teacher

All Star
Daps
And Nakia and Okoye's hair is long :manny:

Their position in Wakandan society being tied to their hair length and style... is random. They were bold, but Shuri isn't bold. Shuri has short hair but Ramonda doesn't. Aneka was bald in Ultimates but not in Coates run.

These writers/artists just making shyt up.

That shyt is a weave :stopitslime:

:troll:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
By position in Wakandan society, I was referring to them being warriors.

I just think it makes sense that the warriors of Wakanda, male and female, have short hair. Whether it be short like Aneka's and Shuri's or bald like several of the recent doras, it doesn't have to be strictly one way or the other, ideally it should be both and up to said character him/herself.

Meanwhile, Ramonda isn't a warrior, hence her hair is long.

That's how I would do it. It'll be up to the MCU ppl though and ultimately the hair stuff won't a dealbreaker to me. Whichever way they go about it will most likely be satisfactory, I feel.
The way I would do it is different hairstyles that showcase afrikan culture, to cater to the actual target audience: black and african women. Which to me is more important than arbitrary hair rules that most other fictional societies with military/warrior women don't limit themselves too. Having bald (Ayo), braided, short hair, styled fros, etc, and anything culturally stunning and Afrocentric, would be my preference.

They went from having hair (Nakia/Okoye) to being largely bald (Hudlin's run) to now 1 having an 'acceptable' kobe-fro to have her stand out (Aneka) while the others are bald or bald with long pony tails... and Shuri's hair was just her own distinct look (at the time) that they are now changing up to make her even more distinct. I just see it as them makin things up as they go.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Naw only the Dora shld bbbald show off black women hair and styles fukk that other shyt

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
We know that Okoye (Danai from Walking Dead) is the 2nd strongest warrior outside of T'Challa. We know that Nakia (Lupita) is the possible love interest. And we know that Ayo (Ms. "Move or you will be moved") is returning as well.

So i would prefer they don't make all three of those actresses bald or rocking the low cut Dwayne Wade. :francis: That's just doing too much imo, but we'll see.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Y'all are WAYYYY to caught up on hair man. The hair style of the Dora Millaje should honestly be the LEAST of our worries. We've got two fantastic actresses and a woman who with ONE line in Civil War was a scene stealer portraying the elite body guards of T'Challa. That should be enough to have us all jumping around and sharing candy and shyt. I could give a fukk if their bald or rocking long braids. They will be awesome

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Y'all are WAYYYY to caught up on hair man. The hair style of the Dora Millaje should honestly be the LEAST of our worries. We've got two fantastic actresses and a woman who with ONE line in Civil War was a scene stealer portraying the elite body guards of T'Challa. That should be enough to have us all jumping around and sharing candy and shyt. I could give a fukk if their bald or rocking long braids. They will be awesome

lol, it's all good, we're all really passionate about the film. Not to mention we probably low key bored, being that there's no new movie/comic news at the moment.

So long as the movie isn't trash, this will be me at the theater:

200.gif

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
We know that Okoye (Danai from Walking Dead) is the 2nd strongest warrior outside of T'Challa. We know that Nakia (Lupita) is the possible love interest. And we know that Ayo (Ms. "Move or you will be moved") is returning as well.

LOL, Ayo needs a nickname. Most fans don't even call her MCU Ayo by her name, just a variation of "move..." :russ:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
To be fair she wasn't given a name. She was credited as Security Chief. It looks like they only just now decided she's Ayo.

I know, I'm talking about now, not when Civil War came out. Even though people now know her name officially, they still don't call her by "Ayo." It's still a variation of "move..."

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Well i give a fukk if they're bald or rocking braids lol, which isn't to say it's some high priority "worry" or that anybody is questioning if Lupita or Danai will actually perform well.

I actually preferred the hair culture talk everyone just had to the usual "how come they chose _____ instead of ______ to play ______" merry-go-round bs I see for every (male) actor cast. A welcomed commercial break from the "Coates sucks" and "MBJ gon ruin everything" amc marathon