disregard that meeting :hubie:

bro...Binging the Priest run had me like :wtf: mad times until he tied it together albeit a lot quicker....still don't like T'challa had to die because of that CaC :camby:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
bro...Binging the Priest run had me like :wtf: mad times until he tied it together albeit a lot quicker....still don't like T'challa had to die because of that CaC :camby:

Breh, even the characters in the book were like :mindblown: when T'Challa be starting those elaborate scheme.

Killmonger straight up was like ":dwillhuh: this dude is nuts. He's insane:why:." You know your plans be on some shyt when even your own villains are like :dahell:.

That Killmonger moment was hilarious though:russ:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Issue 8 is the best issue since number 1!

Damn, since #1? :damn:

Actually...yea #1 can def be qualified as the best issue prior to #8.:patrice:

Which says a loooooooooot about this run.:why:

Hopefully we get a win streak with #9. Season's almost over.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Hannah Beachler will be the production designer for the Black Panther film. She worked previously with Coogler in Fruitville Station and Creed. More below.http://www.refinery29.com/2016/11/1...n?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter_share
http://www.refinery29.com/2016/11/1...n?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter_share
Meet The Female Force Behind The Visuals Of "Lemonade" & "Moonlight"

image.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of Hannah Beachler.

Hannah Beachler grew up in Centerville, Ohio the daughter of an interior decorator mother, living in a house built from the ground up by her architect father. So she knew from a young age that she was destined for an aesthetically-driven career, eventually believing she would land in the world of fashion. But she had no idea that one day she'd end up as Hollywood's only high-level black female production designer, dreaming up the sets and visuals for movies like Creed, Beyoncé's Lemonade music video, and the upcoming Marvel flick Black Panther.

"It's heartbreakingly sad," the New Orleans resident says of the lack of diversity both in front of and behind the camera. "A couple of years ago, the thought hit me, like, I can’t be the only female of color working at this level. That can’t possibly be right! But talking to friends of mine and just being on sets, I haven't seen women like me in this kind of position."

She doesn't blame the lack of diversity in her field completely on the film industry, though. "I think it's a combination of films not hiring enough people of color, and people not knowing that this is even an option as a career path. I’m hoping that maybe I change some minds on the Hollywood side, and also maybe introduce aspiring professionals to this idea as an option. Like hey, everyone! In case you didn't know, there's a really great craft in production design!"

Beachler says her own rise to the top wasn't always easy. After majoring in fashion design in undergrad, she started helping friends out with their music videos. Eventually she went back to school to study film, initially interested in becoming a director before a classmate asked for her help with the set on a Lifetime project they were working on. "That was it," Beachler says. "I did the production design for this really tiny horrible show and I was like yeah, I want to do this forever."

Working as a set dresser on a series of smaller movies and horror films (which meant making sure everything was taken care of, including "cleaning out old trash bins and scraping kitchen floors") eventually led the way to her breakthrough as the production designer for Ryan Coogler's Fruitvale Station in 2013. "Ryan and I immediately clicked," says Beachler. "Fruitvale was the movie that really set me on the trajectory of my career. That was when people really started to notice me and my work."

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
#8's cover is so iconic looking. Might have to cop the shirt...

Flatbush Zombies's newest single since dropping 3001:gladbron::wow:

On my rotation. Very similar to Blacktivist.

Break the chain, break the chain...:wow:

I knew they were big comic fans and had a relationship with Marvel but I didn't expect this.

Been two days since BP #8 came out, so I guess its safe to post this page :blessed:

f526dea8be.png

Can't wait to see her new power set, especially under Stelfreeze's artistic skills.:obama:

Let's go. :banderas:

I feel like Shuri is going to surpass T'challa in this arc, and that it's going to come down to her to actually defeat Tetu and Zenzi.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
#8's cover is so iconic looking. Might have to cop the shirt...

Flatbush Zombies's newest single since dropping 3001:gladbron::wow:

On my rotation. Very similar to Blacktivist.

Break the chain, break the chain...:wow:

I knew they were big comic fans and had a relationship with Marvel but I didn't expect this.

Was thinking of getting the shirt too, but I gotta save my budget for the variants. There are still plenty more left for this season :myman:

This whole vid recap for BP actually put me on some artists I haven't heard of too. Props to them for that.
Let's go. :banderas:

I feel like Shuri is going to surpass T'challa in this arc, and that it's going to come down to her to actually defeat Tetu and Zenzi.

The solicits for #10 came out not long ago. She'll be going at the MAs first. I'm assuming T'Challa will go at Tetu and/or Stane and his meta goons.

shyt's gonna be hilarious when the MAs and the Doras find out--in person--that she ain't dead no more.

Shuri: Sisters, I'm implore you to return to the Kingdom...or else:birdman:

MAs: :dwillhuh: :dahell: :damn:

The Doras: :whoo::ohhh::lupe::patrice:

I predict a combo of a lecture, fisty cuffs (out of love), the MAs and Doras' eventual return to the fold.

Very curious on how she'll be using her power set though. Hopefully Stelfreeze comes through with those dope visuals during that time. :obama: