Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
There are rumors about Reese Witherspoon have an undisclosed role in Black Panther :ohhh:

just kidding:mjgrin:

giphy.gif

Jards

All Star
Daps
Makes sense, especially age wise. T'Chaka was much older in the MCU, makes sense for Ramonda to be older than her comic counterpart as well.
Yeah makes sense although this isn't a rumour that's going around, just a fan cast that they were doing - wouldn't be surprised though given her connection with the director and lead actor

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yeah makes sense although this isn't a rumour that's going around, just a fan cast that they were doing - wouldn't be surprised though given her connection with the director and lead actor

Breh, the way things are going, they gonna go real left with the Ramonda casting. shyt's been random as hell.

doublex

Pro
Daps

Hmm, I hope not. Love Phylicia but she doesn't look Wakandan.

MV5BMTczMzcxNzYyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTAyMDQ2NA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

They've been doing such a good job with the casting so far. Let's not mess it up.

Black-Panther-cast-as-of-Oct-21.jpg

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Hmm, I hope not. Love Phylicia but she doesn't look Wakandan.

MV5BMTczMzcxNzYyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTAyMDQ2NA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ahhh, but here's the thing: Ramonda isn't Wakandan. She's South African. She's a foreigner.

Now, in fairness, Ramonda is usually portrayed as darker-skinned in the comics and I would prefer they keep it that way in the MCU, but out of all the "Wakandan" characters in the BP verse, they prolly have the most "leeway" with her. I don't think they'll go too far with Ramonda though (casting Ramonda with a biracial actress, for example. Doubt they would go there).

Last edited:

doublex

Pro
Daps
Ahhh, but here's the thing: Ramonda isn't Wakandan. She's South African. She's a foreigner.

Now, in fairness, Ramonda is usually portrayed as darker-skinned in the comics and I would prefer they keep it that way in the MCU, but out of all the "Wakandan" characters in the BP verse, they prolly have the most "leeway" with her. I don't think they'll go too far with Ramonda though (casting Ramonda with a biracial actress, for example. Doubt they would go there).

Rather than confuse the audience, I'd rather they just keep everybody looking "Wakandan".

Viola would make a great Ramonda:

d094bd26342dfc714b4d8e29ee95d737.png

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They brought this up on Marvel Movie News but Phylicia Rashad could possibly be a candidate for Ramonda (was in Creed and was CB's acting mentor)

Hmmmm.....:jbhmm:

While Mrs Huxtable, the original mother of black excellence, would indeed be an interesting choice. I feel like Ramonda is a SLAM DUNK for Angela Basset. I don't know if Phylicia has the gravitas for the role. And this is NOT a slight to Ms. Rashad:whoa: but I can't remember the last true dramatic role she was in besides For Colored Girls...which is a movie better left forgotten..

But I've been wrong pretty much when it comes to every single bit of casting news that leaked so far so hey:manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hmmmm.....:jbhmm:

While Mrs Huxtable, the original mother of black excellence, would indeed be an interesting choice. I feel like Ramonda is a SLAM DUNK for Angela Basset. I don't know if Phylicia has the gravitas for the role. And this is NOT a slight to Ms. Rashad:whoa: but I can't remember the last true dramatic role she was in besides For Colored Girls...which is a movie better left forgotten..

But I've been wrong pretty much when it comes to every single bit of casting news that leaked so far so hey:manny:
C'mon breh speak on it. :mjgrin: